ADVERTISEMENT

How many trick plays will Purdue run...

Mucho... I would be looking at video dating back 4-5 years with Brohm coached teams to be prepared for trick plays. I think they will run at least 5 of them,
I wish we had a bye week to prepare. Planning for trick plays will take time away from prepping for their bread and butter plays which are effective on their own.

Reactions: vesuvius13
In the latest WI/PU highlight video, Purdue ran several just in that piece. I would be looking for at least a handful of trick plays.

My wish is for our offense to simply play ball control. They need to run the football effectively and chew up the darn clock. Wisconsin had a field day running the ball on Purdue. They ran for 400 yards of offense!!! If Indiana could get 200 yards on the ground, it would spell DOOM for Purdue.

The key is clock control and running with success. Wisconsin had 3 fumbles while running the football on drives. All recovered by Purdue. I think 2 of them were the RB running into the back of his own lineman.

Purdue’s entire offense is pass-dedicated. That is successful if the QB has a bunch of time in the pocket.
The way to absolutely disrupt that is with pressure.

The key is clock control and running with success. Wisconsin had 3 fumbles while running the football on drives. All recovered by Purdue. I think 2 of them were the RB running into the back of his own lineman.

Purdue’s entire offense is pass-dedicated. That is successful if the QB has a bunch of time in the pocket.
Think we can get a consistent pass rush?

Reactions: vesuvius13

Bell is the real deal and IU wont be able to cover him man to man.

Think we can get a consistent pass rush?

We should get better pressure than the Michigan game. I think we will absolutely focus on making their QB backpedal. You give a guy the time that Shea Patterson had and it’s not a good setup for IU’s pass defense. I think we blitz a lot and try to force them into a short passing game. Purdue will do a lot of misdirection with guys running in motion, fake reverses, etc. trying to get guys out on the edge and try to make plays in space.

Outside the box plays are coming for sure. I think the key is 1) everybody knowing their individual responsibility 100 percent of the time, 2) being disciplined with our eyes and 3) don't give up the big play. It's better to give up 14 yards than 47 so err toward keeping the play in front of you.

Our starting secondary is:

CB - Mullen
CB - Taylor
S - Bryant
S - Burgess
H - Ball

Reese has taken over for Jaylin Williams and Khalil supplanted Fitz a few weeks back. I'm sure Jaylin and Fitzgerald will see action though so they need to be ready.

I think the group above gives us our best chance to slow the Boilers down. They are going to get their yards. If we can keep them under 30 I feel pretty good about our chances.Their offensive line isn't very good. Their running game is awful and we should be able to get a decent pass rush. Our defense isn't spectacular but it's better than theirs.

Yes Purdue's offense is good but so is ours. Our OC is a Broyles Award Semifinalist. We are more balanced than Purdue because we have a run game (if we choose to). Even if Scott doesn't play we should still be able to run the ball because Purdue has struggled to stop the run all year.

That said I really doubt Bedford is going to play so I am worried about our ability to deal with George Karlaftis, I think he is going to be disruptive in all honesty.

I feel like it may be close going into half time but we are better over all and we have more depth so hopefully by the 4th quarter we are starting to really take control of things.

Reactions: LeConte
Outside the box plays are coming for sure. I think the key is 1) everybody knowing their individual responsibility 100 percent of the time, 2) being disciplined with our eyes and 3) don't give up the big play. It's better to give up 14 yards than 47 so err toward keeping the play in front of you.

Our starting secondary is:

CB - Mullen
CB - Taylor
S - Bryant
S - Burgess
H - Ball

Reese has taken over for Jaylin Williams and Khalil supplanted Fitz a few weeks back. I'm sure Jaylin and Fitzgerald will see action though so they need to be ready.

I think the group above gives us our best chance to slow the Boilers down. They are going to get their yards. If we can keep them under 30 I feel pretty good about our chances.Their offensive line isn't very good. Their running game is awful and we should be able to get a decent pass rush. Our defense isn't spectacular but it's better than theirs.

Yes Purdue's offense is good but so is ours. Our OC is a Broyles Award Semifinalist. We are more balanced than Purdue because we have a run game (if we choose to). Even if Scott doesn't play we should still be able to run the ball because Purdue has struggled to stop the run all year.

That said I really doubt Bedford is going to play so I am worried about our ability to deal with George Karlaftis, I think he is going to be disruptive in all honesty.

I feel like it may be close going into half time but we are better over all and we have more depth so hopefully by the 4th quarter we are starting to really take control of things.

This response became the basis for the article I just published:

How Indiana Matches Up with Purdue

Reactions: 76-1
Tiawan Mullen
Mullen give us 5 inches to Bell, who also has great ball skills, vertical extension and body control.

Plus PU likes 50-50 balls to Bell that he just goes up and gets.

Then there's Hopkins who will eat our Safeties up like HoHos.

Mullen give us 5 inches to Bell, who also has great ball skills, vertical extension and body control.

Plus PU likes 50-50 balls to Bell that he just goes up and gets.

Then there's Hopkins who will eat our Safeties up like HoHos.
As long as IU gets enough pressure on the QB and keeps the plays in front of them for short yardage, fine by me. I don't think it will be a ball game if that happens.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT