ADVERTISEMENT

How are you feeling about your pre-season predictions?

IUninethree

All-American
Dec 7, 2010
Indianapolis
Now that we're three weeks into the season, have seen our guys a couple times, and have a better read on the opponents, how are you feeling about the W/L predictions you made in late August?

At that time I had IU at 6-6 with wins coming over FIU, BSU, Wake, Maryland, Rutgers, and Purdue. I think that was a fairly common prediction at that time.

I'm standing by 6-6 as well as future wins coming vs Wake, Rutgers, and Purdue. I'm on the fence about the 6th win. I think the road game at Northwestern may be more winnable than home vs Maryland. Maryland's QB Perry Hills was injured on the next-to-last play of the game on a hit that looked a bit like the hit that took Nate Sudfeld out for the season a couple years ago. MD's backup is a true freshman, dynamic dual-threat guy from Alabama who knifed through UCF's defense in one play to score the winning TD. So at this point I have no idea what MD will bring in late Oct.

I get the impression Duke is pretty bad this year and will lose a lot of games, making NW's win yesterday not particularly impressive. That game seems much more winnable now than it felt in late August.

As for the other 5, I still think OSU and Michigan will tee off on IU as payback for having the audacity to nearly beat them both last year. I'm less confident about MSU and Nebraska than I was to start the season. I'm more confident in pulling off the win vs PSU, but am still not ready to put them in the W column.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News