ADVERTISEMENT

I believe this is deliberate. See what you think...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
As I delved further into this, I actually felt my skin crawling. I found this particularly insidious, but some may disagree. Judge for yourself...

Ever wonder how otherwise normal folks (that may be a stretch) get involved in the whole conspiracy theory rabbit hole? Why it's so easy for grifters like D'Souza and his ilk to spin yarns about "mules", and convince people that the Dems cheat? Incidentally it's always perplexed me how CONVICTED felons like D'Souza, Bannon, Flynn are able to get people to not only believe hem when they spread lies, but also PAY them when at some point it must be pretty obvious to nearly everyone (but the seriously deluded) that they are purely in it for the GRIFT. I mean D'Souza had no choice but to plead guilty to his bribery charges- he was caught red handed... But I digress...

So let's look at a series of videos and social media posts, which I dug up after reading a fact check that piqued my interest. I'll link the story below, but first here is the Fox News segment that sparked the entire episode...Not assigning any blame to Fox and they are likely not involved. But it does offer a frightening revealing glimpse into how conspiracy theories proliferate...

Now pay attention because elements of this video are going to show up (altered) elsewhere...

So this is what was posted on the Instagram page of a company out of Tampa Bay, with over 13,000 followers on Instagram. The company Molon Labe Industries appears to be involved with guns and armament. So it stands to reason they likely tend to be pro-GOP.

So this is what their account posted on their Instagram page on Nov 10. Watch and see if you can spot any troubling issues... You've got to click on "see video"...

Anybody see the problem? Look at their comments in the chat accompanying the video, is that what you see in the original Fox clip? Ask yourself why someone who is "cheating" would only be marking a single box on multiple ballots? That's just for starters...

If you still don't get the whole problem here is the original article. Now go back and watch and compare the two videos. Does the action by Molon strike you as deliberate? For a variety of reasons, no question in my mind...

As I delved further into this, I actually felt my skin crawling. I found this particularly insidious, but some may disagree. Judge for yourself...

Ever wonder how otherwise normal folks (that may be a stretch) get involved in the whole conspiracy theory rabbit hole? Why it's so easy for grifters like D'Souza and his ilk to spin yarns about "mules", and convince people that the Dems cheat? Incidentally it's always perplexed me how CONVICTED felons like D'Souza, Bannon, Flynn are able to get people to not only believe hem when they spread lies, but also PAY them when at some point it must be pretty obvious to nearly everyone (but the seriously deluded) that they are purely in it for the GRIFT. I mean D'Souza had no choice but to plead guilty to his bribery charges- he was caught red handed... But I digress...

So let's look at a series of videos and social media posts, which I dug up after reading a fact check that piqued my interest. I'll link the story below, but first here is the Fox News segment that sparked the entire episode...Not assigning any blame to Fox and they are likely not involved. But it does offer a frightening revealing glimpse into how conspiracy theories proliferate...

Now pay attention because elements of this video are going to show up (altered) elsewhere...

So this is what was posted on the Instagram page of a company out of Tampa Bay, with over 13,000 followers on Instagram. The company Molon Labe Industries appears to be involved with guns and armament. So it stands to reason they likely tend to be pro-GOP.

So this is what their account posted on their Instagram page on Nov 10. Watch and see if you can spot any troubling issues... You've got to click on "see video"...

Anybody see the problem? Look at their comments in the chat accompanying the video, is that what you see in the original Fox clip? Ask yourself why someone who is "cheating" would only be marking a single box on multiple ballots? That's just for starters...

If you still don't get the whole problem here is the original article. Now go back and watch and compare the two videos. Does the action by Molon strike you as deliberate? For a variety of reasons, no question in my mind...

Why is your calling card the idiotic laughing emoji? Do you enjoy being lied to? You probably loved Trump's speech last night as facts don't seem to matter to you.

IT's like saying

GO GO Gadget and watch him go. fingers flailing around, search engines going, wi'fi antenna popping up out of his head, MAGA balloons flying in the air. .

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Why is your calling card the idiotic laughing emoji? Do you enjoy being lied to? You probably loved Trump's speech last night as facts don't seem to matter to you.

I assume you're addressing Cray (not Cosmic, who you quoted). Cray attaches that HaHa emoji to every single fvcking post from anyone he believes to be a "lib". It's great for our reaction scores, but leaves guys like @mcmurtry66 out in the cold.

I use that emoji when I think something is funny whereas others use it to be an insult.

However if you have a problem with cray using it all the time then there's a few others you need to call out.

I use that emoji when I think something is funny whereas others use it to be an insult.

However if you have a problem with cray using it all the time then there's a few others you need to call out.
I use it when I agree with a post, and what the post says is funny. I usually reserve it for posts that make me laugh out loud, because of how witty and on point they are...

When someone uses it because they can't really dispute the facts and just want to deflect, I just see someone who is unable to defend their own point. It's no wonder we have a generation of Q tips who swallow Trump's notion that facts don't matter. Obviously the company in question, which makes huge bucks off of selling firearms and doesn't give a damn how many people are killed while they do so, purposely tried to convince weak minds that the election was being stolen.

I mean the Fox chevron clearly pins the location of the video as Wisconsin, when the facebook post claims it's PA. How stupid do you have to be not to see when you're being lied to? And seriously why would you allow the company involved to show so much contempt for your intelligence that they brazenly just lie to you? Are Big Lie Believers proud of being stupid, and allowing fraudsters to weaponize that stupidity against themselves?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I use it when I agree with a post, and what the post says is funny. I usually reserve it for posts that make me laugh out loud, because of how witty and on point they are...

When someone uses it because they can't really dispute the facts and just want to deflect, I just see someone who is unable to defend their own point. It's no wonder we have a generation of Q tips who swallow Trump's notion that facts don't matter. Obviously the company in question, which makes huge bucks off of selling firearms and doesn't give a damn how many people are killed while they do so, purposely tried to convince weak minds that the election was being stolen.

I mean the Fox chevron clearly pins the location of the video as Wisconsin, when the facebook post claims it's PA. How stupid do you have to be not to see when you're being lied to? And seriously why would you allow the company involved to show so much contempt for your intelligence that they brazenly just lie to you? Are Big Lie Believers proud of being stupid, and allowing fraudsters to weaponize that stupidity against themselves?
Come on Cosmo….three f#cking paragraphs to explain how you use the laughing emoji?!? @UncleMark @stollcpa can we put Cosmo on a word count? Similar to a pitch count for pitchers when they come off the DL?

I use it when:
1. something is so stupid, nonsensical, idiotic, or bizarre, that words will not do it justice
2. something is obviously not meant to be taken seriously.
3. something is very funny and witty

Am I doing it wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
IT's like saying

GO GO Gadget and watch him go. fingers flailing around, search engines going, wi'fi antenna popping up out of his head, MAGA balloons flying in the air. .
Looking back… this was a pretty freaking awesome post. Just sayin.

I use it when:
1. something is so stupid, nonsensical, idiotic, or bizarre, that words will not do it justice
2. something is obviously not meant to be taken seriously.
3. something is very funny and witty

Am I doing it wrong?
Nope you aren't wrong....😛

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

I use it when people say something funny or say something stupid.

If it is due to thinking someone said something stupid then my thought process is responding is a waste of time as they aren't posting in good faith or they are so far out there that nothing good would come of a back and forth.

When someone says something like "dems are responsible for jan 6" then what else is there to do but laugh at them. They won't be changing their mind.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Come on Cosmo….three f#cking paragraphs to explain how you use the laughing emoji?!? @UncleMark @stollcpa can we put Cosmo on a word count? Similar to a pitch count for pitchers when they come off the DL?
This was my thread, and the subject of the thread was right wing businesses (with a huge profit motive)manipulating their stupid base, not "emojis". So my intention was to get the thread back on track.

So I dealt with the peripheral OFF TOPIC emoji issue, and then basically (in a nice way) started to address the stupidity of proponents of the BIG LIE, both on the board and in general...

I don't generally consider you an example of the target audience for posts addressing stupidity. But I can't quite say that for some of the folks who "liked" your post...

You have to understand that he had to work Trump into his post some way.
Excuse me, the whole basis for this thread was discussing the nonsense of election denialism, which is what my "offending post" discussed. I know this to be true, because I STARTED the thread, and that was the issue I CHOSE to discuss. Laughing emojis is nowhere in my OP, so I didn't have to "work" anything in to my post. My post is what the thread is ABOUT!!

You're welcome to PARTICIPATE, but it's not mandatory. But the idea of criticizing the OP for posting an ON TOPIC POST, is (forgive me) Mas level nonsense...

• Haha
Reactions: NPT and IU_Hickory
This was my thread, and the subject of the thread was right wing businesses (with a huge profit motive)manipulating their stupid base, not "emojis". So my intention was to get the thread back on track.

So I dealt with the peripheral OFF TOPIC emoji issue, and then basically (in a nice way) started to address the stupidity of proponents of the BIG LIE, both on the board and in general...

I don't generally consider you an example of the target audience for posts addressing stupidity. But I can't quite say that for some of the folks who "liked" your post...
I come in peace 🏳️ It's difficult to convey tone on the internet. You can be long winded sometimes and I couldn't resist slipping in a joke. No ill will was intended. I was hoping you would find it amusing.

I come in peace 🏳️ It's difficult to convey tone on the internet. You can be long winded sometimes and I couldn't resist slipping in a joke. No ill will was intended. I was hoping you would find it amusing.
Well I see that no malice was intended, and I can get pretty hot myself. I really do think this is a pretty serious example of malfeasance on the part of this business, which has a vested interest in manipulating a wider audience than just their own prospective customer base. So I tried to get the thread back on topic and engineer some relevant discussion. One of the things I hate most about Trump is his promotion of the widespread dismissal of facts...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT