ADVERTISEMENT

If Inidana and OSU play again...

bauermj

Recruit
Aug 18, 2006
and Indiana wins, would they have to play another game to see who gets to play NW in the B1G championship game? I mean they would have the same record, right?

"In addition, if another Big Ten game for Saturday were to be canceled, the conference could move around games in an effort to get Ohio State to play.

If Purdue, which canceled practice Tuesday to evaluate its latest COVID-19 testing, had to cancel against Indiana, Big Ten could move around games or have Indiana and Ohio State play again.

If the conference were not to alter its rules and Ohio State were to not play Saturday, Indiana would be the East Division's representative in the conference championship game."

From ESPN

Reactions: vesuvius13
Not to be an @ss . But you think IU that already lost to OSU and is without IU's best player is going to beat OSU ?

Not to be an @ss . But you think IU that already lost to OSU and is without IU's best player is going to beat OSU ?

That is where you are wrong. We think Tuttle is equally as good as Penix. Our defense is what is great and OSU couldnt stop our blitz. You think OSU being down 3 starting O-Lineman and 2 defensive starters while also playing at Bloomington is going to end well for OSU? ha

Lots of hyperbole going on.

1. Tuttle is not as good as Penix This is just absurd. If Fields went down I wouldn't feel great and OSU has 2 highly recruited QB's.
2. Your defense did make create some turnover and blitzes did produce sacks, INT, IU still gave up 609 yards.
3. The only concern at the line would be the center QB exchange If the starters are not able to play. It not like the 2 deeps are a bunch of scrubs.
4. OSU will not play the single high safety

I love your coach and am glad that IU looks to be heading in the right direction but to think that IU beats OSU without Penix is a reach.

Congrats on covering the spread. I highly doubt that but if it helps you sleep at night. So be it.
And I'm sure Fields has gotten over his Heisman hopes being destroyed by IU.

OSU wouldn't have a bye week this time. Wouldn't have a few starters. Wouldn't be able to prepare for Tuttle. And would have everything to lose. IU has Jones back on the OL and Baldwin.

At home, IU would beat O$U. Which is why O$U wants NO part of it.

Lots of hyperbole going on.

1. Tuttle is not as good as Penix This is just absurd. If Fields went down I wouldn't feel great and OSU has 2 highly recruited QB's.
2. Your defense did make create some turnover and blitzes did produce sacks, INT, IU still gave up 609 yards.
3. The only concern at the line would be the center QB exchange If the starters are not able to play. It not like the 2 deeps are a bunch of scrubs.
4. OSU will not play the single high safety

I love your coach and am glad that IU looks to be heading in the right direction but to think that IU beats OSU without Penix is a reach.

1. Your opinion
2. Fact
3. Your Opinion
4. You know that for a fact? Never?

At this point, Indiana and OSU both may NEED to play each other this week to make the Final 4.

We have no shot if we don't play/beat OSU.

Beating us again would ensure they don't get bumped because of weak/short schedule...even if undefeated.

If these two teams want to play for the Natty, they schedule this game. Winner's getting into the Final 4 (barring a NW surprise).

Day is crying for rule change. He said rules were put in place at the start of the season but things have changed. What has changed? The rule was probably put in place to protect OSU but now that its biting them in the butt they dont want it now.

Reactions: vesuvius13
No way IU makes CFP this year. A&M will get it w one loss not IU. National bias. We’re a novelty at this point. Just my feeling, which is why I don’t see the upside some here do. Go Hoosiers!

IU w final 3 wins over Wisconsin, OSU, and NW...and B10 Champs...jumps over A&M who doesn't qualify for their championship game, and loses by 21 in their loss.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
IU w final 3 wins over Wisconsin, OSU, and NW...and B10 Champs...jumps over A&M who doesn't qualify for their championship game, and loses by 21 in their loss.

The networks love a feel-good story and Indiana provides that this year. Even if the chips fall right, I believe we will be held back as the fear will be Alabama beating us 42-7 or the like. The injury to Penix plays into this. We may have confidence in Tuttle (and our defence), but the powers-that-be do not. I believe those who decide these things want us to win out so they can put us in a NY6 bowl. The CFP sells itself. Indiana will help sell one of the others... and honestly who wouldn't enjoy a little payback in the Fiesta bowl for 1967?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT