ADVERTISEMENT

Hot teachers and middle school kids—what gives?

During my senior year, a new Spanish teacher showed up. Suddenly, everyone wanted to take Spanish. Guys were willing to drop auto shop to get an F in Spanish.
My senior year of high school one of the guys in our class slept with our business management teacher. They called it that but it was really just typing. It wasn’t much of a scandal tho as he was probably 30

My senior year of high school one of the guys in our class slept with our business management teacher. They called it that but it was really just typing. It wasn’t much of a scandal tho as he was probably 30
One of the guys in your HS class was almost 30? Or the teacher was a dude who was almost 30? 😬

During my senior year, a new Spanish teacher showed up. Suddenly, everyone wanted to take Spanish. Guys were willing to drop auto shop to get an F in Spanish.
If the auto shop guys had had social media in the 80s,
kzhkbCQ.jpg

In my day it was our French/Art teacher.

Then our new speech/drama teacher showed up fresh out of college - Miss Richey.....mmmm....mmmmm....mmmmmm.......

I always had the hots for our Latin teacher. She was not a great beauty, but she was in great shape and wore very short skirts. Most demanding teacher I ever had, but I was in love.

Reactions: BradStevens
Have you ever noticed, that at least in my experience, the men teachers ended up in jail while the women teachers, for the most part, remained a secret for years, even though everyone knew it? I guess it’s true, the girls talked nd the guys knew a good thing and kept their mouths shut.

• Wow
Reactions: BradStevens
We had a gorgeous foreign language teacher in 8th grade who also happened to be brilliant. She was part of the very first group of American students who were permitted to study in the Soviet Union (as part of a student exchange program). The first day she brought in a picture of her having lunch with Nixon and Brezhnev at the White House. She taught Russian and French (I think). I'm pretty sure it was her first year teaching. I need to see whatever happened to her, as she was far too smart to teach junior high for her career.

Only Russian I remember (besides da and nyet) is ya golodnay - which means I'm hungry. To be fair, we only ~6 weeks each of German, Russian, French, and Spanish, and almost half of the Russian class was learning the alphabet.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Have you ever noticed, that at least in my experience, the men teachers ended up in jail while the women teachers, for the most part, remained a secret for years, even though everyone knew it? I guess it’s true, the girls talked nd the guys knew a good thing and kept their mouths shut.
I think that's changed, and the guys no longer keep their mouths shut or, at the very least, don't keep the circle tight enough to avoid it getting out. That is probably why it seems many more women teachers are getting in trouble.

Regardless, it shouldn't be happening to boys or girls, but there's been a double standard, as evidenced by our joking about boys and their female teachers.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Yeah...there were two teachers from my high school that everyone knew open secrets about. The first was my freshman year. A junior was hooking up with a pretty attractive chemistry teacher. IIRC, she was not that far removed from college. She only lasted a year or two at our high school. By the time I took chemistry it was taught by a nun.

I don't know if the second teacher slept with any students (though there were rumors), but I am 100% certain she had kids in my junior/senior class over to her apartment to get wasted. I never went, but one of my good friends did. Apparently she liked to joke about how much trouble she'd get in if anyone ever told on her/she got caught. She was younger than 30 I believe and had a young daughter. She had her daughter every other weekend and had kids over on the weekends she wasn't with her. I honestly didn't think much of it at the time, but the older I get the more effed up I find that to be.

Oh and there was a third teacher who was pretty hot, but didn't do anything illegal with students. She was dating the older brother of one my classmates and he'd sometimes go into great detail about what they did back at his place.

I think that's changed, and the guys no longer keep their mouths shut or, at the very least, don't keep the circle tight enough to avoid it getting out. That is probably why it seems many more women teachers are getting in trouble.

Regardless, it shouldn't be happening to boys or girls, but there's been a double standard, as evidenced by our joking about boys and their female teachers.
Yes exactly. The men teachers were always considered perverts and the women teachers were just whispered about. We had one of each in our day. There were also teachers who were known to party with the kids and buy them alcohol in high school. Seems like it was usually a coach.

Yeah...there were two teachers from my high school that everyone knew open secrets about. The first was my freshman year. A junior was hooking up with a pretty attractive chemistry teacher. IIRC, she was not that far removed from college. She only lasted a year or two at our high school. By the time I took chemistry it was taught by a nun.

I don't know if the second teacher slept with any students (though there were rumors), but I am 100% certain she had kids in my junior/senior class over to her apartment to get wasted. I never went, but one of my good friends did. Apparently she liked to joke about how much trouble she'd get in if anyone ever told on her/she got caught. She was younger than 30 I believe and had a young daughter. She had her daughter every other weekend and had kids over on the weekends she wasn't with her. I honestly didn't think much of it at the time, but the older I get the more effed up I find that to be.

Oh and there was a third teacher who was pretty hot, but didn't do anything illegal with students. She was dating the older brother of one my classmates and he'd sometimes go into great detail about what they did back at his place.
Yeah it’s messed up. They need to know the line. But I do see a difference in high school kids who are 17 and 18 and junior high kids ( that’s just gross) when the teachers may just be 24 or 25. Some of the young teachers actually relate to the kids better than the older teachers. I had a couple years right out of college, where even though I taught second grade, my school went to 9th grade. A lot of the older boys teased me and flirted. Most of the teachers were old or nuns, so I was all they had. They even told a joke about me at a pep session/ convo about coming to my hall to watch me walk down the hallway. Lol

Seems like it was usually a coach.
All of our coaches were hard asses about alcohol. The "party teachers" were the language arts teachers. They were the youngest/closest in age to the students. Most of the other teachers were in their late 30s to retirement age with the majority closer to retirement.

I suppose all of that varied widely by school.

All of our coaches were hard asses about alcohol. The "party teachers" were the language arts teachers. They were the youngest/closest in age to the students. Most of the other teachers were in their late 30s to retirement age with the majority closer to retirement.

I suppose all of that varied widely by school.
Ours was our swim coach ( and our team won state, what does that say? Lol) and golf coach. Maybe track too.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Yeah it’s messed up. They need to know the line. But I do see a difference in high school kids who are 17 and 18 and junior high kids ( that’s just gross) when the teachers may just be 24 or 25. Some of the young teachers actually relate to the kids better than the older teachers. I had a couple years right out of college, where even though I taught second grade, my school went to 9th grade. A lot of the older boys teased me and flirted. Most of the teachers were old or nuns, so I was all they had. They even told a joke about me at a pep session/ convo about coming to my hall to watch me walk down the hallway. Lol
Did you buy them any Falls City?

Ours was our swim coach ( and our team won state, what does that say? Lol) and golf coach. Maybe track too.
My class got the short end of the stick for basketball coaches. Our high school was historically good, but during my years there we had some alums who played DIII college basketball coaching us. They tried to be hard asses, but would get bullied by some of the parents who would complain about playing time.

My freshman year, one of the guys coaching the freshman team had his girlfriend drop off something at practice. Admittedly she was pretty good looking, but when she walked in he promptly changed the drill we were doing to layup lines, which was something we never did in practice. Turns out, he joined us in the layup lines and wanted to show off by dunking. Even as a freshman I recognized this was a total douche move and that she could do much better.

Our freshmen swim coach in high school was a priest. I recall returning from a swim meet in a van driven by the priest freshman year. We had a box of cigars and a case of beer in the back of the van (not sure how - I think one of the freshman had a fake ID). The priest (who was in his 50s, at least) smoked a cigar and had to have known about the beer but said nothing.

I also recall drinking beer and doing shots with our head coach (not a priest) at least a couple of times. One of those times was at a friend's graduation party. The coach, a guidance counselor (another priest) and my friend's dad (who also was my doctor) made me drink boilermakers, since I was going to Purdue. They said they felt obligated to teach me how to drink a proper boilermaker. The 80s were crazy.

Our freshmen swim coach in high school was a priest. I recall returning from a swim meet in a van driven by the priest freshman year. We had a box of cigars and a case of beer in the back of the van (not sure how - I think one of the freshman had a fake ID). The priest (who was in his 50s, at least) smoked a cigar and had to have known about the beer but said nothing.

I also recall drinking beer and doing shots with our head coach (not a priest) at least a couple of times. One of those times was at a friend's graduation party. The coach, a guidance counselor (another priest) and my friend's dad (who also was my doctor) made me drink boilermakers, since I was going to Purdue. They said they felt obligated to teach me how to drink a proper boilermaker. The 80s were crazy.

But where are the stories with ladies?

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

That’s ****ed up.

Reactions: DANC
As far as I knew. Never heard even rumblings of shenanigans. Though one brother told us a story about his gang initiation in Philly. It involved a sheep I believe. That was kind of weird. 🤣
Actually, it may have been a goat. He taught religion.

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
We had a gorgeous foreign language teacher in 8th grade who also happened to be brilliant. She was part of the very first group of American students who were permitted to study in the Soviet Union (as part of a student exchange program). The first day she brought in a picture of her having lunch with Nixon and Brezhnev at the White House. She taught Russian and French (I think). I'm pretty sure it was her first year teaching. I need to see whatever happened to her, as she was far too smart to teach junior high for her career.

Only Russian I remember (besides da and nyet) is ya golodnay - which means I'm hungry. To be fair, we only ~6 weeks each of German, Russian, French, and Spanish, and almost half of the Russian class was learning the alphabet.
Here she is:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT