ADVERTISEMENT

He's back.

I totally get all that. On the flipside, I think it's a mistake for people to just automatically assume Harris is going to step in it and lose votes because she didn't win the primary in 2020.
That's fair. I actually think she's probably much better suited for a General Election...and against a singular opponent like Trump...than she was facing multiple different Democrats at the same time.

And obviously it matters how good a candidate she ends up being the next few months...but there is a bit of "it doesn't really matter" either. Its gonna be a tight race, decided by a handful of states...really no matter how good or bad she ends up being. Trump is dog shit for over half the voting public.

I don't even think its 40 on the right for Trump, 40 on the left for Harris, and they're fighting for the middle 20. Its more like 40 on the right for Trump, 30 on the right for Harris...can she get enough of the remaining 30 to vote for her to win enough of the swing states. Trump is going to get his number, pretty much no matter what he says or does the next 3 months.

That's fair. I actually think she's probably much better suited for a General Election...and against a singular opponent like Trump...than she was facing multiple different Democrats at the same time.

And obviously it matters how good a candidate she ends up being the next few months...but there is a bit of "it doesn't really matter" either. Its gonna be a tight race, decided by a handful of states...really no matter how good or bad she ends up being. Trump is dog shit for over half the voting public.

I don't even think its 40 on the right for Trump, 40 on the left for Harris, and they're fighting for the middle 20. Its more like 40 on the right for Trump, 30 on the right for Harris...can she get enough of the remaining 30 to vote for her to win enough of the swing states. Trump is going to get his number, pretty much no matter what he says or does the next 3 months.
I'm not sure Trump really has 40% when you have never trump republicans that were part of the original 40% republican voting block. Probably depends mostly on who gets their voters to show up more than trying to change people's votes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohio Guy
I'm not sure Trump really has 40% when you have never trump republicans that were part of the original 40% republican voting block.
I'm sure its close to that. He picked up moderate republicans and even independents since he emerged in 2016. And while I've spent a handful of posts recently saying to disregard national polls, he's still consistently polling well over 40%. MAGA makes up a big chunk of that 40ish percent. But I personally know A LOT of people that I wouldn't consider typical MAGA types, that are firmly voting Trump because of the decisions, and candidates, on the other side.

Frank Luntz playing Mr Obvious...

Republican pollster Frank Luntz suggested that while former President Trump has the issues on his side, his “persona” is contributing to the drop in the polls in the race against Vice President Harris.

“If it’s about issues, Trump is much more likely to be successful. If it’s about attributes, Harris is much more likely to be successful, because quite frankly, people like her more than they like him. It’s something that, if he’s watching this right now, his head is exploding — and that’s part of the problem,” Luntz said over the weekend in a CNN interview.

“He has lost touch with the people that he needs, and she is in perfect touch,” Luntz added, pointing to the bolstered energy during Harris’s recent campaign rallies.

“Donald Trump should be winning based on those beliefs, and they are widely, and the spread is significant. And yet he’s not. And the reason why, in the end, is Donald Trump the persona,” Luntz added.

Yup

Last edited:
I totally get all that. On the flipside, I think it's a mistake for people to just automatically assume Harris is going to step in it and lose votes because she didn't win the primary in 2020.
The enormous success of Harris' campaign launch has Trump and MAGAs scared out of their minds. Her short-lived presidential campaign in 2019/early 2020 is one of the few glimmers of hope for them. I'd argue that her poor showing four years ago has little to no relevance today. It's a completely different political landscape, and she has all the momentum now.

Raw poll numbers don't mean much this far (three months) out, but trends do. A quick glance at trends in three key states speaks volumes. In May (per NYT/Siena College), Trump led Biden in PA +3 and in WI +1. Biden was up +1 in Michigan. Now, Harris is up +4 in PA, +4 in WI and +4 in Michigan. This is significant movement - - 3 to 7 point swings.

Also, it's always instructive to look at the money, and I'm not talking now about fundraising. Harris is the favorite in offshore betting action, with money moving even more in her direction after Trump's insanely bizarre news conference last week at Mar-A-Lago. Another company, Predictit, which trades on election outcomes and other current events, is showing Harris as the heavy favorite.

A lot can happen in three months, but Harris/Walz clearly have the inside track.

I'm sure its close to that. He picked up moderate republicans and even independents since he emerged in 2016. And while I've spent a handful of posts recently saying to disregard national polls, he's still consistently polling well over 40%. MAGA makes up a big chunk of that 40ish percent. But I personally know A LOT of people that I wouldn't consider typical MAGA types, that are firmly voting Trump because of the decisions, and candidates, on the other side.
2008 was one of the worst election environments ever for a Republican, they had an abysmal candidate, and were running against the second coming of Jesus if you believed the media. Still only won the popular vote by 7 I believe. Let's be real, this isn't 1984 and only maybe 6-8% of the country can be persuaded. Harris has to win the popular vote by 4 points to have a solid chance.

Reactions: DANC
The enormous success of Harris' campaign launch has Trump and MAGAs scared out of their minds. Her performance in 2020 is one of the few glimmers of hope for them. I'd argue that her poor showing four years ago has little to no relevance today. It's a completely different political landscape, and she has all the momentum now.

Raw poll numbers don't mean much this far (three months) out, but trends do. A quick glance at trends in three key states speaks volumes. In May (per NYT/Siena College), Trump led Biden in PA +3 and in WI +1. Biden was up +1 in Michigan. Now, Harris is up +4 in PA, +4 in WI and +4 in Michigan. This is significant movement - - 3 to 7 point swings.

Also, it's always instructive to look at the money, and I'm not talking now about fundraising. Harris is the favorite in offshore betting action, with money moving even more in her direction after Trump's insanely bizarre news conference last week at Mar-A-Lago. Another company, Predictit, which trades on election outcomes and other current events, is showing Harris with a substantial lead.

A lot can happen in three months, but Harris/Walz clearly have the inside track.
And who knows - maybe he hits it out of the park with the Elon Musk X interview tonight, but if I were a betting man, I'd put money on him putting his foot in his mouth with Musk goading him on.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Dems would get far more respect if they stuck with Jan 6 and trump’s behavior being disqualifying. The Harris glow up is as disingenuous as it gets

Golf clap for getting glow up in a political discussion and using it properly.

Kudos.

No one with a brain as I said. You can be excited trump is out. No one should be excited about her
The enormous success of Harris' campaign launch has Trump and MAGAs scared out of their minds. Her short-lived presidential campaign in 2019/early 2020 is one of the few glimmers of hope for them. I'd argue that her poor showing four years ago has little to no relevance today. It's a completely different political landscape, and she has all the momentum now.

Also, it's always instructive to look at the money, and I'm not talking now about fundraising. Harris is the favorite in offshore betting action, with money moving even more in her direction after Trump's insanely bizarre news conference last week at Mar-A-Lago. Another company, Predictit, which trades on election outcomes and other current events, is showing Harris as the heavy favorite.

I love that you’re all in on a hardcore progressive 🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡.

Frank Luntz playing Mr Obvious...

Republican pollster Frank Luntz suggested that while former President Trump has the issues on his side, his “persona” is contributing to the drop in the polls in the race against Vice President Harris.

“If it’s about issues, Trump is much more likely to be successful. If it’s about attributes, Harris is much more likely to be successful, because quite frankly, people like her more than they like him. It’s something that, if he’s watching this right now, his head is exploding — and that’s part of the problem,” Luntz said over the weekend in a CNN interview.

“He has lost touch with the people that he needs, and she is in perfect touch,” Luntz added, pointing to the bolstered energy during Harris’s recent campaign rallies.

“Donald Trump should be winning based on those beliefs, and they are widely, and the spread is significant. And yet he’s not. And the reason why, in the end, is Donald Trump the persona,” Luntz added.

His act is old and tired, just like the man himself. People are sick of the chaos, the grievances, the negativity, the insanity and all the other shit he expels.

Reactions: tbone6004
His act is old and tired, just like the man himself. People are sick of the chaos, the grievances, the negativity, the insanity and all the other shit he expels.
Oh so they are super pumped for a progressive like you? From conservative to independent to now a big Harris gal. What are you ten?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bowlmania
Cmon Murt she's a moderate. Another JFK. The media said so.

She’s the second most liberal senator out of 109. We’ve all read her record and heard her speak. She believes in equity of outcomes. She’s the absolute Fing worst. She’s a squad member. And there’s only one candidate on the planet that will lose to her. And that’s trump. You should let that sink in

A lot of truth there. But the Trump ground game is infinitely better than 2020 and Harris polls far worse than Biden did 4 years ago. No Zuckerbucks this time either. Still a lot of Zeke, Hickory, Goat, Mark, Cosmic, etc voters out there.

What Trump "ground game" are you talking about? The RNC has no ground game planned. Once Trump took over the RNC they cancelled all of the plans they had for staffers in battleground states. Trump is trying to outsource it to other groups. A very risky and untested method.

Reactions: Bowlmania
She’s the second most liberal senator out of 109. We’ve all read her record and heard her speak. She believes in equity of outcomes. She’s the absolute Fing worst. She’s a squad member. And there’s only one candidate on the planet that will lose to her. And that’s trump. You should let that sink in
At least her VP is solid.

• Wow
You have a clueless ditz and a sex change sanctuary. Thats madness.
It's a choice, though.

On the other side you have a shock jock in a diaper, who every day shows us his 4th grade vocabulary. He reads at a Green Eggs and Ham level (if he reads at all), and is devoid of all intellectualism, morality, or even vision. His daily briefings as POTUS had to be dumbed down to bullet points, and he often didn't even read THOSE.

His sidekick is an empty suit who wakes up and decides what he believes in, depending on how the wind is blowing.

It's a choice, though.

On the other side you have a shock jock in a diaper, who every day shows us his 4th grade vocabulary. He reads at a Green Eggs and Ham level (if he reads at all), and is devoid of all intellectualism, morality, or even vision. His daily briefings as POTUS had to be dumbed down to bullet points, and he often didn't even read THOSE.

His sidekick is an empty suit who wakes up and decides what he believes in, depending on how the wind is blowing.
He's a whiny old fool, getting worse by the day.

Think about a Trump second term, with the Project 2025 authors and architects holding key positions in his administration.

Guardrails? Checks and balances? What are those?

Project 2025!

Beetlejuice!
Most of those involved in Project 2025 are former Trump officials. I have names if you need them.

Why are you guys running from Project 2025? Most of it is consistent with Trump's platform and ideas he has previously espoused. I would think you'd love it. What about Project 2025 don't you like, and why?

Most of those involved in Project 2025 are former Trump officials. I have names if you need them.

Why are you guys running from Project 2025? Most of it is consistent with Trump's platform and ideas he has previously espoused. I would think you'd love it. What about Project 2025 don't you like, and why?
I like and agree with pretty much everything I've seen from P25, but I understand it's maybe not the most appealing to moderates. Plus I haven't actually read it cover to cover and neither have you so maybe stop bringing it up because you are definitionally ignorant on the subject. I'm sure it won't stop your verbal diarrhea though.

It's called campaigning, like how nameless, faceless Harris advisers have put out memo's flipping her position on literally every issue in the past few weeks. Love Project 2025, Hate Project 2025, Indifferent, at least it stakes out positions in detail .

Something that we haven't been able to get from Harris in person or even on her website since it was announced she would lead the ticket. She's a coward, and a moron to boot.

It's a choice, though.

No on the other side you had a guy (Trump) that had the country in a great position in his 1st term and actually ran things the way they should be run while stupid dem governors allowed their cities to burn ignoring Trumps offers for the national guard. If you can't admit that you're a fool.

If you think the country is jumping on board with someone who is clueless AF (Harris) already had one job and FAILED MISERABLY, and then another dumbass who allows 14 year olds to make decisions on what sex they should be while removing them from their parents you're smoking crack. Thats AUTHORITARIAN UTOPIAN sh!tI I think half you guys are just bot dolts that post just to get clicks. Nobody in the human race is as stupid as what you defend and wish for which is beyond comical. Maybe the mentally ill trannies, but thats about it.

I like and agree with pretty much everything I've seen from P25, but I understand it's maybe not the most appealing to moderates. Plus I haven't actually read it cover to cover and neither have you so maybe stop bringing it up because you are definitionally ignorant on the subject. I'm sure it won't stop your verbal diarrhea though.

It's called campaigning, like how nameless, faceless Harris advisers have put out memo's flipping her position on literally every issue in the past few weeks. Love Project 2025, Hate Project 2025, Indifferent, at least it stakes out positions in detail .

Something that we haven't been able to get from Harris in person or even on her website since it was announced she would lead the ticket. She's a coward, and a moron to boot.
She claims she wants to close the border now. 😂

You really are a soccer player. Pull yourself together, damn it. You’re the leader of the f#cking Dream Team. We got The Don in prime time on the largest news app on planet with a guy who launches rockets as a hobby.
Soccer players gonna soccer player

football-dive.gif

soccer-dive-headbutts.gif

main-qimg-2f7218e14c38d8ca47fc618b1698aef0

I really don't get how that guy inspires people. I get how he inspires you; it doesn't take much. However, others seem to be inspired, and I don't get it. He talks like he's in grade school and he thinks his audience maturity level is about the same.
How does Harris inspire you?

A right wing extremist, Ivan Hunter from f#$king Texas who drove there because he wanted to try to egg on the anger, was charged with being part of the setting of the fire of a police station.

From the Guardian:
'Boogaloo Boi’ charged in fire of Minneapolis police precinct during George Floyd protest

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a Texas rightwing extremist, bragged about helping to set the fire then was seen shooting 13 rounds at the building
-------

Your echo chamber's main goal is to target and make middle aged white dudes angry and believe that 'blah wants to destroy the country that I must fight and be angry'.

I've see this belief spewing from middle aged white dudes since mid 70's, as this concept grew into talk radio and Rush jumped on it and made a shitton of money exploiting it. It's mainly the same messages being spewed and always aimed at the same target audience.

Roger Ailes said to Nixon something to the effect of, people are lazy and stupid and just want to be told how to think and how to feel so you need to embrace the television medium.

That came from the core initiative of the growth of the John Birch Society and the rise of your right wing message ecosystem, first using Talk Radio predominantly then along side Fox, particularly after the fairness doctrine was revoked in the late 80's and Murdoch embraced it as he was freed to eradicate any conflicting voices so he could focus on pushing whatever he thought would anger his target audience with no counter argument.

Anyway short story long, I get exhausted at how many current middle aged white dudes get sucked into the process of this technique, and with the rise of social media it's mutated into epic proportions.

At a minimum as goat mentioned, I'd like to believe if I knew I was a direct targeted audience of a common exploited marketing concept that's been around most of my life that I'm aware of and have witnessed from the 80's, but using the same almost exact tactics and messaging, that I hope I'd tend to be more questionable in the actual goals and intent of it when I get presented with that messaging.

Especially as the majority of the messaging is based on false, made up assumptions and innuendo.

Trump obviously knows how to effectively use the technique and I think it's why the majority of his base is middle aged and older white dudes who are now politically angry.

From what, Limbaugh to O'Reilly to Glen Beck to Hannitty to Levin to Tucker....it's all been the same techniques to me. Now Twitter so called influencers and YouTubers are making a killing getting monetized engagements using the exact same concept.

So I get that it works. I just wish those who are targeted and have historically been targeted be able to better differentiate when it's obvious that they are being pursued on purpose.

Lastly...I think one of the directives has to put pressure to get people hooked in to actively spread emails. Because I've heard so many comments of 'my Dad won't stop flooding my inbox with his right wing garbage emails that I don't want and he gets visibly angry at me if I don't respond or tell him to stop forwarding all day'.

My GF's niece and nephew, who are of Jewish and Mexican heritage, were deeply upset and pissed when Pop's forwarded them a right wing border email claiming that dirty Mexican's are coming into the country to take it over. They were like, why does he send me stuff about dirty Mexican's when he knows us?

If anyone happens to read this mess of a post and gets this far and find that you tend to mass forward hyper right wing emails to your friends and family.... you've fallen down a hole. So stop doing it or at least take out those who never respond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT