ADVERTISEMENT

I can see why MSU is not ranked

Status
Not open for further replies.
you’re comparing ND football to IU basketball. 😂
I used his same rhetoric dipshit.

I get it, you’ve never seen Purdue nationally relevant in your lifetime and they’re no closer to be anymore relevant than they were 50 years ago. I know this bothers you along with the rest of your band of losers who infest this site. It is why you’re always here after all.

I used his same rhetoric dipshit.

I get it, you’ve never seen Purdue nationally relevant in your lifetime and they’re no closer to be anymore relevant than they were 50 years. I know this bothers you along with the rest of your band of losers who infest this site. It is why you’re always here after all.
Stop. You’re killing me. 😂

• Love
Reactions: Poprudy
Who cares what “gear” people wear out on the east coast where you live? Even the most novice of college basketball fans know that Indiana used to be a powerhouse in basketball. Spent several time on both coasts in the 70’s and 80’s during IU’s heyday and never saw people casually walking around in IU gear. What a stupid thing to say to form an argument.

Notre Dame hasn’t won a national football title in 33 years. You’re going to tell me the average 14-18 old college football fan doesn’t know that Notre Dame used to be the best college football program in the country? Because their parents were only in preschool the last time they won? Another stupid argument made by a stupid person.
For a coach, you know little. The history of Notre Dame football going back to the 1920s involved them playing an East Coast game as well as a West Coast game almost every year. In 2022, they played 2 EC and 1 WC game.

This was historically done to promote the "Subway Alumni" connection to the university. Subway Alums were people who never attended or likely visited the Notre Dame campus. Rather they took the IRT subway to the 161st Street station to watch ND play in Yankee Stadium, usually against Army. They were primarily immigrant or 1st generation Americans who were of Catholic descent and rooted for ND based upon its status as a prominent Catholic university that was athletically successful. ND wanted to and still does wish to maintain that connection. Historically, East Coast metro areas had large Catholic populations and Catholic schools that strongly identified with ND. The West Coast trips go back to Knute Rockne and they have played USC since then almost annually.

As one of only 2 Catholic universities playing major college football, and by far the most successful, ND has had the advantage of strong solidarity and allegiance to it by nature of its religious affiliation even though there have been droughts in the W/L record.

If you ask how I know this it is simple: the nuns that taught in my grammar school in NYC made us say a prayer every Friday that ND would win on Saturday in the fall of the year.

Reactions: Poprudy
For a coach, you know little. The history of Notre Dame football going back to the 1920s involved them playing an East Coast game as well as a West Coast game almost every year. In 2022, they played 2 EC and 1 WC game.

This was historically done to promote the "Subway Alumni" connection to the university. Subway Alums were people who never attended or likely visited the Notre Dame campus. Rather they took the IRT subway to the 161st Street station to watch ND play in Yankee Stadium, usually against Army. They were primarily immigrant or 1st generation Americans who were of Catholic descent and rooted for ND based upon its status as a prominent Catholic university that was athletically successful. ND wanted to and still does wish to maintain that connection. Historically, East Coast metro areas had large Catholic populations and Catholic schools that strongly identified with ND. The West Coast trips go back to Knute Rockne and they have played USC since then almost annually.

As one of only 2 Catholic universities playing major college football, and by far the most successful, ND has had the advantage of strong solidarity and allegiance to it by nature of its religious affiliation even though there have been droughts in the W/L record.

If you ask how I know this it is simple: the nuns that taught in my grammar school in NYC made us say a prayer every Friday that ND would win on Saturday in the fall of the year.
What the hell does any of that have to do with the fact that Notre Dame hasn’t won a national title since 1989? You said IU is irrelevant because they haven’t won a national title since 1987. How does this rule apply to one but not the other?

Again, you’re talking out of both sides of your ass.

It’s absolutely true. Not a single person agreed with you. A guy was even begging you to stop because you were flirting with being racist. You were even informed that Edey’s mom has South Korean heritage.
If it is absolutely true that nobody approved of it, then please explain why it has 5 "thumbs-up" notifications on the post. How can that be? Are you claiming that they are not there? Because they are. They were placed there independently by others. All you have to do is look. Here's a hint: I did and counted them.

After you go look, you can retract your statement as false. However, as a coward, I suspect that you won't.

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
If it is absolutely true that nobody approved of it, then please explain why it has 5 "thumbs-up" notifications on the post. How can that be? Are you claiming that they are not there? Because they are. They were placed there independently by others. All you have to do is look. Here's a hint: I did and counted them.
Perhaps Rivals should adopt a “thumbs-down” feature?

What the hell does any of that have to do with the fact that Notre Dame hasn’t won a national title since 1989? You said IU is irrelevant because they haven’t won a national title since 1987. How does this rule apply to one but not the other?

Again, you’re talking out of both sides of your ass.
Not the case, the comparison of ND football and IU basketball is not a valid one based solely upon W/L records. The ND affiliation extends beyond W/L records because of religious affiliation that IU does not have with its primary fan base

Seems like God has more to worry about than who wins a football game. Did he decide to screw the other team then?

Reactions: Spartans9312
Not the case, the comparison of ND football and IU basketball is not a valid one based solely upon W/L records. The ND affiliation extends beyond W/L records because of religious affiliation that IU does not have with its primary fan base
Every 14-18 year old football recruit knows Notre Dame used to be a powerhouse football program, just like every 14-18 basketball recruit knows IU used to be a powerhouse basketball program. Period. End of discussion.

After you go look, you can retract your statement as false. However, as a coward, I suspect that you won't.
5 likes? What about the countless posts making fun of you with 30+ likes? You are a fool.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT