ADVERTISEMENT

How do you see it playing out ?

Warison

Hall of Famer
Dec 13, 2010
Alford to IU
Marshall to UCLA ?

It seems Alford could be a real player in this. His name didn't even dawn on me 3 months ago, but I'm coming to grips with the fact that Steve Alford could be the next coach at Indiana.

Throw a parade !!!

But then the UCLA job opens. Wow. Talk about looking yourself in the mirror. If Alford's already the name, why wouldn't the Marshall's and Miller's of the world hold out to see what UCLA is gonna do.

Money talks...

And in the matter of a month, 2 blue blood jobs could be new 'done deals'.

Or, this Alford thing is just a smoke screen, media hype, and we get Archie.

Donovan is a fun dream. FYI he's coaching a play off team in the NBA currently. Just. Can't. See. It.

But, if I had to put money down...

Alford to IU
Marshall to UCLA.

Not a chance.....

IU is Donovan's job. If he has not already committed, he will need to soon. IU may not announce until april when OKC is out of playoffs.

If Donovan does not accept (no idea why this would happen tbh), Marshall will be the coach. Any other names, conjecture, or conversation is silly.

Alford to IU
Marshall to UCLA ?

It seems Alford could be a real player in this. His name didn't even dawn on me 3 months ago, but I'm coming to grips with the fact that Steve Alford could be the next coach at Indiana.

Throw a parade !!!

But then the UCLA job opens. Wow. Talk about looking yourself in the mirror. If Alford's already the name, why wouldn't the Marshall's and Miller's of the world hold out to see what UCLA is gonna do.

Money talks...

And in the matter of a month, 2 blue blood jobs could be new 'done deals'.

Or, this Alford thing is just a smoke screen, media hype, and we get Archie.

Donovan is a fun dream. FYI he's coaching a play off team in the NBA currently. Just. Can't. See. It.

But, if I had to put money down...

Alford to IU
Marshall to UCLA.
Donovan won't be interested, and Marshall won't be the kind of personality Glass is comfortable with. If Alford wants it, he's probably the guy they hire. Archie is second, Mack is third.

Mohepa sounds pretty confident. Just a gut, or an "inside source?"

Does it matter which answer I give? LOL

Everyone has "a source" and a gut. If I say either one, people will assume the other so I will leave it to you to decide.

Does it matter which answer I give? LOL

Everyone has "a source" and a gut. If I say either one, people will assume the other so I will leave it to you to decide.
Just tell us, ouija board, or magic 8 ball?

Everyone is overlooking the Texas Southern coach. He has regularly taken his teams to the NCAA, and once led his team to the title game. Or maybe the New Orleans coach, who is from Bloomington.

Or they could just declare the winner from the Wichita State versus Dayton game as the new IU coach!

I'll bite:

Marshall to Illinois. They are backing up the brinks and most certainly will get one of Miller, Marshall or Bennett. I think it will be Marshall.

Not a chance.....

IU is Donovan's job. If he has not already committed, he will need to soon. IU may not announce until april when OKC is out of playoffs.

If Donovan does not accept (no idea why this would happen tbh), Marshall will be the coach. Any other names, conjecture, or conversation is silly.

You're talking nonsense. Stop.

Reactions: mazz
The following is all just a rival fan thinking out loud, no sources consulted or known.
The first call was made to Stevens. He said I'm honored but the moment is not right.
The second call went to Donovan. He has his people fein interest, to gauge his position with OKC and maybe get a raise. (If he doesn't want back in the college game)
UCLA AD seeing what is possibly playing out is seeing what it would take to get Marshall or even Donavan to UCLA.
Third call is to Sean Miller. He likes what he has at AZ.
IU AD and UCLA AD discuss Alford's buyout.
Marshall winds up at UCLA, IU gets Alford....
But who really knows. This is like a soap opera for guys, would be cool to see what really happens behind the scenes... Would be surprised anything is announced before the assumed key players are done coaching for this season.

Sunday could be Marshall's last game as a shocker..He will take one of the open jobs imo..If Alford takes IU then Gregg to UCLA..

Donovan won't be interested, and Marshall won't be the kind of personality Glass is comfortable with. If Alford wants it, he's probably the guy they hire. Archie is second, Mack is third.
Please fill that glass half-way...so at least it will be half-empty....

Not a chance.....

^^^ That's a textbook example of wishful thinking right there.

Two of the most coveted names in coaching -- and we'll just hire our second choice if, by some bizarre chance, our first choice declines....which would probably be a sign of mental illness, anyway.

Alford's going to be in the mix. Given the circumstances, it would strange if he wasn't.

Donovan is indeed interested...he was even interested two years ago when it looked like Crean may leave for Alabama...It may not happen...But Billy is willing to talk to IU about the job...

Donovan is indeed interested...he was even interested two years ago when it looked like Crean may leave for Alabama...It may not happen...But Billy is willing to talk to IU about the job...

Great. I hope we get him -- I think it would be a great hire.

But let's have a backup plan that's better than "Oh drats. I guess you can have the job, Gregg."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT