ADVERTISEMENT

How many off ramps are GOPers going to ignore?

Even 5 years ago I would have never said this...but I think the 50 states dissolves in some fashion within 10 years.

The breakdown is irretrievable at this point, if the GOP is seriously going to stand by Trump from here on out.

He just told the judge and prosecutors that he (and his mob) are coming for them....everybody OK with this?

Shame on us!

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
There was an ACCTUAL assassination attempt on a member of the supreme court AND his fvcking family!
Not hyperbole, it actually happened, with arrest and records.
Not really. One guy showed up outside his home but called the police on himself.

Not really. One guy showed up outside his home but called the police on himself.
Thank you. This was exactly what I was looking for. You da Man Mark. Although I think your rainbow team would have wished that you would have just stayed quiet on this one.

Eh, correct. I forgot about one of those.
Tell me again how it's all not a house of cards?

Why would it be a house of cards? The Presidency is only one branch of govt, and is rather limited in what they can do.

The massive failure in US civics within the population is ascribing much more power in the office than what exists.

Why would it be a house of cards? The Presidency is only one branch of govt, and is rather limited in what they can do.

The massive failure in US civics within the population is ascribing much more power in the office than what exists.
Why? You didn't really just ask WHY.
I'm going with my gut and just say. Bless your heart.

Reactions: stollcpa
Even 5 years ago I would have never said this...but I think the 50 states dissolves in some fashion within 10 years.

The breakdown is irretrievable at this point, if the GOP is seriously going to stand by Trump from here on out.

He just told the judge and prosecutors that he (and his mob) are coming for them....everybody OK with this?

Shame on us!

Trump's "mob" may be wide, but it's about an inch deep. There aren't 20k people in this country that are going to seriously throw down for this clown. The majority of people that voted for him don't even like him.

He's like 35% of a party that is only like 25% of the population. Been a while since my last math class, but 0.35 x 0.25 still comes out to 8.725% of the country that are hardcore Trumpkins. And they mostly live in hovels a million miles from civilization.

I’m thinking tonight of the old guys who dueled … when partisan words partisan ways overfueled … when one versus one and weapons of choice … forced most to then temper the shit that they voiced

Shame on us!
Like most governments, as long as the military doesn't break, we're good.

I’m thinking tonight of the old guys who dueled … when partisan words partisan ways overfueled … when one versus one and weapons of choice … forced most to then temper the shit that they voiced
It’s pretty obvious Trump’s never been punched in the face. Which is a shame as he might have one of the most punchable faces in recorded human history.

How about a matched brace of tasers at 12 paces … first one to get back up wins.

I wish Trump would STFU about this stuff. But you are overreacting. On the list of things that cause me to doubt the sustainably of our government, justice system, institutions, and important aspects of our culture, this comment doesn’t make the top 25.
Yes, not the best Trump punch back ever.

But is not like Democratic supporters employed in the Government are trying to intimidate witnesses either.

That's not completely true anymore. Trump controlled the election of the last three nominees to the Supreme Court based on views on abortion. There are not too many independent thinkers in the House of Representatives but the Republicans have gone out of their way to avoid exercising free will.

A decade ago I would have said this was impossible.

Eventually I think California will split into three states so they can have six senators

That's not completely true anymore. Trump controlled the election of the last three nominees to the Supreme Court based on views on abortion. There are not too many independent thinkers in the House of Representatives but the Republicans have gone out of their way to avoid exercising free will.

A decade ago I would have said this was impossible.

Trump didn't nominate anyone to the SC that any other Republican wouldn't have. Kavanaugh was his most controversial nominee, and probably the most moderate of the 3. And he came directly from Justice Kennedy's recommendation

Trump didn't nominate anyone to the SC that any other Republican wouldn't have. Kavanaugh was his most controversial nominee, and probably the most moderate of the 3. And he came directly from Justice Kennedy's recommendation
This is correct. Slavish devotion to the Federalist Society is the one way in which Trump never left the Republican Reservation.

Eventually I think California will split into three states so they can have six senators
Hasn’t happened since 1863 (West Virginia from Virginia) and has to be admitted by Congress. Also. They would need to secede first I believe because I’m not sure a new state can be formed within the jurisdiction of an existing state.

Also also I think a single state can veto it?

Hasn’t happened since 1863 (West Virginia from Virginia) and has to be admitted by Congress. Also. They would need to secede first I believe because I’m not sure a new state can be formed within the jurisdiction of an existing state.

Congress has to approve it, and any state involved (in this case California) would have to consent, but that's it.

Under extremely unusual circumstances…. Not wanting to follow Virginia into the Civil War.
The Confederate States were not represented in Congress at the time to object.

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
Under extremely unusual circumstances…. Not wanting to follow Virginia into the Civil War.
The Confederate States were not represented in Congress at the time to object.
But the Confederate states were still eligible -- they weren't expelled; they stayed away on their own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT