ADVERTISEMENT

I hope the fans that left early are barred from ever attending a game in any sport at IU ever again.

You were either liquored up or just dumb. I was home, warm, and happy watching the NLCS by mid 3rd quarter. 🤣
Couple of weeks ago it was “ the heat…my God, the heat “ Now its “cold and rain” I guess thats why Indiana is more of a basketball state

Reactions: 82hoosier
We always stay until the end. It was a choice of watching the train wreck continue or get a head start on our 2 hour drive home. I've gutted out more ass kicking games than you have. I don't have to prove anything to anyone by staying. We got the hell out and was home as the post game show was starting.

It was ugly, disappointing and we left that turd in our rear view mirror. We will be back for more heartbreak in two weeks.

The image conjured up by "we left that turd in our rear-view mirror" is pretty funny.

Reactions: mk23
To the OP, I’ve been to almost every home game for the last 55 years, rarely leave early and I’ve witnessed mostly bad football on the part of my Hoosiers. I go and tailgate with a great group of friends and thoroughly enjoy fall weekends at my alma mater on one of the great college campuses. All that said, our group of 8 left just before the half wet, cold and utterly defeated , we all commented, it was so bad that even a lot of OSU fans were leaving !
I’m often critical of our “fair weather “ fans, but this season is not on them.
re: "utterly defeated"........I think the worst image for me was our guys bouncing off Henderson like he was Bronko Nagurski as he was headed to the end zone.........

I've been to every game this season and the only games where Memorial Stadium has "emptied out" at halftime were OSU(obviously) and Idaho, the OSU game was 44-7 at half and the Idaho game was 35-0 at half, neither would be considered a close game by most people' definition of the word close. The only reason Cincy "looked empty" at the start of the third quarter was because there were some 15 to 20 thousand people waiting in line on the concourse. This was evident when the stadium was completely full again by the end of the third quarter. So your argument that fans are leaving during close games is completely inaccurate.
Circumstances have allowed me to attend only one game this year in person.....Idaho.

I was very surprised by the size and enthusiasm of the crowd at that game, especially the students. It was bittersweet, because it was clear from Iowa & that game that this team had been over-hyped. Despite that, the crowd showed up big for the Cincy game and helped the team grab that 14-0 lead.

So I agree that the fans deserve 0% blame for what has turned out to be a debacle of a season.

I think it will a while before this fan base approaches another season with this much enthusiasm.

Yea, that 20-15 “merciless crushing” by #9 MSU was terrible , exaggerate much. Yes, the OSU game was a crushing, PU will get their shot at OSU, we’ll see how they fare. My guess is not well, OSU is just significantly better than the rest of this league.
We got crushed 34-6 at Iowa. Purdue won there 24-7. What more do you need?

Don’t even get me started on the abuse we took from a very average Penn st team.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
They were top 5 in the country with a healthy Clifford, won at Wisconsin, beat Auburn, beat the MAC Champions by 31, and got up 14-3 in Iowa City.

Another example of how much losing your starting QB hurts your team.
They just lost to Illinois with Clifford. Wisconsin and Auburn are not good teams. They’re fringe top 25 in reality.

They just lost to Illinois with Clifford. Wisconsin and Auburn are not good teams. They’re fringe top 25 in reality.
Clifford was clearly not fully healthy and didn't look at all like himself against Illinois, that doesn't excuse the loss to Illinois but it's important to note that part of the reason for the PSU offense's struggles was because Clifford wasn't healthy and despite their defenses awful performance against Illinois's run game, they still probably would've won if Clifford were at 100%.

We got crushed 34-6 at Iowa. Purdue won there 24-7. What more do you need?

Don’t even get me started on the abuse we took from a very average Penn st team.
You said we are being “mercilessly crushed EVERY week” , simply false, what more do you need ? Purdue was ”crushed” at home by a Wisconsin team you say is not good , what more do you need ?

Clifford was clearly not fully healthy and didn't look at all like himself against Illinois, that doesn't excuse the loss to Illinois but it's important to note that part of the reason for the PSU offense's struggles was because Clifford wasn't healthy and despite their defenses awful performance against Illinois's run game, they still probably would've won if Clifford were at 100%.
You can dream up all the excuses you want but the bottom line is they’re just not very good.

Reactions: bang63
You said we are being “mercilessly crushed EVERY week” , simply false, what more do you need ? Purdue was ”crushed” at home by a Wisconsin team you say is not good , what more do you need ?
Wake up and take the blinders off.

You can dream up all the excuses you want but the bottom line is they’re just not very good.
I literally said that doesn't excuse their loss, it's just giving full context to the loss, you've got to at least try to seem objective.

I don't care that we were losing.
I don't care that it was raining.
I don't care about wanting to beat the rain.
I don't care about any other excuse.

The stadium was two thirds empty by the start of the third quarter.
Inexcusable fan behavior. Fan support simply has to be more resilient than that.
And yes, I was there until the end. Section 10, row 15, seat 112.
You and the Ohio State fans, probably. The IU players were probably glad 50,000 people didn't stay and watch that result. What counts is who was there at kickoff, and home attendance has been excellent this year, especially considering that we're 2-5. I think a lot of that was enthusiasm left over from last season. So we will see what happens next year.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Wake up and take the blinders off.
LOL, you mean like Billy Donovan is in town ? If you are going to come on here and make statements like we are being “mercilessly crushed EVERY week”, be prepared to back it up. Losing 20-15 to the #9 ranked team is far from a merciless crushing, in fact, we should have won, same with Cincy. For sure , this has not be what anyone expected, and there are issues to be addressed, but quit being your usual self and making things up.

LOL, you mean like Billy Donovan is in town ? If you are going to come on here and make statements like we are being “mercilessly crushed EVERY week”, be prepared to back it up. Losing 20-15 to the #9 ranked team is far from a merciless crushing, in fact, we should have won, same with Cincy. For sure , this has not be what anyone expected, and there are issues to be addressed, but quit being your usual self and making things up.
Ok fine. Iowa, Penn St, and OSU took us behind a woodshed and beat us unrecognizable. Some would consider it an assault. And only one of those teams are very good. Then almost lost to WKU who is not very good.

I will concede that if you’re into moral victories and participation ribbons we kept it close against MSU and Cincinnati. Is that a softer way of putting it?

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
Ok fine. Iowa, Penn St, and OSU took us behind a woodshed and beat us unrecognizable. Some would consider it an assault. And only one of those teams are very good. Then almost lost to WKU who is not very good.

I will concede that if you’re into moral victories and participation ribbons we kept it close against MSU and Cincinnati. Is that a softer way of putting it?drama queen, if everything is so awful, why are you here ? Seriously, one would think you would find a better way to use your time.
Assault ? Lol, drama queen, not sure why you spend so much time here telling everyone how awful things are, seriously, one would think you would find better things to do with your time.

Reactions: 76-1
Firstly, I apologized for it. And secondly, I guarantee you've said regrettable things before.
An apology means one is remourseful for their actions(Which clearly you aren't. You seem to be sorry for other's reactions)& it doesn't forgive or mitigate the action for which one apologizes. Translation: just because you say "sorry" doesn't magically put the issue to bed, & if you truly were sorry you wouldn't be getting defensive & throwing s#!+ back at others like, "I'm sure you've said things you regret". They'll get theirs when & if they say dumb @$%^. Anyway, I'm no saint, I say dumb sh@$, but the way you reacted to their reactions is just...I couldn't refrain, I'm sorry(no pun intended).

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT