ADVERTISEMENT

Helene - what if

Sure... That's Big Ten Football...

I'd be surprised if we see any rain though...
I wouldn't be surprised either way regarding the weather.

But how does it impact the game, game prep, players, game plans?

Wind and rain will make for shorter and fewer passes...defenses will adjust. There will likely be more turnovers, and the kicking game will be tough.
Then it’s a ball control, TOP, ground game.

I wouldn’t worry too much. Game is still five days off and the forecast could change. And the current forecast is not particularly ominous.

I'm not worried...It's the analytical me...opening dialog on the topic

IU will practice in the wind and rain on Thursday and Friday. Maryland maybe not.

Who has the better running game? Run defense? The mindset to play in nasty weather?

Last edited:

Wind and rain will make for shorter and fewer passes...defenses will adjust. There will likely be more turnovers, and the kicking game will be tough.

I'm not worried...It's the analtical me...opening dialog on the topic

IU will practice in the wind and rain on Thursday and Friday. Maryland likely won't.

Who has the better running game? Run defense? The mindset to pmay in nasty weather?

I like our pure run game mixed with our short passing game... I don't like seeing our QB running the ball though unless it's clear he won't get hit on that knee...

I just watched an extended highlight segment on Maryland/Virginia from Sat. Virginia kept it very close through most of the game despite a bunch of turnovers.

I can see Indiana thumping Maryland. Maryland hasn't seen an offense with a QB like Rourke.

I might be wrong, but if Indiana plays like they have these first four weeks, they cover the spread.

IU will practice in the wind and rain on Thursday and Friday. Maryland maybe not.

Who has the better running game? Run defense? The mindset to play in nasty weather?
We don't really throw many long passes anyways. We may throw less, but what we throw may not change much (IMO).

Just another challenge if the weather is bad. I’d say we’re probably less reliant on passing success, to be successful overall, than Maryland is. But either way, can’t control the weather. And wind and rain shouldnt affect blocking and tackling, which is where most games are won and lost.

At other schools, fans are looking at the weather to see how to pack and plan appropriately with their gear to get through the game and be protected from the elements.

Meanwhile, at IU, fans are adding this to their list of reasons why they won’t go and instead are priming their tv’s for the Notre Dame game and digging out that old VHS tape of the 1987 basketball championship to tee up when it’s sprinkling outside.

The Late Great Coach Red Faught did not worry about throwing the ball in the rain. But wind was a c ooncern.

At other schools, fans are looking at the weather to see how to pack and plan appropriately with their gear to get through the game and be protected from the elements.

Meanwhile, at IU, fans are adding this to their list of reasons why they won’t go and instead are priming their tv’s for the Notre Dame game and digging out that old VHS tape of the 1987 basketball championship to tee up when it’s sprinkling outside.
Sadly that is all true.If it’s raining Saturday morning there will 20k in the stands at kickoff….maybe.

Latest update from AccuWeather: 88% chance of rain Saturday, 9 mph wind with gusts up to 16 mph. I know that makes golf harder so I imagine it will make throwing the ball accurately harder.

LOL. Same at our school...

Rain, shmrain.

I personally am issuing a challenge to all the middle-aged men out there to a Dad Bod Wet T-Shirt Contest TM. Do you have the nuts, the gut, and/or the moobs to compete? We'll see!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT