ADVERTISEMENT

If you're scoring at home, it's now about "one less dribble and one more pass"...

C-$

Hall of Famer
Nov 1, 2002
Carmel, Indiana
...as opposed to "one more dribble".

So Crean has either adjusted his philosophy or random words are just coming out of his mouth.

He's obviously made adjustments. TW seems to be getting less time. In fact he took him out the last 1:30 of the game against Minnesota. Our D is vastly improved and he's put the ball in his senior point guards hands.

Now, that doesn't make him RMK but I can see adjustments being made.

He's obviously made adjustments. TW seems to be getting less time. In fact he took him out the last 1:30 of the game against Minnesota. Our D is vastly improved and he's put the ball in his senior point guards hands.

Wow.....so he's learning basketball at a retarded level.

At this rate he may achieve RMK status by 2040.

And once teams adjust to these adjustments....what will he do then?

I wonder if that means he finally understands that his job is on the line. To make adjustments like this, now, speaks volumes about his lack of situational awareness.

An argument could be made that he's only made changes because of the JBJ injury. If not for that, he'd be doing the exact same things he always does with the same results. Similar circumstances occurred way back in 2012 when Verdell Jones was lost for the season, and surprise, they made the Sweet Sixteen that year.

It's pretty telling to say the least.

Last edited:
I just can't wait to see what we do against good teams. The next month should tell us a lot. Either he has made adjustments and can continue doing so, or what we have seen thus far is just smoke in mirrors. Our best win to date is against ND. We have yet to play anyone worth a rip in the B1G. OSU is average. I will concede that winning 3 on the road is nice, but also must take into account who we've beaten on the road.

Like I said before, the end of January and February is when it gets interesting and will show everyone if we are contenders or pretenders. If Crean's history holds true, we will crap the bed.

So Crean has either adjusted his philosophy or random words are just coming out of his mouth.

But only if you do that while your hair's on fire, right?

Speaking of TW ... many have surmised that he promised Troy and his momma that Troy would start.

I'll take it a step further as I've come to believe that he must've promised them that Troy would get the first play every game. Its the only explanation for what is the same opening sequence every single game. Here it comes ... they are clearing out for Troy.

Reactions: C-$
Speaking of TW ... many have surmised that he promised Troy and his momma that Troy would start.

I'll take it a step further as I've come to believe that he must've promised them that Troy would get the first play every game. Its the only explanation for what is the same opening sequence every single game. Here it comes ... they are clearing out for Troy.

Boom.....you just figured it out! Troy is the litmus test for in game adjustments.

Crean is an effin' genius.

i haven't been watching as much lately but has he stopped switching the defense in the middle of possessions yet?

that alone would be a huge adjustment/improvement

Can someone answer me this....

Have we or have we not continued to switch defenses in the middle of posessions?

I am for less dribble.

I have adjusted downward my less-love for Yogi

I like Troy Williams 87% of the time.

Under the circumstances, Bryant is fitting in very well - knows when not to shoot.

Still have grave doubts.

I'm guessing Izzo called him and said "look Tom, I'm calling as a friend. You better get your chit together or you're going to get fired. Here are five simple changes you need to make......." Crean actually listened. It's the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:

Are you talking about urinary tract problems here? (God I REALLY miss thread view at times just for the entertainment of thread-hijack based soley on the phrasing of subject lines... *sigh* *mew* *belch*)

I am for less dribble.

I have adjusted downward my less-love for Yogi

I like Troy Williams 87% of the time.

Under the circumstances, Bryant is fitting in very well - knows when not to shoot.

Still have grave doubts.

Inverse that percentage.

I liked him in the OSU game and for 2 trips down the court Saturday (but not enough that I would have changed my mind about putting him on the bench). Hustling up and down once, blocking 2 points and scoring 2 points, doesn't make up for the 10 shitty plays you'd had up to that point in the game. Or the 15 shitty moves you made after that point.

I've not liked him for the rest of the season.

So whatever that percentage is.

I'm guessing Izzo called him and said "look Tom, I'm calling as a friend. You better get your chit together or you're going to get fired. Here are five simple changes you need to make......." Crean actually listened. It's the only thing I can think of.
Perhaps that was before CTC asked him for a job in the event he was fired.?

I wonder if that means he finally understands that his job is on the line. To make adjustments like this, now, speaks volumes about his lack of situational awareness.

An argument could be made that he's only made changes because of the JBJ injury. If not for that, he'd be doing the exact same things he always does with the same results. Similar circumstances occurred way back in 2012 when Verdell Jones was lost for the season, and surprise, they made the Sweet Sixteen that year.

It's pretty telling to say the least.

^^THIS^^. Couldn't agree with you more. Crean has built his career off of dumb-luck. It's the primary reason he found himself at IU back in 2008 and it's remains the primary reason he's still on the sidelines to this very day. And even though dumb-luck only happens so often, Crean seems to have had helpings of it at just the right time throughout his career. I still say the bell finally tolls for him at the end of the season. The heat will be back on him soon enough though. That dumb-luck won't carry him when things matter most, and I finally think he's gonna "get-got" once all is said and done on the '15-'16 season. Of the 16 previous teams Crean's coached up to this point 15 of 'em have proven to no threat in March (or February for that matter). With the way the schedule is back-loaded this year, the annual late season swoon is poised to happen again. We have some talented players, no doubt, but I don't see any future HOFers amongst them to carry Crean to tourney success this time around.

56955858.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT