ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois set to Offer Bennett $4.8M per

shooter1977

Junior
Nov 13, 2002
Per the UVA message board. I'm not sure he'd leave Virginia for Champaign, but if he does, Illinois would be an absolute nightmare to face.

Tom Crean is still head coach, tick tock...

Last edited:
Reactions: mazz
Per the UVA message board. I'm not sure he'd leave Virginia for Campaign, but if he does, Illinois would be an absolute nightmare to face.

Rabjohns stated today that Illinois was going to offer up to 4 Mil. Crazy man. They are going all in

Another Wisconsin team that plays the style that haunts Crean. Good thing he won't have to face them twice a year.

Per the UVA message board. I'm not sure he'd leave Virginia for Champaign, but if he does, Illinois would be an absolute nightmare to face.

Bennett is not going to that goat farm of a campus and it's dillusional fan base. It's a complete step down from UV in tradition and setting.

Anyone who has been on both campuses can confirm this. UI is a ugly, cornfield of a campus, and they will be lucky to get a second tier hire yet again.

Reactions: Cole World
Bennett is not going to that goat farm of a campus and it's dillusional fan base. It's a complete step down from UV in tradition and setting.

Anyone who has been on both campuses can confirm this. UI is a ugly, cornfield of a campus, and they will be lucky to get a second tier hire yet again.
Can we give them Crean?

Reactions: russelltodd

Lolololol, aight, bro.

If you're not having a fun time in Chambana, either you aren't fun or your friends suck! Great college town now a days. As for UVA having more tradition than Illinois, in what way?

Give Marshall 6 million

none of my business. Just hope you guys land a quality coach. Crean needs to go. All of college basketball benefits when the Indiana program is among the best and it should be. But the 6 million figure you cite can make for a reasonable comparison by looking next door at Urban Meyer's current compensation, which is roughly that amount, 6M. The question I would have is this: Is the top head coaching job at Indiana worth as much as the top head coaching job at Ohio State? If not, then how close? I would have to say somewhat close. 4.8 million would make Bennett the 3rd highest paid coach in men's college bb. At Illinois . . . Illinois. you would have to double my salary to get me to move from Charlottesville to Urbana and they are doing just that, plus some (if that report is valid). good luck. kk

Lolololol, aight, bro.

If you're not having a fun time in Chambana, either you aren't fun or your friends suck! Great college town now a days. As for UVA having more tradition than Illinois, in what way?

Your campus is a ugly mess. UV is one of the most beautiful I've ever set foot on. It was designed by Thomas Jefferson, if you know who that is.

Being an UI fan you might not. Here's the link, dumbass:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Virginia

Your campus is a ugly mess. UV is one of the most beautiful I've ever set foot on. It was designed by Thomas Jefferson, if you know who that is.

Being an UI fan you might not. Here's the link, dumbass:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Virginia

Yes, the horror, how does anyone tolerate it:

a9eeab063741d4e808102f7788dfbf5d.jpg

UNION.-530x309.jpg

images

Combine that campus with a vibrant Campustown district and a downtown Champaign that has exploded in growth over the last 5 years, and sorry: you're on crack.

Anyway, I thought you were talking about historic basketball success ... obviously a school from one of the 13 original colonies is going to have more overall tradition than one in the Midwest. What does that have to do with coaching basketball?

Lastly, I don't think there's any way he comes to UI ... but that's not some huge knock on UI, either.

Ha ha!

Reactions: IUPaterade724

Go get Chris Collins for $4 million per year, and call it done. He's a way better coach than Tony Bennett.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT