ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Elite AAU Schedule?

That's just inaccurate and I'm sure you realize that.
Is it? I'm not a recruitnik and haven't and won't look, but based on past years and rankings-wise what constitutes a top 20 class, I doubt they were very highly ranked as a class, even with Catchings. Take him away, and I bet they'd fall a ton. Painter's made his success with finding guys way better than their ranking (Edey and Smith) and maybe he did it again with Jacobson?, but where are the other freshmen ranked?

The past year??? Been a pretty amazing decade run with amount of wins. Yeah the disappointment of tourney can't forget but everyone here focuses on that. Big 10 titles, great wins whether in November or March are amazing memories. Oh yeah recent as well. This year was pinnacle but past years were super strong also. Purdue will be fine and strong that's a given. IU obviously will be stronger so all good. A lot of fans here sound like New York baseball fans lol. Money is great but doesn't guarantee results. Going to be fun see how it plays out.
It has been...for sure. Everything as changed with NIL and the Portal. And they haven't had to react yet. Maybe they will adapt and continue to thrive? I do think from a style standpoint, Painter will adapt well to not having Edey any more. But to continue being "Top 10", B10 title, FF levels of good, they 100% are going to have to figure out the NIL/Portal game. Because they WILL start to lose players, and miss out on players they want, if they don't have the capacity and willingness to compete in the NIL/Portal world.

Their entire model relies on player development, and keeping those developed players for multiple years. Its much more difficult to keep players from transferring, while they're developing, because there are so many schools out there willing to pay top dollar NIL money to get players. If Benter hardly plays this year because he's developing, and playing behind Loyer, Heide, Colvin, etc... And a different school, like Louisville, or Xavier, or whoever offers him both playing time and more NIL money...you don't think he's gone? If Heide does realize his potential this year, and his value jumps up to 7 figures from schools like Kansas, Carolina, etc... Are they going to be able to pay him that to stay? If Smith has an B10 POY year this year, without Edey, and his NIL value jumps to 2-3 million...will Purdue pay that? If not will Smith pass up that dollar difference in what is likely his last ever year of being able to make 7 plus figures playing basketball?

I know everything is hunky dory in West Laffy right now...but the storm clouds are forming. I doubt they're as ready for it as all the smug Purdue fans think they are.

Reactions: redrocker5
I know everything is hunky dory in West Laffy right now...but the STORM clouds are forming. I doubt they're as ready for it as all the smug Purdue fans think they are.
Why are you so worried about Purdue? First IU fans say Purdue has no talent, Painter can't recruit or coach, now all the sudden Purdue has so much talent that they can't afford to keep them, and well Painter I guess can coach! Maybe IU fans should worry more about their own team keeping up with say a team like PURDUE! Fact: IU has had over 10 transfers over the last few years, I guess some of them were being under PAID! Purdue on the other hand has actually had only one transfer (Isaiah Thompson), sure they had four seniors leave to play their 5th year elsewhere, but 3 of those 4 redshirted and had spent 5 years at Purdue already! Poor Purdue they might become almost as bad as say IU! I love the IU liberal mind set, lets throw some money at it and maybe we can buy some success! Oh another thing, if I was a recruit it would be a lot more fun to play at Purdue playing against teams like Alabama, Auburn, Marquette, Texas A&M, BYU and possible North Carolina St on national TV, than playing for a team with a cupcake schedule that the BIG Ten plus loves!

Why are you so worried about Purdue? First IU fans say Purdue has no talent, Painter can't recruit or coach, now all the sudden Purdue has so much talent that they can't afford to keep them, and well Painter I guess can coach! Maybe IU fans should worry more about their own team keeping up with say a team like PURDUE! Fact: IU has had over 10 transfers over the last few years, I guess some of them were being under PAID! Purdue on the other hand has actually had only one transfer (Isaiah Thompson), sure they had four seniors leave to play their 5th year elsewhere, but 3 of those 4 redshirted and had spent 5 years at Purdue already! Poor Purdue they might become almost as bad as say IU! I love the IU liberal mind set, lets throw some money at it and maybe we can buy some success! Oh another thing, if I was a recruit it would be a lot more fun to play at Purdue playing against teams like Alabama, Auburn, Marquette, Texas A&M, BYU and possible North Carolina St on national TV, than playing for a team with a cupcake schedule that the BIG Ten plus loves!
My question is why do you take time to post on an IU site, when you are clearly a pu TROLL?

Reactions: LifelongIU77
The past year??? Been a pretty amazing decade run with amount of wins. Yeah the disappointment of tourney can't forget but everyone here focuses on that. Big 10 titles, great wins whether in November or March are amazing memories. Oh yeah recent as well. This year was pinnacle but past years were super strong also. Purdue will be fine and strong that's a given. IU obviously will be stronger so all good. A lot of fans here sound like New York baseball fans lol. Money is great but doesn't guarantee results. Going to be fun see how it plays out.
Losing is pinnacle?...hahahaa

Go away.

• Haha
Reactions: redrocker5
Edey was 400+, where was Carson Edwards rated, or Jaden Ivey? Duke and UK has had twice the talent of the current dream team of IU, and has done what? And oh boy you know those players cost a mint! UM, IU and UK may have retooled, but of those three teams, UM is the only one with a coach! UCONN is great because they have a COACH! UM will surprise, because they have built the best roster, and unlike IU they can shoot! And I will be the first to tell you that the freshman guards at Purdue (Cox and Harris) will have better careers than IU's guards. Painter said it best, if the guys who went around ranking high school players where good at what they do, they would be coaching somewhere! Maybe you should COOL your jets and maybe see what the product looks like before jumping into the empty pool of expectations!
Listen blippy...you are a fan of a program that has never won anything. Why do you think coming here and talking smack to fans of a program that has 5 national titles is a good idea? History,and #'s are not on your side. Go back to your little hole,with all the other 2nd rate program fans.

Reactions: Willray
Why are you so worried about Purdue? First IU fans say Purdue has no talent, Painter can't recruit or coach, now all the sudden Purdue has so much talent that they can't afford to keep them, and well Painter I guess can coach! Maybe IU fans should worry more about their own team keeping up with say a team like PURDUE! Fact: IU has had over 10 transfers over the last few years, I guess some of them were being under PAID! Purdue on the other hand has actually had only one transfer (Isaiah Thompson), sure they had four seniors leave to play their 5th year elsewhere, but 3 of those 4 redshirted and had spent 5 years at Purdue already! Poor Purdue they might become almost as bad as say IU! I love the IU liberal mind set, lets throw some money at it and maybe we can buy some success! Oh another thing, if I was a recruit it would be a lot more fun to play at Purdue playing against teams like Alabama, Auburn, Marquette, Texas A&M, BYU and possible North Carolina St on national TV, than playing for a team with a cupcake schedule that the BIG Ten plus lo
Cute...

Listen blippy...you are a fan of a program that has never won anything. Why do you think coming here and talking smack to fans of a program that has 5 national titles is a good idea? History,and #'s are not on your side. Go back to your little hole,with all the other 2nd rate program fans.

well done! screams originality and well thought out.

Excited for Notre Dame football soon?

well done! screams originality and well thought out.

Excited for Notre Dame football soon?
Sorry RedRocket....Smh...feel stupid yet? You should. I am a fan of anyone who beats Notre Dame,except purdue,but that won't be a worry now will it?

Also...excited for TKR to get pummeled by Ballo? Dumbass

Sorry RedRocket....Smh...feel stupid yet? You should. I am a fan of anyone who beats Notre Dame,except purdue,but that won't be a worry now will it?

Also...excited for TKR to get pummeled by Ballo? Dumbass

Sorry my bad. I thought all IU basketball fans that did not attend campus usually throw their allegiance to Notre Dame come football season. Guess there are some outliers !

Apparently Painter did offer Luke Ertel who is the backup PG for Indiana Elite. Kid looked like Braden Smith, but didn't play like him in the 1 game I saw. Looked overwhelmed I thought. Sleepers said he offered a couple other kids from 2026 too. Seems Paint is all in on developing HS kids. I salute him, but I just don't think it will work as well. Super interested to see if it does. The summer reports on this years class sound great. Sleepers said they are listing that big freshman at 7'4" now also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT