ADVERTISEMENT

I'm In

Evangelical Protestants do have great diversity in their membership, but as a whole, they skew far to the right compared to mainline Protestants. Mainline Protestants support same-sex marriage, 57-35, while Evangelicals oppose it, 64-28. Similarly, mainline Protestants believe homosexuality should be accepted, 66-26, while Evangelicals believe it should be discouraged, 55-36.

The "bible thumpers" you are talking to are more numerous than you realize. And they do have a lot of power over the GOP, as they are more likely to identify as "conservative" (55%) and "Republican" (56%) than any other religious group save Mormons.

Source: Pew Religious Landscape Study, which is probably the same study Rock cited, and is the go-to study for understanding the state of religion in America.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

Yes, this is much closer to the definition that I have carried forever. But different than the definitions I read with Webster and similar sources.

I know a lot of Protestant believers but very few that meet what I always considered evangelical.

Trump is now just saying f$ck the Constitution. We are officially in a Constitutional crisis. Congrats rubes!

Reactions: Bill4411
Trump is now just saying f$ck the Constitution. We are officially in a Constitutional crisis. Congrats rubes!

Reactions: Bill4411
Yes, this is much closer to the definition that I have carried forever. But different than the definitions I read with Webster and similar sources.

I know a lot of Protestant believers but very few that meet what I always considered evangelical.

I'm glad we're so focused on the people you know rather than, you know, actual statistics.

Trey Gowdy to join Trump's legal team on impeachment inquiry: report

Former U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., (also known as Mr Benghazi to his closest dearest friends) is joining President Trump’s legal team as outside counsel for the House's expanding impeachment inquiry, according to a report.

An administration official who spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity confirmed Gowdy's hiring Tuesday.

Gowdy, who formerly chaired the House Oversight and Reform Committee, decided not seek to reelection last year and joined the law firm Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP after leaving office.

He has also been a Fox News contributor but the network would not immediately comment on Gowdy's status after the Associated Press report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT