ADVERTISEMENT

History is repeating

kingmanite

Freshman
Jun 5, 2012
Pelosi said let them eat ice cream. A woman that had her head in her anal passage also said let them eat cake. The people extracted her head.

Pelosi said let them eat ice cream. A woman that had her head in her anal passage also said let them eat cake. The people extracted her head.

Well, you really had to admire that $24,000 Sub-Zero refrigerator, though.

Reactions: 76-1
So someone’s refrigerator is suddenly important right now? If that doesn’t show you the right wing media machine has nothing to say or do to help in this crisis, I don’t know what does. They are trying to make this a thing. Lol.

Nancy's place is a van down by the river, compared to Mar-a-lago. Though the latter might be hampered since all the illegal immigrant servants were furloughed.

This story must be way out in RWNJ land. I don't even know what you're all talking about.

A quick Google is that she appeared a late night talk show and showed her freezer which was filled with ice cream, and they are expensive refrigerators (2). Because we know Mitch and Trump have empty/cheap refrigerators.

Reactions: T.M.P.

Just so I don't get you in trouble...: that wasn't a quote in my post down below (which is why I didn't use quotation marks). That was an inference to her being exceptionally tone deaf in the extreme while giving an interview about her gourmet ice cream collection (in front of her $24,000 refrigerator) while simultaneously holding up another rescue bill...

She's on my One of the Worst People in the World list, but that wasn't an exact quote...

I figure you already knew that..., but it's clear some of our Ultra Left responding to my post didn't...

Just so I don't get you in trouble...: that wasn't a quote in my post down below (which is why I didn't use quotation marks). That was an inference to her being exceptionally tone deaf in the extreme while giving an interview about her gourmet ice cream collection (in front of her $24,000 refrigerator) while simultaneously holding up another rescue bill...

She's on my One of the Worst People in the World list, but that wasn't an exact quote...

I figure you already knew that..., but it's clear some of our Ultra Left responding to my post didn't...

A Trump supporter calling anyone one of the worst people in the world is interesting.

Reactions: MaxCoke
So, many politicians are...rich?

200.gif

Reactions: Neves

What bill is she holding up?

Funny to hear you folks complain about TDS and then turn around and do the Pelosi thing. You sound crazy as hell.

Funny to hear you folks complain about TDS and then turn around and do the Pelosi thing. You sound crazy as hell.

I'm not going to waste much time on this because I'm fairly certain you know the answer.

Go back to the date of the interview and match the Senate bill to that date and you'll answer your own question.

Truly couldn't care less how you think I "sound"...

I'm not going to waste much time on this because I'm fairly certain you know the answer.

Go back to the date of the interview and match the Senate bill to that date and you'll answer your own question.

Truly couldn't care less how you think I "sound"...
Now I really don't know WTF you people are talking about.

Reactions: Neves
That was an inference to her being exceptionally tone deaf in the extreme while giving an interview about her gourmet ice cream collection (in front of her $24,000 refrigerator) while simultaneously holding up another rescue bill...
She did her job. She wasn't about to rubber stamp the Republican bill without requiring that it include provisions important to her caucus and constituents. To think she should have just said "Sure, Mitch, whatever you say" is ludicrous.

The major irony is that one of the things the Democrats were fighting for was a substantial amount for food aid in the last bill. She is accused of being Marie Antoinette because she wanted to provide MORE food to the hungry. I think some of us do not read history at all.

Did you see it? If so, had that been a Pub you would have reacted far stronger than I did as an Independent.

I don't really care what someone else owns. Materialistic jealousy and envy are not in my wheelhouse. Plus, I'm way too socially and sexually proficient and comfortable to ever think like a republican.

I don't really care what someone else owns. Materialistic jealousy and envy are not in my wheelhouse. Plus, I'm way too socially and sexually proficient and comfortable to ever think like a republican.

You missed the entire point of the comments and THEN misread my post.

I saw an interview on MSNBC where she blamed McConnell for holding up funding for PPP- I don't remember anything about a refrigerator.

I haven't seen FOX for a couple months but I suspect they carried it non-stop while MSNBC ignored it. It was tone deaf as hell.

I haven't seen FOX for a couple months but I suspect they carried it non-stop while MSNBC ignored it. It was tone deaf as hell.
I hate the elite displaying their ignorance of everyday life as much as the next guy. Hell, I probably rank it right up there with someone trying to convince me that $300K isn't the salary of a rich person.

But we need to at least have our outrage grounded in something. As far as I can tell, several people here are outraged because she did this interview while somehow magically holding up a bill that passed two days ago.

Never mind the idea that only one side should ever be blamed for the fact that lawmakers actually negotiate legislative language.

Call her tone deaf, that's fine. But the rest of this thread is just PDS, which is apparently a thing around here, now.

Reactions: UncleMark
I hate the elite displaying their ignorance of everyday life as much as the next guy. Hell, I probably rank it right up there with someone trying to convince me that $300K isn't the salary of a rich person.
LOL. Yeah, that. I still don't get why people are so insulted by the term. You'd think they were ashamed or something.
Call her tone deaf, that's fine. But the rest of this thread is just PDS, which is apparently a thing around here, now.
PDS has been around a thing for a long long time. It just doesn't supplant TDS and ODS very often. About the only time you see it is in narrow circumstances where she's directly involved.

But we need to at least have our outrage grounded in something. As far as I can tell, several people here are outraged because she did this interview while somehow magically holding up a bill that passed two days ago.

Never mind the idea that only one side should ever be blamed for the fact that lawmakers actually negotiate legislative language.

Republicans always have at least one woman politician on the Democratic side they’re pillorying. It’s part of how they operate. Trump is taking it too far and it’s finally costing them. As it should.

I am a long way from "outraged" about it...but it was tone deaf as hell and I chuckle at the usual suspects here hypocritically making excuses or Yabuts for it. They are always the first to attack their opponents.

You also may want to look at the dates again, Nancy flaunting her gourmet ice cream and kitchen was five or six days ago.

I am a long way from "outraged" about it...but it was tone deaf as hell and I chuckle at the usual suspects here hypocritically making excuses or Yabuts for it. They are always the first to attack their opponents.

You also may want to look at the dates again, Nancy flaunting her gourmet ice cream and kitchen was five or six days ago.

But was not one of the items the Democrats wanted added in to the small business loans money for food relief? Does that not make a huge difference in a "let them eat ice cream" parody? It seems if she opposed food relief, like many in the other party, the comparison would work.

Rich person fights to get food benefits extended does not sound nearly as hypocritical as some thinks it does.

Reactions: hoosboot
Nancy's place is a van down by the river, compared to Mar-a-lago. Though the latter might be hampered since all the illegal immigrant servants were furloughed.

But you don't understand. Pelosi is an ELITE, she's an evil witch that hates "Merica... Trump is one of us- a real Man of the People.
His $30,000 freezer is filled with real food- Big Macs (made in America). And his $250,000 solid gold toilet? He deserves to have that because he's spent his whole life working for the good of the common man. He was born impoverished and picked himself up from his bootstraps and now he's the very picture of success...Not like that evil witch Pelosi who made her fortune on the backs of the working man and then bought gallons of some fancy "French" Ice Cream...

Did you see it? If so, had that been a Pub you would have reacted far stronger than I did as an Independent.

Dude that type of situational ethics makes sense coming from an ignorant Trumper. But you claim to be an independent and you're blasting Pelosi for being "wealthy" and in your estimation "insensitive"? And you're somehow comparing her "wealth" and supposed "lack of empathy" to Donald Trump? With a straight face?

As in "Pelosi Palace" vs Trump Tower? Gee, why don't you claim that Trump has more intelligence and better vocab skills than the average 5th grader while we're at it? I mean if you want to post statements that are laugh out loud ridiculous...

Well, you really had to admire that $24,000 Sub-Zero refrigerator, though.

I'm not aware of any SZ costing $24k. The highest priced ones I've seen are in the $8k-10k range. $24k sounds like some kind of giant commercial/ restaurant sized unit... though doubt that even exists. Most restaurants use walk- ins.

This another Facebook fact?

I'm not aware of any SZ costing $24k. The highest priced ones I've seen are in the $8k-10k range. $24k sounds like some kind of giant commercial/ restaurant sized unit... though doubt that even exists. Most restaurants use walk- ins.

This another Facebook fact?

There's a $16,950 model, with a glass door. And then there's the government employee pricing program . . .

Whomever came up with the $24,000 figure probably sells for a Sub-Zero distributor and is looking to bump up the market. Makes those $8,000 units look like a steal.

Having seen some Sub-Zero units with customized doors, to match expensive cabinet veneers, in some homes, I bet someone could spend well over $20,000.

Reactions: hoosboot
Here's the video, and I'll be damned if I can find anything ostentatious about it. Sure she's got a big ass fridge with lots of ice cream, but that sure doesn't make her rich or anything.

Dude that type of situational ethics makes sense coming from an ignorant Trumper. But you claim to be an independent and you're blasting Pelosi for being "wealthy" and in your estimation "insensitive"? And you're somehow comparing her "wealth" and supposed "lack of empathy" to Donald Trump? With a straight face?

As in "Pelosi Palace" vs Trump Tower? Gee, why don't you claim that Trump has more intelligence and better vocab skills than the average 5th grader while we're at it? I mean if you want to post statements that are laugh out loud ridiculous...

Dear Lord...and this will be my last post on this. I did NOT blast NP for being "wealthy", I blasted her for being tone deaf with this video at this time. Nothing to do with Trump. I have no idea what your last paragraph even means.

You guys are amazing.

Here's the video, and I'll be damned if I can find anything ostentatious about it. Sure she's got a big ass fridge with lots of ice cream, but that sure doesn't make her rich or anything.

If that were a Pub you would be the first one plastering this up there split screen with a food bank line. And you know it.

I don't expect to teach you folks to be objective...but come on.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
If that were a Pub you would be the first one plastering this up there split screen with a food bank line. And you know it.

I don't expect to teach you folks to be objective...but come on.
If she was a Pub fighting increasing food aid, you'd be right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT