ADVERTISEMENT

I woke up to winter

95% dudes. Certified sausage fest. However I suspect, like me, most are fine with this arrangement as we understand bringing the women only serves to ruin an otherwise good time in the woods. No offense to female disc golfers, of course. I’m sure they’ve got their own reason for being away from us.

I play (usually) regular Sunday random doubles. On any weekend there is a self employed millionaire, a prosecutor, deadheads, meth heads, 16y/o’s trying to be cool, old dudes, young dudes, and schlubs like me. An eclectic mix to be sure.

you-dont-need-to-be-ashamed-or-embarrassed-church-counselor.gif

insert non-PC Spicoli quote

• Haha
Reactions: hoosboot and larsIU
Mulch that shit into the yard with your mower and be done.
I can only get away with that for a couple of weeks and then it just gets to be too much with the oaks. The backyard's maple trees almost never need to be collected. They mulch into a fine powder.

It's like Rush's song "The Trees" is playing out for real in my yard.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I can only get away with that for a couple of weeks and then it just gets to be too much with the oaks. The backyard's maple trees almost never need to be collected. They mulch into a fine powder.

It's like Rush's song "The Trees" is playing out for real in my yard.

It can be done. Just keep mowing them every few days. Go over them multiple times.

You don't need to get them into a powder. As long as they were like quarter size pieces or less they will break down pretty quickly.... as long as half the grass blades are still visible it'll be fine. Advice from a golf course super.

I've been there too, have literally an entire forest next to my house. Started doing that maybe 5 or 6 years ago and haven't bagged a leaf since. Still a PITA to stay on top of, but a lot better than 50 plus bags of leaves.

And what about the dying Halloween tradition of trick or treating? That's his fault, too. Just "safe space" events for kids now, like "Trunk or Treat." Kids (and adults) are now afraid to ring doorbells if they don't know who lives there. I can't imagine why.
My grandsons have been doing several trunk or treats because of fine Christian churches. Then tomorrow they are going trick or treating with Grandma and Mommy. I am staying behind in case we have trick or treaters at the parsonage. With all this candy the boys can share with ole grandpa.

Spe
i'm doing my best to move this board away from politics and to more important and interesting topics
Speaking of more interesting topics, WHY no new Southern Charm this week? Got all settled on the couch ready to watch and NADA. Travesty, I tell you.

It can be done. Just keep mowing them every few days. Go over them multiple times.

You don't need to get them into a powder. As long as they were like quarter size pieces or less they will break down pretty quickly.... as long as half the grass blades are still visible it'll be fine. Advice from a golf course super.

I've been there too, have literally an entire forest next to my house. Started doing that maybe 5 or 6 years ago and haven't bagged a leaf since. Still a PITA to stay on top of, but a lot better than 50 plus bags of leaves.

Exactly This. You mow the leaves, and it has nothing to do with high the grass is. And it’s good for the grass. And your back.

Reactions: UncleMark

Once they get wet and stay wet, that doesn't work anymore. That's when they get blown and raked into a pile and ground up for compost. It's literally a couple of inches of compact, soggy leaves starting in November after each rain. After the first few weeks, they stop falling off the oak trees unless it rains. There will be dead leaves still falling off my big pin oak as a result of new leaves forming in late March.

They're a PITA compared to the maples and fruit trees, but they're so big they screen most of the neighborhood to the west and northwest. I'll never buy on a corner lot again. Everything is a front yard.

Reactions: Univee2 and larsIU
Once they get wet and stay wet, that doesn't work anymore. That's when they get blown and raked into a pile and ground up for compost. It's literally a couple of inches of compact, soggy leaves starting in November after each rain. After the first few weeks, they stop falling off the oak trees unless it rains. There will be dead leaves still falling off my big pin oak as a result of new leaves forming in late March.

They're a PITA compared to the maples and fruit trees, but they're so big they screen most of the neighborhood to the west and northwest. I'll never buy on a corner lot again. Everything is a front yard.
We have a 110-year-old oak tree in front, which tends to shade most of southeast Ohio. I can mow/mulch all the leaves from the other trees, or blow the leaves in back into the woods. But when the billions of oak leaves start falling I’d have to mow twice a day and even then the layers would be too deep. So, at some point, the leaves are blown/raked onto a tarp, with trips to the woods to dump them.

I knew the beast would be my nemesis when my bride saw it 35 years ago and said, “That’s the lot I want.”

We have a 110-year-old oak tree in front, which tends to shade most of southeast Ohio. I can mow/mulch all the leaves from the other trees, or blow the leaves in back into the woods. But when the billions of oak leaves start falling I’d have to mow twice a day and even then the layers would be too deep. So, at some point, the leaves are blown/raked onto a tarp, with trips to the woods to dump them.

I knew the beast would be my nemesis when my bride saw it 35 years ago and said, “That’s the lot I want.”
That's the same story that has played out for us since I reluctantly smiled and said "Sure honey. If this is the house you want, then I'm all for it" 13 years ago.

Reactions: DANC and Univee2
Spe

Speaking of more interesting topics, WHY no new Southern Charm this week? Got all settled on the couch ready to watch and NADA. Travesty, I tell you.
last thursday? they had a new episode. it was excellent. they had a dinner at that new guy's event space and all ragged on taylor for sending whitney naked pics. she pretended like she was blurred out but others called her out. sounds like her wheels came off for a bit and she was acting real wild

Spe

i know exactly what happened. shep and taylor broke up. she was a mess so immediately monkeybranched to austin. now they claim they just made out but they aren't in high school so they obviously slept together. while all that was taking shape she also texted naked pics to whitney. shep knows all that now and no matter how bad he is, hearing that, when you are a guy, a certain type of guy, is absolute hell. you'd rather saw a leg off. so that's where we stand going into this week

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and zeke4ahs
to make it even worse, there are more than a few dudes out there making 500k+ a year playing frisbee golf and a few making 1mil+.

the disc golf pro tour (DGPT, yes it exists) is expanding to Europe (primarily Scandanavia) where disc golf is even bigger than in the US. As always, I have missed the boat on yet another money making scheme.

But of course, please do not confuse the DGPT with the PDGA as they are two separate entities. Kind of like the PGA and the Royal and Ancient. THe PDGA being the governing body of the sport, the DGPT being the entertainment side. A relationship that works......for now.
Paul McBeth, Six Time world champion, is slated to make $1 million/year for ten years. He is the face of Discraft.
Simon Lizotte. Same contract for MVP discs.
Ricky Wysocki, Two Time world champion, is making $1 million/year for four years. He is on team Dynamic Discs.

Reactions: larsIU
95% dudes. Certified sausage fest. However I suspect, like me, most are fine with this arrangement as we understand bringing the women only serves to ruin an otherwise good time in the woods. No offense to female disc golfers, of course. I’m sure they’ve got their own reason for being away from us.

I play (usually) regular Sunday random doubles. On any weekend there is a self employed millionaire, a prosecutor, deadheads, meth heads, 16y/o’s trying to be cool, old dudes, young dudes, and schlubs like me. An eclectic mix to be sure.
Kristin Tattar, womens #1, is from Estonia. She cashed over $100k in tournament winnings in 2023. She also makes $125k/year salary for Latitude 64. She will get a new deal soon and should make closer to $250k/year salary.

i know exactly what happened. shep and taylor broke up. she was a mess so immediately monkeybranched to austin. now they claim they just made out but they aren't in high school so they obviously slept together. while all that was taking shape she also texted naked pics to whitney. shep knows all that now and no matter how bad he is, hearing that, when you are a guy, a certain type of guy, is absolute hell. you'd rather saw a leg off. so that's where we stand going into this week
No "guy" would write what you just did. You're without any doubt a woman.

Paul McBeth, Six Time world champion, is slated to make $1 million/year for ten years. He is the face of Discraft.
Simon Lizotte. Same contract for MVP discs.
Ricky Wysocki, Two Time world champion, is making $1 million/year for four years. He is on team Dynamic Discs.
Gannon Buhr is 17 and is going to get paid. Probably Innova. We'll see. Innova doesn't pay a ton up front but they move more plastic than anybody out there and he'll get a healthy enough chunk of that. Look for a min 5 year deal.

My grandsons have been doing several trunk or treats because of fine Christian churches. Then tomorrow they are going trick or treating with Grandma and Mommy. I am staying behind in case we have trick or treaters at the parsonage. With all this candy the boys can share with ole grandpa.
You may actually get some doorbell rings. Kids and parents probably view you as low risk for opening the door wielding an AK.

last thursday? they had a new episode. it was excellent. they had a dinner at that new guy's event space and all ragged on taylor for sending whitney naked pics. she pretended like she was blurred out but others called her out. sounds like her wheels came off for a bit and she was acting real wild
I saw that one two weeks ago I think. I’ll have to check again. I liked Taylor, but she’s acting crazy this season.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
F*ucking awful. @DANC I feel so weak. Why is fall so short?!!! It’s the best season of the year and it lasts weeks. So depressing. Miserable Monday.

Read that pickleball killed Matthew perry. Figures.
Here's your answer......

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66

I can normally mulch all of mine but the last couple days with all the rain they fell so fast that I couldn't mulch all of them. Even with a mulching kit on I've found that backing over them does a better job at mulching.

Gannon Buhr is 17 and is going to get paid. Probably Innova. We'll see. Innova doesn't pay a ton up front but they move more plastic than anybody out there and he'll get a healthy enough chunk of that. Look for a min 5 year deal.
Yea. I enjoy his throwing style. He forces everything over on anhyzer off the tee. With his putting also getting better he will be the face of the tour in the next few years.

My favorite player is Calvin Heimberg but that is easy to say after the season he had.

Yea. I enjoy his throwing style. He forces everything over on anhyzer off the tee. With his putting also getting better he will be the face of the tour in the next few years.

My favorite player is Calvin Heimberg but that is easy to say after the season he had.
Love Calvin. You play BC3? Never been but I live about five mins from Hazel Landing. Which is a fantastic wooded course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT