ADVERTISEMENT

I was not aware of Jon Gruden's tie to Bloomington and IU

He sure had some nice things to say...and openly wished he was a part of Allens and IUs future. Cant hurt! Vbg...

Great reference to Mike Harkrader. That would have been the '76 season, My first paying attention to IU football. I was 2-0 in-person (wins vs NU and PU) as an impressionable 5th grader. Team went 5-6, I think.

Here you go, 82, here's a link to buy Gruden's book. Go ahead, buy it and read it. It's a really good read and you'll learn even more about his ties to Bloomington and his feelings for IU and IU athletics.
Amazon product ASIN 0060579447

If we are putting together an all-IU team from the program's history, Mike Harkrader is on that team.

Reactions: DANC
Mike and Rob were really tough guys, especially with their vertical challenges.
I remember Corso saying he kept watching film and he noticed his offensive line kept opening up small holes, so he went out and got a small back to run through those small holes. ;)

I love that guy, love listening to him talk. And love hearing him talk so fondly of IU and Bloomington in general. And he certainly knows his football....if that doesn't get you excited about this coming season, idk what would.

Reactions: IUcolorado
I love that guy, love listening to him talk. And love hearing him talk so fondly of IU and Bloomington in general. And he certainly knows his football....if that doesn't get you excited about this coming season, idk what would.
It's clear, from watching the clip, that Gruden is genuinely enthused about the IU football program and being "part of the family" again. He spoke glowingly of DeBord, and noted that Allen has "gotten results everywhere he's been." I honestly believe we're looking at a rocket about to launch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT