ADVERTISEMENT

How in the hell do we lose a game up 4 with the ball and 1:20 left?

mk24

Redshirt
Jan 6, 2022
Just unimaginable s—-show from Race, to Trayce, to everyone on the court and everyone on the bench. I’m good at this point if everyone hits the portal including this all/star class of coaches. I’ve seen enough.

Just unimaginable s—-show from Race, to Trayce, to everyone on the court and everyone on the bench. I’m good at this point if everyone hits the portal including this all/star class of coaches. I’ve seen enough.
We need a coaches portal too!

Reactions: mk24
Maybe woodson is not listening to them. I mean matta is a world class bbal mind. He isnt on the bench but can talk bbal off the court every day.This team has issues but they arent horrible. I guess I have not watched timeouts. But I remember knight would huddle with assistants alot before taking the huddle.

Are you mad, bro?

typical Indiana basketball. NGL, I understand Woody doesn't have the personnel to run the offense he wants, but losing this game when you need one bucket/one stop to seal it is on him. Five half possessions IU had to lose to allow OT, five half possessions were lost and the rest is history, that's on him, there were no flukey calls or bounces either, OSU won each of the last five possessions in totally normal fashion, that's just not acceptable.

Last edited:
Abandoning the idea of running a set play and the fear of being put on the free throw line led to chucking up three point shots.

Abandoning the idea of running a set play and the fear of being put on the free throw line led to chucking up three point shots.
Just rewatched he end of regulation. Woody calls timeout with 1:23 remaining. We are up 4 with the ball. Run a set play featuring Race at top of key. Clearly the call was to get the ball to Trayce. A better pass over his shoulder puts Teaycdbin a gray position to get to the rim. Instead, Race throws a lazy pass that Liddell tips away. On defensive possession Stewart does what he does best defensively, he fouls. After the free throws, it’s now a two point game. Ensuing possession x has an open shot at early in shit clock with 45 seconds remaining from the top of key inside three point line and does not take it. Also could have penetrated the lane for a layup or draw a foul or allow defense to collapse and feed ball to Race. Instead, he does neither and dribbles over to the wing. Ball moves around and winds up in Bates hands who takes a contested three from the wing with time expiring on shot clock. He bricks it and OSU Gards rebound. OSU ball with 23 seconds left. They find Liddell wide open for a dunk as Race just leaves his man. Then, we get ball with 6 seconds remaining and with zero sense of urgency, settle for another three that is blocked. Game goes into OT.

Watching the replay, X had an open shot or at least drive to the lane in our second to last possession with about 40 seconds remaining in game. Had he taken that shit or driven to the lane, we would have had the ball for final possession with plenty of time. Instead, well we know what happened. Woof!

In the words of Crean, “It’s Indiana”

Reactions: mk24 and Lucy01
The race bad pass, Parker’s D, disappearance of Trayce, Bates fouling a 3point shot (in over time)
Are all Examples of poor individual play by the players. Woodson has said from day 1, the offense is a work in progress (bad) and he’s not wrong. The preseason hype with players that have never been on winning teams is part of the teams issues. I think Woodson has been she’ll shocked by just how poorly the majority of his players are at making smart winning plays.
I’m hopeful the learning curve and player expectations are becoming more clear for Woodson.
Trayce is just too mentally weak
Race is offensively unpolished and makes turnovers
We have players that just struggle offensively and aren’t athletic enough to create or finish.
fast break layups blocked
Jump hooks with no touch
Wide open 3s missed
Free throws missed

The race bad pass, Parker’s D, disappearance of Trayce, Bates fouling a 3point shot (in over time)
Are all Examples of poor individual play by the players. Woodson has said from day 1, the offense is a work in progress (bad) and he’s not wrong. The preseason hype with players that have never been on winning teams is part of the teams issues. I think Woodson has been she’ll shocked by just how poorly the majority of his players are at making smart winning plays.
I’m hopeful the learning curve and player expectations are becoming more clear for Woodson.
Trayce is just too mentally weak
Race is offensively unpolished and makes turnovers
We have players that just struggle offensively and aren’t athletic enough to create or finish.
fast break layups blocked
Jump hooks with no touch
Wide open 3s missed
Free throws missed
Yep. This. While we all rightly discuss the final minutes, the amount of easy shots we missed all game was crazy. They all count the same.

We lack players that can finish at the rim. You are right about fast breaks. Unless our player has a 40 foot head start, you can almost guarantee the shot will be blocked or challenged leading to a miss.

Bob Knight would have never called a TO with 5-6 seconds left in that situation. I wonder when Woodson realized he didn't have Knight's players out there.

Reactions: ericrossiu and mk24
Bob Knight would have never called a TO with 5-6 seconds left in that situation. I wonder when Woodson realized he didn't have Knight's players out there.
There was 14 seconds left and you dont know shit about basketball. Literally, all you can do is read a box score. Everything you try to describe is dead wrong. Stick to shitting on waffles or whatever you do for a living.

What timeout are you referring to? The last timeout called, which i think was a really good one, was with about 1:23 left in 2H and we are up 2 with the ball.

What timeout are you referring to? The last timeout called, which i think was a really good one, was with about 1:23 left in 2H and we are up 2 with the ball.
He's a moron that is glad I didn't win the point spread. All he is concerned with and all he can understand. Dont argue with dipshits. Give them a couple good one liners and go about your day.

Reactions: Radio Zero
The one that wasn’t called I presume. When we got the ball for the last shot in regulation (7 seconds left)????

Reactions: SoccerSammy
There was 14 seconds left and you dont know shit about basketball. Literally, all you can do is read a box score. Everything you try to describe is dead wrong. Stick to shitting on waffles or whatever you do for a living.
the timeout that WASN'T called with > 6 seconds left, dipshit!!! GFY

you're not nearly as smart as you think you are, dipshit

The most glaring issue I see is Indiana has the #1 defense in the B1G......yet can't win in the B1G. It's one thing to have a better defense than your offense but to be the best at keeping the other team from scoring yet not getting any points? I am guessing Dane has a part in that defense being stout but how does that then not reflect in our ability to get wins?

We know going in that our goal is to get the ball to TJD and the other team is going to double team him. If not, we win. Understanding that alone should make for relatively easy game planning on offense yet we rarely ever see a genuine set play out of those double teams. It becomes 4-on-3 (due to the double team on TJD), so off the ball screens become lethal in in comparison to 5v5 yet I struggle to recollect seeing anything except for just spacing and hoping TJD scores against his 2 men.

Reactions: mk24 and BigMobe
Learn how to communicate better then, waffleshitz. People cant read your dumbass mind.
a house divided cannot stand, now we are turning on each other, I'm just fing disgusted by the last 5 games, but some of you people are nuts, we have had 2 horrible losses this year Mich and Illinois, if some way we sneak our ass into the big dance and get away from big 10 style of play, there would be a lot of teams that wouldn't want to see us in their bracket

Reactions: Beorik
a house divided cannot stand, now we are turning on each other, I'm just fing disgusted by the last 5 games, but some of you people are nuts, we have had 2 horrible losses this year Mich and Illinois, if some way we sneak our ass into the big dance and get away from big 10 style of play, there would be a lot of teams that wouldn't want to see us in their bracket
Last 5 have been hard. This isn't anything like last year tho. Last years team did not care. These guys would have all got bloodied last night trying to win.

Race has made that terrible pass with no angle for 4 years. He still hasn't learned he can't make that pass. Losing play

You are an incredible asshat, but you get a lifetime pass from me for "waffleshitz".
So, you got that going for you.
I’ll take it. If you knew me, you’d like me. You would be shocked at what my smile does to you when I’m saying this absurd shit in person. I am the realest person here, don’t you forget it!

Last 5 have been hard. This isn't anything like last year tho. Last years team did not care. These guys would have all got bloodied last night trying to win.
I will agree that this season feels different even though it resembles the past few years. We are losing but it doesn't feel like a total collapse. We just can't get over the hump. We are competing but we just don't have the players (particularly guards) and identity yet. The NW game was killer but I for one agree 100% with Woody sitting those morons. Rob being out has hurt more than people realize. While not great, Rob was pretty good about every 3rd game (his D is always good) and when he played well we usually won. Hopefully we can at least make the dance. That in and of itself will be an accomplishment and a load off of the boys.

Reactions: Brockway
We need another podcast with the players to find out who is the funniest on the team or who has the hottest mom. That would loosen things up right now.

We have found ways to lose games. Frankly, we are good at doing that and it’s part of the identity / culture of our program right now.

we are a very good defensive team and poor offensively. Unfortunately it’s been our defense that has been hurting us in these collapses. Having Rob would help us get some late stops.

We need another podcast with the players to find out who is the funniest on the team or who has the hottest mom. That would loosen things up right now.
Hey dipshit if you have noticed I don’t do podcasts, I don’t do shit actually. I interviewed them all the same day before the season on tape. I literally haven’t put anything else out this season. I can read a room and also don’t want to be asking them what size trailer do they think BRC buff lives in like the other loser fans on message boards.

Incompetence from the coaching staff. Woodson has the best possible Big Ten coaching resource with an office down the hall, but he’s too big of a narcissist to use him. Woodson is a failure.

Hey dipshit if you have noticed I don’t do podcasts, I don’t do shit actually. I interviewed them all the same day before the season on tape. I literally haven’t put anything else out this season. I can read a room and also don’t want to be asking them what size trailer do they think BRC buff lives in like the other loser fans on message boards.
Ahhh, c’mon. Just one interview with “Scoop” maybe?
He’s about ready to explode in a game here and you can be the first to get some candid one-on-one time before he does.

Don’t even listen to it man. You and I don’t always see eye to eye but I love your IU support and general positive attitude. Keep hustling and doing you.

People with the emotional maturity of a pre teen are lashing out because their favorite sports team lost. Keep it in perspective.

Ignore him. His happiness is defined by being miserable.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Is there anything in the forum rules about posting only positive things?

Is there anything in the forum rules regarding name calling or profanity?

So you only call a timeout there in what kind of situation? I see nothing wrong at all about calling that timeout. We just didn’t execute anything coming out of it.
I was pointing out that IU was up FOUR, with the ball, coming out of a wisely called timeout. No way a good team/coach loses this game.

We throw the ball away out of a time-out, that was a key play right there!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT