ADVERTISEMENT

Hot seat predictions

The only way Allen is even close to the hot seat is another 2-10 or worse,
and maybe not even then if we are crippled by injuries or something.

That being said, he still needs at least a relative bounce-back, at least 5-7 or so, to be able to reasonably pitch any sort of security or positive spin on things to recruits going forward and keep the fanbase quiet.

The only way Allen is even close to the hot seat is another 2-10 or worse,
and maybe not even then if we are crippled by injuries or something.

That being said, he still needs at least a relative bounce-back, at least 5-7 or so, to be able to reasonably pitch any sort of security or positive spin on things to recruits going forward and keep the fanbase quiet.
IMO if he goes 5-7 he needs at least one of them to be a substantial upset if he wants to keep recruiting momentum going.

Gotta include 2019 too.
Which is probably what he is. IU is never going to be a “reload” kind of place. I think just like Fitzgerald does at NW, he could be the kind of coach who builds a experienced team that can win every 2-3 years. In the off years maybe have a record between 7-5 to 5-7. Unlike NW though, we don’t have the luxury of playing in the west.

Because of the Hoosiers difficult schedule I think one would have to dig deeper than just the won- loss record. If the Hoosiers have a terrible record this season but they play competitively against good teams then that will count for a lot.

Because of the Hoosiers difficult schedule I think one would have to dig deeper than just the won- loss record. If the Hoosiers have a terrible record this season but they play competitively against good teams then that will count for a lot.
Agree. Based on talent, experience and turnover, this looks like a 2 to 5 win team. If we get 4 or 5 victories and play competitively throughout the season, that’s positive movement.

Reactions: IUgradman
Just like every year IU has a tough schedule. Just like every year IU plays three OOC games, RU, Maryland and PU. That gives a very strong potential for 6 wins minimum each and every year.

Not making a bowl in at least 3 of 4 seasons is unacceptable in my mind. We simply have to make this happen.

Just like every year IU has a tough schedule. Just like every year IU plays three OOC games, RU, Maryland and PU. That gives a very strong potential for 6 wins minimum each and every year.

Not making a bowl in at least 3 of 4 seasons is unacceptable in my mind. We simply have to make this happen.
Bellwether season. Must show progress and really needs to make a bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT