ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you are coming up to WL this Saturday?

Whatever, I've gone to Bloomington to support Purdue in the late 80s when we were going to lose but if you want to be a fair weather fan that's fine
You would have been at Memorial Stadium last year? I didn't see you posting anything last year about wanting to go to that game. I'm guessing you weren't over here the year before that, either. You can shut the hell up about being a fair weather fan. You also didn't see me on the PU board acting like a horse's ass the past couple of years.

Reactions: indiana ed
Pro

Had a run of about 15 years straight, but am too damn old, and still recovering from open heart surgery this Spring.
Prolly been to 25 Bucket games overall.

You would have been at Memorial Stadium last year? I didn't see you posting anything last year about wanting to go to that game. I'm guessing you weren't over here the year before that, either. You can shut the hell up about being a fair weather fan. You also didn't see me on the PU board acting like a horse's ass the past couple of years.
Uh, last year was cancelled and a shortened year so no I wasn't going to fly from AZ in IN for that. All I did was ask a question about attendance for the Bucket game. I've been to at least 12 of them. 4 of them at Bloomington flying in from the West so I've made an effort. If you've given up on the team that's fine. Happy Thanksgiving

I remember when PU students at the closed-end would pelt opposing defenses, huddled in the North end-zone, with oranges appropriated from the cafeteria.

My Btown brother in law decided he didn’t care to accept my offer to get tickets from his PU grad school nephew, and meet me there.

Nephew came home for Thanksgiving last night. He won’t be there either.

Uh, last year was cancelled and a shortened year so no I wasn't going to fly from AZ in IN for that. All I did was ask a question about attendance for the Bucket game. I've been to at least 12 of them. 4 of them at Bloomington flying in from the West so I've made an effort. If you've given up on the team that's fine. Happy Thanksgiving
Lucky for PU last year was canceled, correct? Go ahead and clear the air: if last year's game had not been canceled, would you have attended the game at Memorial Stadium?

I never said I had given up on anything, asshole. Go f*** yourself.

Lucky for PU last year was canceled, correct? Go ahead and clear the air: if last year's game had not been canceled, would you have attended the game at Memorial Stadium?

I never said I had given up on anything, asshole. Go f*** yourself.
Nice attitude Jimbo. Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks for stopping by to lecture us on proper fandom. Do you make a habit of wandering around to places you aren't wanted distributing advice to people who don't want your opinion ? If so, I'm guessing you frequently get told to fvck off or maybe even get punched in the face. If you are offended at being treated rudely here, you can always stay the hell away. The response you're getting here is the equivalent of a kick in the ass. Unless you are a complete moron who doesn't comprehend social clues, you should expect it for being a smug little douchebag.

You are one bitter and angry person. Therapy might help.
Oh I’m sure if we were over on your site gloating we would be treated just like family. I would bet my last dollar if the situations were reversed you and you brethren would hiding out somewhere and would not show your face at all.

Reactions: BoilerN
Haven't heard too much from the Boilers the past couple of years, definitely didn't hear much during the Wilson years. If there is a definition of lucky, it is the Boilers last year. Some people with no class just have to show their ass.
Purdue didn't have a football team before Brohm. Not much to talk about.

I kinda feel like this is a 1 way rivalry now a days. My generation didn’t grow up with the Keady Knight glory days. I don’t hate Purdue at all. A lot of my friends who are engineers went there. My daughter is leaning on going up here. But the hate my friends have who are Purdue grads is real. I don’t get it. I’d rather beat Kentucky in anything any day of the week.

Ya talked me into it - and hells coming with me!

tumblr_n0xrtykOvq1qih3ojo1_500.gif

LOL, last Bucket game I went to was 1989 when IU lost at home and Thompson lost the Heisman. Told myself that day that was my last IU football game I'd attend. Best promise I ever made to myself.

I kinda feel like this is a 1 way rivalry now a days. My generation didn’t grow up with the Keady Knight glory days. I don’t hate Purdue at all. A lot of my friends who are engineers went there. My daughter is leaning on going up here. But the hate my friends have who are Purdue grads is real. I don’t get it. I’d rather beat Kentucky in anything any day of the week.
The rivalry has always been driven 75% by pu grads. Their focus on all things IU is unhealthy IMO. My kid went there and talked about their orientation week the skits from the upperclassmen all had IU references. They did some weak Ted Talk tv commercial last year that was filled with IU comparisons. Then there is the chant that defines them.

Sad way to exist IMO.

The rivalry has always been driven 75% by pu grads. Their focus on all things IU is unhealthy IMO. My kid went there and talked about their orientation week the skits from the upperclassmen all had IU references. They did some weak Ted Talk tv commercial last year that was filled with IU comparisons. Then there is the chant that defines them.

Sad way to exist IMO.
I had none of this when I was there. FYI.

Sad way to exist IMO.
They have always been that way. They were terribly jealous of IU in the 70s.

Do Purdue students still throw batteries at people?
I was sitting there in the Purdue end zone a game we won and an empty whiskey bottle came whizzing over my head. In Mackey one year when several golf balls pelted the playing floor. They bounce quite a ways when thrown from that distance. I'm sure their physics department could figure it out...mass X acceleration + distance over gravity squared...something like that.

Sadly, today we don't speak of them as having "little brother" syndrome. They must have grown up on us.
No, they still have it, which makes it even more pathetic. If they win today, I will have two co-workers and a cousin deliberately look me up Monday like they just won the national championship ( despite the fact that I leave them alone when we win). The obsession defines them, mostly because they've never been nationally relevant in either football or mens' basketball. Just being better than IU is all most of their fans really care about. For them, it's the pinnacle.

I was sitting there in the Purdue end zone a game we won and an empty whiskey bottle came whizzing over my head. In Mackey one year when several golf balls pelted the playing floor. They bounce quite a ways when thrown from that distance. I'm sure their physics department could figure it out...mass X acceleration + distance over gravity squared...something like that.
I dodged an empty half-pint at Kentucky. Alex Smith made em pay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT