ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Schwarber is a Cub for a long time.

You are a complete idiot.

He's the best hitter on the team.
As good as Schwarber has been and as mature as he is it is way too premature to say he's as good as Rizzo. It will be fun to look at it in a year or two though. Same with Bryant, Russell and Soler.

If they were smart, they'd trade him for solid pitching. Strike while the iron is hot. He will come down to earth some but it's great to see an IU guy rake.

He's done it every where he's been. Yeah, he'll come down to earth at some point I agree. That'll bring him down to a .300/30/100 guy...smart to trade a guy like that, that has the versatility to play catcher, outfield, even first base if Rizzo were to get hurt. I'd guess he's a tick behind Bryant right now as the most prized asset in the entire Cubs system. He ain't going anywhere...better not be anyway.

Reactions: C-$
As good as Schwarber has been and as mature as he is it is way too premature to say he's as good as Rizzo. It will be fun to look at it in a year or two though. Same with Bryant, Russell and Soler.

No, dude, he's the best pure hitter on the team already. I'm not talking about anything else. But just use your eyes... It's clear.

I'd go:

1. Kyle
2. Rizzo
3. Bryant

Bryant will get better and better... But Kyle just rips everything...... His hits just look different.

He's done it every where he's been. Yeah, he'll come down to earth at some point I agree. That'll bring him down to a .300/30/100 guy...smart to trade a guy like that, that has the versatility to play catcher, outfield, even first base if Rizzo were to get hurt. I'd guess he's a tick behind Bryant right now as the most prized asset in the entire Cubs system. He ain't going anywhere...better not be anyway.
Oh they won't trade him, but they are a couple solid, TOR (top of rotation) arms away from a serious World Series contender. They don't have any pitchers in their system that are considered that, and eventually, Theo is gonna have to pull the trigger and trade a guy to get them. Making trades for players like Haren isn't going to cut it, and just about every team is stockpiling pitching these days except the Cubs and a couple other clubs. So Theo has what most teams are craving. I just don't think a mega offense with average arms gets you a title. It probably does get you into the postseason, but no real threat to win the big one. I really expect by this time next season, Theo will have pulled the trigger to get those arms. Now who will he trade? I don't know, but he could get the missing pieces for Schwarber straight up.

Oh they won't trade him, but they are a couple solid, TOR (top of rotation) arms away from a serious World Series contender. They don't have any pitchers in their system that are considered that, and eventually, Theo is gonna have to pull the trigger and trade a guy to get them. Making trades for players like Haren isn't going to cut it, and just about every team is stockpiling pitching these days except the Cubs and a couple other clubs. So Theo has what most teams are craving. I just don't think a mega offense with average arms gets you a title. It probably does get you into the postseason, but no real threat to win the big one. I really expect by this time next season, Theo will have pulled the trigger to get those arms. Now who will he trade? I don't know, but he could get the missing pieces for Schwarber straight up.

WTF are you, high?

Cubs have two aces in Arrieta and Lester.

They will sign another 1-3 guy in the offseason.

And then they have Hammel, who is a very solid 3/4-ish type.

And they have a bunch of young guys in their system. One of them at the very least should end up pretty good.

My understanding of the Cubs plan in drafting was to draft hitters, because baseball has transitioned to a game dominated by pitching. Nearly ever pitcher these days can bring it at 95 mph, and hit the lower third of the plate, so hitters that can square that up are desired.

Theo will sign Price in the offseason, and then the Cubs will be in a solid position to contend.

I said next year.

Reactions: C-$
Now who will he trade? I don't know, but he could get the missing pieces for Schwarber straight up.

Here are three reasons Schwarber is still on the team:

price.jpg
zimmer.jpg
cueto.jpg

Here are three other reasons Schwarber is still on the team:

arrieta.jpg
lester.jpg
hammel.jpg

Here is another reason Schwarber is still on the team:

kyle-schwarber-hulk.jpg

Players Theo would trade before Schwarber:

Starlin Castro
Javier Baez
Dan Vogelbach
Arismendy Alcántara
Carl Edwards Jr.
Albert Almora
Billy McKinney

Here's my guess (if you don't care at all about the Cubs, click out right now, this will bore the hell out of you)...

-They'll land both Price and Zobrist through free agency this winter.
-They'll use 1 or 2 of the following for a trade or trades this winter for young pitching talent, or bullpen depth, or another proven starter, or back end bullpen stud, etc...
-Castro, Coghlan, Alcantra, Vogelbach,
Almora, Torres, Edwards, etc...
-Shwarber ends up a left fielder, Miggy and Ross continue to anchor catching duties.
-Baez becomes the starting 2nd baseman, with Russell sliding back over to short.

Fowler
Bryant
Shwarber
Rizzo
Soler
Baez
Montero
Pitcher
Russell.............Fricking nasty!!!!!

Price
Arrieta
Lester
Hammel
Hendricks or someone via trade........Fricking nasty!!!!

Zobrist playing a lot in various positions
Denorfia as well
A couple more from who remains from Alcantra, Coghlan, Herrerra, Baxter, etc...

An improved bullpen hopefully with dominant closer...

"Next year" is when it finally becomes a believable "this year" for the Cubs.

Here's my guess (if you don't care at all about the Cubs, click out right now, this will bore the hell out of you)...

-They'll land both Price and Zobrist through free agency this winter.
-They'll use 1 or 2 of the following for a trade or trades this winter for young pitching talent, or bullpen depth, or another proven starter, or back end bullpen stud, etc...
-Castro, Coghlan, Alcantra, Vogelbach,
Almora, Torres, Edwards, etc...
-Shwarber ends up a left fielder, Miggy and Ross continue to anchor catching duties.
-Baez becomes the starting 2nd baseman, with Russell sliding back over to short.

Fowler
Bryant
Shwarber
Rizzo
Soler
Baez
Montero
Pitcher
Russell.............Fricking nasty!!!!!

Price
Arrieta
Lester
Hammel
Hendricks or someone via trade........Fricking nasty!!!!

Zobrist playing a lot in various positions
Denorfia as well
A couple more from who remains from Alcantra, Coghlan, Herrerra, Baxter, etc...

An improved bullpen hopefully with dominant closer...

"Next year" is when it finally becomes a believable "this year" for the Cubs.

Can you tell me who "Shwarber" is?

Exactly, Rizzo, Bryant, and Schwarber are on the "do not touch list"
If anything KS bumped Russel and Soler down further to the trade bait line
Schwarber is on the "do not touch list" so long as they are committed to him behind the plate. His value is multiplied by being a catcher. If they end up dumping him into the outfield, he becomes very movable, especially if there is some other team willing to commit to him as a catcher, and thus overpay for him.

Schwarber is on the "do not touch list" so long as they are committed to him behind the plate. His value is multiplied by being a catcher. If they end up dumping him into the outfield, he becomes very movable, especially if there is some other team willing to commit to him as a catcher, and thus overpay for him.
I feel pretty comfortable next year starting day KS will be starting catcher... we'll see who is pitching. Lester or Arrieta

No, dude, he's the best pure hitter on the team already. I'm not talking about anything else. But just use your eyes... It's clear.

I'd go:

1. Kyle
2. Rizzo
3. Bryant

Bryant will get better and better... But Kyle just rips everything...... His hits just look different.
Pitchers will adjust to Schwarber though, and he'll have to make adjustments to them. Remember a couple months ago when nobody could get Bryant out? He's the one making adjustments now. The same thing happens to even the very best, and Schwarber will go through it too, but probably not as pronounced as Bryant.

I love Schwarber. He can mash, is patient, and hasn't shown any real weaknesses at the plate but the sample size is very small. Rizzo has made the adjustments already and is one of the best hitters in the league. Schwarber isn't on that level yet.

DUMB. He's the best hitter on the team.

Pitchers will adjust to Schwarber though, and he'll have to make adjustments to them. Remember a couple months ago when nobody could get Bryant out? He's the one making adjustments now. The same thing happens to even the very best, and Schwarber will go through it too, but probably not as pronounced as Bryant.

I love Schwarber. He can mash, is patient, and hasn't shown any real weaknesses at the plate but the sample size is very small. Rizzo has made the adjustments already and is one of the best hitters in the league. Schwarber isn't on that level yet.

Schwarber out-hit all those guys at every level, and will continue to do so.

This debate is over. I win.

Right now he is, hard to compare someone who played in almost all the games this season and someone who has played in 20 games

Actually, Kyle is better across the board when looking at the % numbers, as well as power numbers per games played.

Not to mention, he's just a better hitter, which anyone can see with their eyes unless they are mentally retarded or blind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT