ADVERTISEMENT

How long does uncooked chicken last in the frig?

Not long. I fire up the grill the day I buy ground beef. Rely on the sell by date and your nose.

When in doubt, throw it out. Otherwise you’ll be tethered to the can and/or praying to the porcelain god.
I agree use your nose. I can buy pork or beef or chicken and I usually go no more than 3 days in the fridge, BUT I have had stuff go bad in a day and you know when you smell it after opening the package. I have a fridge in the garage that borders on freezing. It gets cold and that is where I store the meat if I know I'm going to cook it soon. Otherwise freeze it and thaw it in the fridge.

What about ground beef?
Beef depends a lot where you buy it. Do they actually cut it fresh at the store vs already a day old? Meijer Has a great fresh place and the ground beef is done in store. If I am grilling? Steaks i like really rare so same day maybe a 2 pack and 2nd day. Burgers medium so a few days. If Im fully cooking a week is pushing it but likely OK esp a long crock pot cook. Chicken and pork less but you can tell. Between texture and smell. Seafood is the worst to push it on.

I just have to say again the outpouring of love has just been incredible , espcially @zeke4ahs and then @UncleMark for doing me such a favor.

Its been an incredible Indian Summer weekend and I was outside , in and out watching some football . I think the only way I'd have gotten more attention was had I gotten run through a wood chipper or something like that and made the news.

Beef depends a lot where you buy it. Do they actually cut it fresh at the store vs already a day old? Meijer Has a great fresh place and the ground beef is done in store. If I am grilling? Steaks i like really rare so same day maybe a 2 pack and 2nd day. Burgers medium so a few days. If Im fully cooking a week is pushing it but likely OK esp a long crock pot cook. Chicken and pork less but you can tell. Between texture and smell. Seafood is the worst to push it on.

I just have to say again the outpouring of love has just been incredible , espcially @zeke4ahs and then @UncleMark for doing me such a favor.

Its been an incredible Indian Summer weekend and I was outside , in and out watching some football . I think the only way I'd have gotten more attention was had I gotten run through a wood chipper or something like that and made the news.
Are you single cray?

Been cooking for myself more than not and better than the women that tried. I am no chef but I don't eff up simple stuff. Good ingredients and spices. I admit it gets old cooking and Covid I sure don't eat out as much as I did. I take it you currently are single and havent cooked a lot? My dad cant scramble eggs

I have 2 hands .

Better than a devil's three way...
th_coffee.gif

Been cooking for myself more than not and better than the women that tried. I am no chef but I don't eff up simple stuff. Good ingredients and spices. I admit it gets old cooking and Covid I sure don't eat out as much as I did. I take it you currently are single and havent cooked a lot? My dad cant scramble eggs
I can’t make anything. I’ve never really been single until now. Kids have to have dinners so I need to figure something out. Can’t eat out or order every meal

I can’t make anything. I’ve never really been single until now. Kids have to have dinners so I need to figure something out. Can’t eat out or order every meal
Start simple. Bacon eggs & toast for dinner is always a winner. If you can dice up and fry some potatoes in the bacon grease you'll be a hero.

Get a crock pot! You can make so many easy meals and hard to mess up. Wasn't sure how much you were joking. A favorite of mine depending on pot size so judge portions , brown ground beef, put it on bottom , a layer of sliced potatoes, a layer of sliced onions , put a layer of sliced stewed canned tomatoes on top . Ad a celery stalk ot two on top . Touch of garlic salt and pepper. Pot roast in a crock pot is easy again some onion and celery cook a while before adding potatoes and if you like carrots . Get like a 6 quart oval for 30ish bucks. Always have left overs. We had a chili thread although I don't crockpot mine you can. You can do chicken same as pot roast if you prefer. You will learn quickly. You can make killer soup with some broth left over pot roast and some mushrooms and barley add veggies to taste

Slow Cooker/Crock Pot is your friend...Beef Stew, Chili, Beef/Pork Roasts, Boneless Chicken Breasts etc. If you can read a recipe, put shit in a pot and set a timer the appliance does the rest. Same with oven roasting. A decent oil and basic seasonings make for great oven roasted veggies for sides. Invest in a waffle iron. Dozens of sammiches waffle (any combo of ready to eat meats and cheeses between 2 slices of bread will make a kid happy). Soups and Pastas on the stove top, it's getting to be that time of year anyway.

why are you suddenly single? did you lose your wife? divorce? not being a smartass haven't seen you post about it. I've come to believe with just 2 people in the house it's just as cheap to eat out every night, a single person it definitely is unless you like tostinos pizza

why are you suddenly single? did you lose your wife? divorce? not being a smartass haven't seen you post about it. I've come to believe with just 2 people in the house it's just as cheap to eat out every night, a single person it definitely is unless you like tostinos pizza
All of it. Money isn’t the issue. It sort of becomes weird eating out so much when you have kids. Not sure it’s best. The Starbucks lady hugs her in the morning and makes her drink/food order outside of the line. Might not be a great thing

All of it. Money isn’t the issue. It sort of becomes weird eating out so much when you have kids. Not sure it’s best. The Starbucks late hugs her in the morning and makes her drink outside of the line. Might not be a great thing
I've never tried them, but friends say the prepacked meals like hello fresh are actually pretty good and come with simple to follow instructions. and that they have enough variety that you can go a month without repeating meals. I always thought you were older surprised you have kids at home

All of it. Money isn’t the issue. It sort of becomes weird eating out so much when you have kids. Not sure it’s best. The Starbucks lady hugs her in the morning and makes her drink/food order outside of the line. Might not be a great thing
It would be a great thing to do and learn together with the kids. I remember when mine were about your daughters age. She actually loved the responsibility and being a “grown up”.
just a thought man.

I've never tried them, but friends say the prepacked meals like hello fresh are actually pretty good and come with simple to follow instructions. and that they have enough variety that you can go a month without repeating meals. I always thought you were older surprised you have kids at home
That’s a good call!

It would be a great thing to do and learn together with the kids. I remember when mine were about your daughters age. She actually loved the responsibility and being a “grown up”.
just a thought man.
One of the things no one prepares you for at 18 is cooking for the rest of your life. I had to take a 2 week crossover to industrial arts which was mandantory in 8th grade . I learned a lot of things I still remember . Curl your fingers when chopping with a knife so you cant cut the end of a finger off. I am amazed at the amount of pro athletes with kitchen injuries over the years. If I drop a sharp knife off the table I jump immediately, You might still get a cut but you don't get nailed to the floor with a knife point in your foot. Baking I don't even attempt. Spaghetti is pretty easy as well. My biggest advise is good ingredients , common sense and lots of cheese. Really if you put in good stuff a crockpot is hard to mess up . A pork roast or tenderloin you can eat that way. I put full potatoes half way done . You can do pulled pork sandwich with BBQ sauce of choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT