ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Helene - she's going to be one expensive bitch

On a serious note, I am seriously considering getting a whole house generator. I’m most concerned about the long outage. We’ve been fortunate so far, but if you lose power for a week or more, shit gets tough.
I think they are worth it if you are in an area with a lot of trees, prone to ice storms, etc. Also if you plan to travel in retirement they provide peace of mind.

Reactions: Cortez88
On a serious note, I am seriously considering getting a whole house generator. I’m most concerned about the long outage. We’ve been fortunate so far, but if you lose power for a week or more, shit gets tough.
Doctor across the street from us was the first to get one in the neighborhood...to protect his wine collection. 😄

With all the money supposedly earmarked for rural internet access in the infrastrure bill, this should have already been up and running.
They're focused on charging stations right now. Rural Internet is next.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
With all the money supposedly earmarked for rural internet access in the infrastrure bill, this should have already been up and running.
They're focused on charging stations right now. Rural Internet is next.
Musk has the ability to provide rural internet now. The Trump administration gave it the approval and subsidy. The Biden administration canned it because Musk! And Trump! Then they cited phony baloney to justify this mistake. Meanwhile, no rural internet at all.

FWIW, I have experience with Starlink in rural Colorado and rural Montana. It works great. Fast and reliable.

The Democrats turn everything into a political agenda item. Holding the proper political views is very important in their world.

Musk has the ability to provide rural internet now. The Trump administration gave it the approval and subsidy. The Biden administration canned it because Musk! And Trump! Then they cited phony baloney to justify this mistake. Meanwhile, no rural internet at all.

FWIW, I have experience with Starlink in rural Colorado and rural Montana. It works great. Fast and reliable.

The Democrats turn everything into a political agenda item. Holding the proper political views is very important in their world.

It's too bad we don't have news sources who can point out these things.

It's incredible that a bill as large as the 'infrastructure bill' receives no follow up investigation, except by individual bloggers and the occasional columnist.

If helicopters are being grounded because of a lack of orders then we should have a public hanging.

If what he is saying is true….this is bad
That's what it sounds like. Waiting for orders. Unbelievable. If this was a black community and it was Trump in the WH he'd be impeached already.

Help me out here, and explain to me what helps you define the situation in which you are okay with the federal government giving a private business a billion dollar subsidy to promote new technology. Because some things you've said in the past would make me think you would be universally opposed to such a thing. So I'd like to know why this is different.

Last edited:
Help me out here, and explain to me what helps you define the situation in which you are okay with the federal government giving a private business a billion dollar subsidy to promote new technology. Because some things you've said in the past would make me thing you would be universally opposed to such a thing. So I'd like to know why this is different.
To quote him, "because Musk! And Trump! "

Help me out here, and explain to me what helps you define the situation in which you are okay with the federal government giving a private business a billion dollar subsidy to promote new technology. Because some things you've said in the past would make me think you would be universally opposed to such a thing. So I'd like to know why this is different.
The money has been approved by Congress and appropriated, Now we are talkings bout spending it. I probably would have voted against the bill for many reasons. I probably would support this kind of subsidy for rural public facilities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT