ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois jumps ahead of us in RIP (link)

Seyton

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
Naperville, IL
They got really banged up after a hot start and are now getting healthy. They might be the "out of nowhere" team come the Big Ten Tournament even though I'm sure all the coaches know better. We'll see, but if we got a pool together they'd be as good of a dark horse pick as anyone.

Warren Nolan RPI

Am I the only one around here who hates seeing Looouuueyville up there at the top every year? Little dump of a campus, but they sure seem to get players.

Reactions: Seyton
Am I the only one around here who hates seeing Looouuueyville up there at the top every year? Little dump of a campus, but they sure seem to get players.

I loathe seeing UL up there but they haven't been a 'Little dump of a campus' in a while. 20 years ago they were a commuter campus. Jurich turned them into a major university. Now they easily have some of the nicest athletic facilities in the country and their campus is growing daily. Really nice. That said, F them and their fans.

Reactions: mk23
I loathe seeing UL up there but they haven't been a 'Little dump of a campus' in a while. 20 years ago they were a commuter campus. Jurich turned them into a major university. Now they easily have some of the nicest athletic facilities in the country and their campus is growing daily. Really nice. That said, F them and their fans.
I guess I need to walk that damn campus to believe it. But as far as facilities, no question. Took the pizza and chicken money and built some nice venues.

I wish they'd use a font that doesn't make my eyes bleed, but that is some seriously good news. I was looking all over the chart for a #2 or #3 line that said Indiana before finally noticing that one stack said "Bloomington" at the top. I'd love that to happen, but we gotta keep winning. Series wins the last 4 weekends, a split with UK/UL and a couple wins in the B1G Tournament should do it, right?

Reactions: snowling
A walk from their football stadium to their soccer stadium will greet you with barbed wire and closed buildings. It's still a crappy campus. Their athletic facilities are good though.

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT