ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiberg

He left the game early clearly suffering from an illness and was later taken to the hospital. Now his team is confined to its locker room. Why the hell was he allowed to coach and be around other people?
REALLY bad decision to be on the bench if he wasn't feeling well. I don't care if it was a common cold... in this atmosphere, you don't expose people to ANYTHING if you aren't feeling well.

He left the game early clearly suffering from an illness and was later taken to the hospital. Now his team is confined to its locker room. Why the hell was he allowed to coach and be around other people?

If you noticed-the ass’t coach waived Archie and the players off after the game. There were no handshakes.

Reactions: hgdownunder
Well the symptoms are fever, sweating and a cough but not much of a runny nose.

Would not be surprised at all if the Mayor has it.

But what makes it doubly harder is that there is a basic flu going around also.

Hopefully that's what he has.

Yeah, my sister-in-law and her husband and kids all got sick...but thankfully they've just got the flu.

Reactions: TommyCracker
We forget it is also regular flu season still. Much more likely Hoiberg has the regular flu.

still probably should have been tested once symptoms started. Unbelievable lack of awareness. If he has it, they’ll cancel the whole thing now. Likely the entire NCAA.
They might anyway. But if he doesn’t, couldn’t they get thousands of tests and make sure all the remaining teams get tested before games?

We forget it is also regular flu season still. Much more likely Hoiberg has the regular flu.

still probably should have been tested once symptoms started. Unbelievable lack of awareness. If he has it, they’ll cancel the whole thing now. Likely the entire NCAA.
They might anyway. But if he doesn’t, couldn’t they get thousands of tests and make sure all the remaining teams get tested before games?

They aren't letting kids play when NBA is not. This season is over. We won't play PSU tomorrow.

Hopefully that’s NOT what he has for his sake. Common flu is deadlier to young, healthy people than COVID-19. Just FYI

Reactions: channi
Hopefully that’s NOT what he has for his sake. Common flu is deadlier to young, healthy people than COVID-19. Just FYI

My understanding is he has some underlying heart heart issues. So Corona could also be very dangerous for him. Either way, hope he’s alright. We can all live without March Madness.

My understanding is he has some underlying heart heart issues. So Corona could also be very dangerous for him. Either way, hope he’s alright. We can all live without March Madness.
He’s had two aortic valve replacements and an ascending aortic aneurysm repair. That issue would merit early intervention, in an abundance of caution. The team doctor shouldn’t have permitted him to be there.

He’s had two aortic valve replacements and an ascending aortic aneurysm repair. That issue would merit early intervention, in an abundance of caution. The team doctor shouldn’t have permitted him to be there.

Assuming he even told the doctor of the symptoms? This opens up yet another scary thought. How many people have it now, and will get it, that aren’t and won’t get tested?

This is going to get nasty, very quickly.

Reactions: IUgradman
Assuming he even told the doctor of the symptoms? This opens up yet another scary thought. How many people have it now, and will get it, that aren’t and won’t get tested?

This is going to get nasty, very quickly.
Somebody took his temperature, and it was obvious he wasn’t feeling well. Doubt he was the only one who knew.

Reactions: Radio Zero
That was smart. After beating on each other for 40 minutes including blocking each other out and being in each other's faces, etc... it's best the players don't shake hands. sigh....

I thought I saw them do some sort of weird elbow bump but wasn't sure if that was in place of the handshake or just the way they passed each other.

Common Flu

Great news for him and all who came in contact with him. Doesn't change the fact that if he, the team doctors or anyone else in the Nebraska hiarchy had even the slightest hint of his having any type of an upper respiratory illness at or near game time then he and they were incredibly irresponsible in regards to his being on the sidelines...

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Bino
Flu A (and B) is NOT the common cold. I've had both over the past couple yrs. Both cases wiped me out for a week. Hopefully both teams don't come down with the flu over the next 7-10 days.

Still pretty reckless for him to ride it out on the bench most of the game. He should have left the moment he started feeling shitty.

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
Nonsense.

Listen people, every day people die from flu viruses and other transmittable viruses.
Flu A (and B) is NOT the common cold. I've had both over the past couple yrs. Both cases wiped me out for a week. Hopefully both teams don't come down with the flu over the next 7-10 days.

Still pretty reckless for him to ride it out on the bench most of the game. He should have left the moment he started feeling shitty.

You've got to be kidding me.

Reactions: HoosiersChamps
Yeah, my sister-in-law and her husband and kids all got sick...but thankfully they've just got the flu.
The flu this season alone has caused more than 20,000 deaths and last year more than 30,000 deaths with 35 million sick with it. This is a yearly issue and dangerous to similar population and as well should not be looked upon so lightly.

Am on chemotherapy and I had Influenza A two weeks ago. Went home after diagnosis and fluid in ER. Was well within three days with fluid and Tyelnol and Tamaflu. This is the course of most cases of the flu and 97% of cases of novel coronavirus. We did not react this way to the Swine flu, which was much more deadly than coronavirus.

Great news for him and all who came in contact with him. Doesn't change the fact that if he, the team doctors or anyone else in the Nebraska hiarchy had even the slightest hint of his having any type of an upper respiratory illness at or near game time then he and they were incredibly irresponsible in regards to his being on the sidelines...

So every time a coach has any symptoms of illness from now on, they must vacate the premises?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT