ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Elite AAU Schedule?

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
Does anyone know the game schedule with dates/times for Indiana Elite in the AAU tournament in Rock Hill SC this week (7/924-7/14/24)? Wanting to go see them play, but can't find information on dates or times.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Does anyone know the game schedule with dates/times for Indiana Elite in the AAU tournament in Rock Hill SC this week (7/924-7/14/24)? Wanting to go see them play, but can't find information on dates or times.
Download the 3SSB app for your phone. Once inside, you're looking for the 3SSB Palmetto Road Championship.

Cmon kurt! You load a cooler and I’ll drive! LFG!! 😂
thought some of the other Carolina Hoosiers might show. I'm planning to go with a couple other Hoosiers from Charlotte and have a feeling there will be plenty of others from Charlotte too.

thought some of the other Carolina Hoosiers might show. I'm planning to go with a couple other Hoosiers from Charlotte and have a feeling there will be plenty of others from Charlotte too.
I hope so. Represent! I was just having a little fun with kurt.

Just watched them get beat by Phenom United.

Darryn Peterson was better than any of the Indiana Elite players…by a lot. Beat them almost single handedly.

Reactions: kkott

Darryn Peterson was better than any of the Indiana Elite players…by a lot. Beat them almost single handedly.
Text from @kkott said that same thing among a few other observations. I'll let him share them.

Reactions: .Gerdis

You made it to Rock Hill? Yeah, as you said, that #22 (Darryn Peterson, #3 in 2025) was just too much for anyone on IN Elite to handle. 6'5" and looked like a solid 210-215. The whole team looked like they were 6'3" - 6'6" but stronger and just really played physical and mucked up the game like Pitino's Lville teams used to and it bothered IN Elite. Even though they are skilled, they didn't have anyone who could stop that kid. I sat right behind the scorers table and I thought I heard one of them say he had 33, and that was probably with 6-7 minutes left. Guessing he scored 40 of their 70 pts. 70-61 final. Looked like a solid varsity team playing a talented freshmen team and the Phenom guys were just more physical and it kept IE off kilter the whole game. Heard IE beat them in Birmingham, so hopefully they'll see them again later, but sounds like they now need to win their next 2 to maybe make the championship bracket?

Sadly, no one from IN Elite stood out to me. Moreno obviously has the size, athleticism and talent, but they didn't utilize him much in the post and Phenom just collapsed on everything and mucked it up and the outside shots weren't falling. IE got killed with turnovers, again as they were constantly having the ball swatted at and contested. I would guess they had 15+ turnovers. They got tentative and I think were also struggling with travel jitters, and maybe bought into their hype a little too much. You could see the talent in Mullins, who has a silky shot, but guessing he was something like 2-8/9 from 3. Sisley's shot looked good, but I only recall 1 three and he was off at both ends, as Peterson's eyes seemed to light up when Sisley was on him and he was the primary defender I thought. Just really exploited a weakness there and IE never found a solution. They were frustrated and talking, there were at least 3 technicals and lots of chirping. Hard game to officiate and it bothered IE too much.

Are the halves shorter in AAU? Swear I looked up after what seemed like a minute of play in the second half and the clock was under 16 minutes. That was my first AAU tournament and it was at least fun to see, but I'd hoped to see an IE win and sparkling games from those 3. As I said, you can see the talent, but they're all going to have to get stronger and more explosive. But, again, without Peterson, IE probably wins this game by 10, even with the ugly play. They played on the championship court which has small arena style seating for maybe 1000, but I didn't readily recognize any coaches. Believe Sisley's Dad was next to us, but a few seats away and he was frustrated with the play so not conducive to chatting with anyone. I did see lots of IN and IU gear and a couple people commented about being from IN.

Last edited:
You made it to Rock Hill? Yeah, as you said, that #22 (Darryn Peterson, #3 in 2025) was just too much for anyone on IN Elite to handle. 6'5" and looked like a solid 210-215. The whole team looked like they were 6'3" - 6'6" but stronger and just really played physical and mucked up the game like Pitino's Lville teams used to and it bothered IN Elite. Even though they are skilled, they didn't have anyone who could stop that kid. I sat right behind the scorers table and I thought I heard one of them say he had 33, and that was probably with 6-7 minutes left. Guessing he scored 40 of their 70 pts. 70-61 final. Looked like a solid varsity team playing a talented freshmen team and the Phenom guys were just more physical and it kept IE off kilter the whole game. Heard IE beat them in Birmingham, so hopefully they'll see them again later, but sounds like they now need to win their next 2 to maybe make the championship bracket?

Sadly, no one from IN Elite stood out to me. Moreno obviously has the size, athleticism and talent, but they didn't utilize him much in the post and Phenom just collapsed on everything and mucked it up and the outside shots weren't falling. IE got killed with turnovers, again as they were constantly having the ball swatted at and contested. I would guess they had 15+ turnovers. They got tentative and I think were also struggling with travel jitters, and maybe bought into their hype a little too much. You could see the talent in Mullins, who has a silky shot, but guessing he was something like 2-8/9 from 3. Sisley's shot looked good, but I only recall 1 three and he was off at both ends, as Peterson's eyes seemed to light up when Sisley was on him and he was the primary defender I thought. Just really exploited a weakness there and IE never found a solution. They were frustrated and talking, there were at least 3 technicals and lots of chirping. Hard game to officiate and it bothered IE too much.

Are the halves shorter in AAU? Swear I looked up after what seemed like a minute of play in the second half and the clock was under 16 minutes. That was my first AAU tournament and it was at least fun to see, but I'd hoped to see an IE win and sparkling games from those 3. As I said, you can see the talent, but they're all going to have to get stronger and more explosive. But, again, without Peterson, IE probably wins this game by 10, even with the ugly play. They played on the championship court which has small arena style seating for maybe 1000, but I didn't readily recognize any coaches. Believe Sisley's Dad was next to us, but a few seats away and he was frustrated with the play so not conducive to chatting with anyone. I did see lots of IN and IU gear and a couple people commented about being from IN.
They’re all really good. I’ve seen them against similarly athletic and physical teams control the game. I think Peterson was just on a completely different level than anyone else in that game. Replace Peterson with any sort of “normal” 5 star level guard, and IE probably wins that game easily…

But definitely, for some reason, they struggled with Phenoms overall physicality. Sisley was pretty bad in this game, and Mullins was off most game. But again, I think Petersons presence had a lot to do with both those guys struggles.

My views of these 3 haven’t changed as much as I wish we had been more serious in our recruitment of Peterson. I see we had offered him at one point, but we aren’t listed as a contender to get him.

They’re all really good. I’ve seen them against similarly athletic and physical teams control the game. I think Peterson was just on a completely different level than anyone else in that game. Replace Peterson with any sort of “normal” 5 star level guard, and IE probably wins that game easily…

But definitely, for some reason, they struggled with Phenoms overall physicality. Sisley was pretty bad in this game, and Mullins was off most game. But again, I think Petersons presence had a lot to do with both those guys struggles.

My views of these 3 haven’t changed as much as I wish we had been more serious in our recruitment of Peterson. I see we had offered him at one point, but we aren’t listed as a contender to get him.
Would love to see a box score, but I bet IE was under 40% and Sisley and Mullins probably were at the lower end. Credit Phenoms, but it would've appeared that IE had an advantage inside that they were never able to get on track with that. When Moreno touched the ball I felt like it was on the perimeter and most of his and the 4 (Dez?) scoring were off offensive rebounds, not set plays. And, then to top it off, I didn't think IE was good at the line either and Phenoms was excellent there.

Last edited:
Would love to see a box score, but I bet IE was under 40% and Sisley and Mullins probably were at the lower end. Credit Phenoms, but it would've appeared that IE had an advantage inside that they were never able to get on track with that. When Moreno touched the ball I felt like it was on the perimeter and most of his and the 4 (Dez?) scoring were off offensive rebounds, not set plays. And, then to top it off, I didn't think IE was good at the line either and Phenoms was excellent there.
I haven’t seen them enough to have really any clue about what type of offense they usually try to run…but my guess is they don’t often change what they’re doing within games all that much. They haven’t needed to, but mainly there aren’t usually a ton of those types of adjustments in AAU ball.

They kept trying to run a flare screen play for Mullins, as an example, and after Phenom sniffed it out, they probably ran it 5 times after that…and it never worked.

Also, with the physicality in the paint, and Morenos issues shooting free throws…not sure I would have ran much more stuff through him either.

Zachary and Ertel were pretty much non existent in this game too. So that limited what the rest were able to do. Both of them struggled getting in to the lane and kicking out, and I’m sure that’s a big part of their normal success.

I haven’t seen them enough to have really any clue about what type of offense they usually try to run…but my guess is they don’t often change what they’re doing within games all that much. They haven’t needed to, but mainly there aren’t usually a ton of those types of adjustments in AAU ball.

They kept trying to run a flare screen play for Mullins, as an example, and after Phenom sniffed it out, they probably ran it 5 times after that…and it never worked.

Also, with the physicality in the paint, and Morenos issues shooting free throws…not sure I would have ran much more stuff through him either.

Zachary and Ertel were pretty much non existent in this game too. So that limited what the rest were able to do. Both of them struggled getting in to the lane and kicking out, and I’m sure that’s a big part of their normal success.
Ertel really struggled with Phenom's length and pressure from what I saw. Painter recruiting him to be Smith's replacement, I don't see it.

Ertel really struggled with Phenom's length and pressure from what I saw. Painter recruiting him to be Smith's replacement, I don't see it.
I don't know some of their other players, so is Zachary the starting PG and Ertel the backup? Both struggled, but I though Ertel looked pretty loose with the ball and not as confident. They both struggled with Phenoms aggressiveness, but I thought Ertel, if I have them right, looked less polished. In no way resembled a guy that would be starting after Smith at PU, but it was 1 game. Isn't Zachary a big time football recruit, ND commit? Looked very small to me for that level... I assumed he was a QB, but maybe a running back or receiver? Either way he looked small to be that level of D1 player, especially as a QB.

PS, nevermind: DB so that size isn't as small.

Last edited:
Coyle just said last night was a "showcase" game and doesn't count in the standings. I think they play this morning and Thursday morning so hopefully better success then.

Coyle just said last night was a "showcase" game and doesn't count in the standings. I think they play this morning and Thursday morning so hopefully better success then.
They play a couple “showcase” games. Most teams are playing just 1. Bracket play starts today though, yes.

For what it’s worth, they got drilled this morning by New World. Didn’t see the game. Not sure how it happened. But New World shouldn’t have been able to thump them like that? Bad week seems like.

Doesn’t change my view that I’d LOVE to have any/all of the 3 IE guys on our radar. But it does underscore the importance of getting higher level guys like Haralson too.

It’s just a fact that you can’t hang banners any more without guys like Peterson on your roster. Having Sisley/Mullins types helps, but gotta have some NBA talent to get number 6.

I don't know some of their other players, so is Zachary the starting PG and Ertel the backup? Both struggled, but I though Ertel looked pretty loose with the ball and not as confident. They both struggled with Phenoms aggressiveness, but I thought Ertel, if I have them right, looked less polished. In no way resembled a guy that would be starting after Smith at PU, but it was 1 game. Isn't Zachary a big time football recruit, ND commit? Looked very small to me for that level... I assumed he was a QB, but maybe a running back or receiver? Either way he looked small to be that level of D1 player, especially as a QB.

PS, nevermind: DB so that size isn't as small.
Zachary is their best PG, but didn't always start at his request so others could be seen more. He will most likely start beginning tomorrow, I would imagine.
We'll have reports from Todd Leary down there.

Zachary is their best PG, but didn't always start at his request so others could be seen more. He will most likely start beginning tomorrow, I would imagine.
We'll have reports from Todd Leary down there.
I guess it changes things being the "showcase" games that don't really count, but hard to believe they'd get handled pretty easily twice and then turn it on and run the table. Guess we'll find out starting today. Tell Todd to go to Towne Tavern and get the bourbon wings Coach's style. Rock Hill is to football what IN is to basketball. Supposedly has produced more NFL players per capita than any city in the country, and lots of memorabilia on the walls at Towne. They call it Football City USA. Towne doesn't look like much but great food and generous/cheap drinks... it's where the locals go.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, they got drilled this morning by New World. Didn’t see the game. Not sure how it happened. But New World shouldn’t have been able to thump them like that? Bad week seems like.

Doesn’t change my view that I’d LOVE to have any/all of the 3 IE guys on our radar. But it does underscore the importance of getting higher level guys like Haralson too.

It’s just a fact that you can’t hang banners any more without guys like Peterson on your roster. Having Sisley/Mullins types helps, but gotta have some NBA talent to get number 6.
Well again, if I'm coaching today, I'm not looking at anyone other than UCONN and they had what, 4 players drafted this year after 2-3 last year... and Karaban flirted but I think is returning? That's a whole lot of talent, and interesting how they are mixed with players they recruited and transfers. Again, I go back to the thinking that you primarily only take top 50/100 kids or ones you feel have incredible upside, and then go the transfer portal from there. Flies in the face of what Painter did this year with a 6, errr I mean, 5 man class. I know the Boilers are excited about this class, but will be interesting to see how many of them stick around.

I guess it changes things being the "showcase" games that don't really count, but hard to believe they'd get handled pretty easily twice and then turn it on and run the table. Guess we'll find out starting today. Tell Todd to go to Towne Tavern and get the bourbon wings Coach's style. Rock Hill is to football what IN is to basketball. Supposedly has produced more NFL players per capita than any city in the country, and lots of memorabilia on the walls at Towne. Doesn't look like much but great food... it's where the locals go.
IE faced a zone today and shredded it with 48% hitting 13 of their 27 - 3FGAs. There is a new thread for those updates. that will be added to throughout the day. Info has been forwarded to TL. I'm sure he appreciates it.

Well one New World player hit 8 of 11 on 3-pt shots and as a team they hit 17/19 FTs. IE had single digit FTAs. They got it together today with hot shooting of their own. There is a 3SSB Update thread.

IE got back on track this morning with a 88-72 win this morning over Team One of Us in the first tournament game. IE started to get back to looking like their old selves. IU targets Braylon Mullins and Trent Sisley led the team with 22 points each. Sisley went 10/12 shooting and finally looked back to being comfortable. Mullins did a little bit of everything for IE also putting in 4 rebounds and 5 assists on 9-16 shooting. Top 20 recruit, Malachi Moreno totaled 5 points and 5 rebounds. He looks to be thinking too much with over two dozen coaches sitting courtside. If IE wants to bring home the title, they're going to need a 100% Malachi Moreno. IE faces Team Lillard tomorrow morning @ 11 on court 2.

No NCAA champion, in at least the last 6 years, has had less than 4 players on their roster that was either drafted or signed by an NBA team.

IE got back on track this morning with a 88-72 win this morning over Team One of Us in the first tournament game. IE started to get back to looking like their old selves. IU targets Braylon Mullins and Trent Sisley led the team with 22 points each. Sisley went 10/12 shooting and finally looked back to being comfortable. Mullins did a little bit of everything for IE also putting in 4 rebounds and 5 assists on 9-16 shooting. Top 20 recruit, Malachi Moreno totaled 5 points and 5 rebounds. He looks to be thinking too much with over two dozen coaches sitting courtside. If IE wants to bring home the title, they're going to need a 100% Malachi Moreno. IE faces Team Lillard tomorrow morning @ 11 on court 2.
In the game I watched Tuesday evening Moreno limped off the court towards the end of the game and didn't go back in. Thought it was just a thigh bruise, but was he limping at all and do you think that might be affecting him?

In the game I watched Tuesday evening Moreno limped off the court towards the end of the game and didn't go back in. Thought it was just a thigh bruise, but was he limping at all and do you think that might be affecting him?
I didn't get to see enough because of the radio show this morning, but will talk to Todd about it. I haven't heard anything like that, though.

I didn't get to see enough because of the radio show this morning, but will talk to Todd about it. I haven't heard anything like that, though.
Thanks. 5pts and 5 rebs sounds pretty pedestrian for an athletic 7'er, and I just remembered him leaving the game and wondered if it might still be bothering him.

Reactions: Jim Coyle
Thanks. 5pts and 5 rebs sounds pretty pedestrian for an athletic 7'er, and I just remembered him leaving the game and wondered if it might still be bothering him.
Agreed. But that is one of the great things about this team and why they have been so strong this year - They take what the defense gives them and seem to have an answer for whatever that is. He's probably finding his grove. He should wear Team Lillard out tomorrow!?!? They have a 6'-9" guy, but he doesn't play much. Their 6'-8" guy didn't look all that athletic.

No NCAA champion, in at least the last 6 years, has had less than 4 players on their roster that was either drafted or signed by an NBA team.
I’m sure it goes further back than that… and if there have been exceptions, they’re incredibly rare. I’d prefer IU played the odds and went with NBA level talent…since they’re more than capable of getting them…They just need to find the right ones, and Woody or the next coach need to push all the right buttons with those right ones.

I’m sure it goes further back than that… and if there have been exceptions, they’re incredibly rare. I’d prefer IU played the odds and went with NBA level talent…since they’re more than capable of getting them…They just need to find the right ones, and Woody or the next coach need to push all the right buttons with those right ones.
I only started researching it because I was saying that Purdue didn't have the talent to win it all. I stopped at 5 and UConn's team this year makes six.

I only started researching it because I was saying that Purdue didn't have the talent to win it all. I stopped at 5 and UConn's team this year makes six.
I’ve looked in the past, but I think I had been looking for star ratings. Even at that, which obviously doesn’t indicate NBA abilities, it’s a clear trend that you need elite talent to win nattys.

Purdue has never had enough elite talent to do it. Even when they had the most dominant big man since Shaq. They love the Painter model of developing kids from within. That likely won’t work much longer in today’s world. And work, for them, is limited to occasional B10 titles and Final Fours every 40 or so years. To each their own I guess. IU is better than that, always has been. So I’m glad we still strive for more talented players.

• Haha
Reactions: redrocker5
Moreno is very tall, no doubt and a vital piece defensively affecting shots and grabbing boards. But is he the best player (being the highest ranked nationally) on the team? He is not. He's just as likely to give you a 5 pt. game than a 20 pt. game.

Moreno is very tall, no doubt and a vital piece defensively affecting shots and grabbing boards. But is he the best player (being the highest ranked nationally) on the team? He is not. He's just as likely to give you a 5 pt. game than a 20 pt. game.
He was by far the highest rated player of the 3 until like a month ago when Mullins shot up. I think he's either the first or 2nd rated 5 by position, so I think you're under stating what his expectations are and should be. I have a feeling that he and his coach's expectations are a good bit higher than what you are stating. I'm guessing 5 pts is a low for his AAU games this year. At his size and athleticism and in HS, he should be averaging a double double or very nearly so.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Looks like IN Elite beat Team Lillard 63-42. They play Team Loaded NC 17U at 4pm I believe. If you download the app Bloom mentions above, you can check scores and schedules and "follow" a team and it will send you updates. Hoping to go back Saturday or Sunday if they keep advancing.

Last edited:
I’ve looked in the past, but I think I had been looking for star ratings. Even at that, which obviously doesn’t indicate NBA abilities, it’s a clear trend that you need elite talent to win nattys.

Purdue has never had enough elite talent to do it. Even when they had the most dominant big man since Shaq. They love the Painter model of developing kids from within. That likely won’t work much longer in today’s world. And work, for them, is limited to occasional B10 titles and Final Fours every 40 or so years. To each their own I guess. IU is better than that, always has been. So I’m glad we still strive for more talented players.
Yeah, I have said it on ISB Radio over and over, Painter and Purdue will have to quickly change their model or remain a consistent, but middle of the road program. Even though their 2024 class was reduced to 5 incoming freshman, that is just too many, unless you have a couple of Cooper Flagg types included. Add in a couple of their sophomores and half of their roster is made up of decent underclassman. That is simply no longer sustainable.

Yeah, I have said it on ISB Radio over and over, Painter and Purdue will have to quickly change their model or remain a consistent, but middle of the road program. Even though their 2024 class was reduced to 5 incoming freshman, that is just too many, unless you have a couple of Cooper Flagg types included. Add in a couple of their sophomores and half of their roster is made up of decent underclassman. That is simply no longer sustainable.
I don't see why not, if you recruit the right type of kids who want to develop and stay its easily sustainable, there not losing 3 or 4 kids to the portal every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT