ADVERTISEMENT

I know this for a fact when this team is down 2 and 40 seconds are left

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
play the damn foul game , that's 2x he has played d in that scenario and both times the game was over once he made that decision , this isn't the NBA where you can advance the ball to mid court, and this is a team that struggles like hell to get a shot off in 35 seconds what they going to do in 7

Reactions: IUNorth
play the damn foul game , that's 2x he has played d in that scenario and both times the game was over once he made that decision , this isn't the NBA where you can advance the ball to mid court, and this is a team that struggles like hell to get a shot off in 35 seconds what they going to do in 7

You don’t extend the game in a one possession game with 40 seconds left and <20 seconds left on the shot clock. This teams struggled scoring enough as is, why make them do it twice? Idiotic.

He did the same thing against Rutgers. Only counter I’d have to it is Archie knows he has no Fing clue how to generate offense in that situation, so increasing the number of possessions doesn’t help.

But I do agree.

yes there was, just replayed it 27 seconds, best case you force a miss time you secure the rebound and get a timeout you have 10 or less

Illinois secured an offensive rebound with 47 seconds left. It was a 2 point game and at the time Illinois hadn’t made a shot from the field in OT. If Illinois runs the shot clock out, IU has 17 seconds left. 17 seconds is an eternity. I can’t fathom a coach in America who would voluntarily extended a one possession game to a potential two possession game with 40 seconds left, especially a team who had scored 2 baskets in the last 10 minutes of game time. Just dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT