ADVERTISEMENT

He’s gone from saying, ‘Kamala can’t win,’ to ‘Do you think Kamala can win?'

For what it's worth, I do think Joe Biden does want what he thinks is best for the country. I also think there is at least some megalomania that develops when you hold the most powerful office in the world and it's probably hard to let that go.

To quote (paraphrase?) Jon Stewart, it's a job where, if you do a really good job they build a giant monument of you. And if you do a great job, they carve your face into the side of a mountain.

I've said this elsewhere, but if it's Harris, I hope Josh Shapiro is the VP pick. I think we all check back on that duo 2-3 weeks from the day they'd be off and running and see where the chips fall. I don't think it'd be tough to package them as new and invigorating.

In a way, this also makes Trump's pick of JD Vance a relatively wasted pick. There was some speculation that picking Vance was an indication that Trump already felt like he had this election in the bag and that had he thought he needed help with additional votes, he would have picked someone more strategic. Some pundit said Vance helps with Michigan and Pennsylvania, but I think Shapiro would nullify that. Getting Whitmer out on the campaign trail with them in Michigan probably does to some extent too.

More reporting tonight that he's open to reconsidering. Sounds like they might time it so the decision is announced soon, perhaps even this weekend, to steal media attention from the GOP.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
cuvOLIU.jpg
Stand firm Joe!

For what it's worth, I do think Joe Biden does want what he thinks is best for the country. I also think there is at least some megalomania that develops when you hold the most powerful office in the world and it's probably hard to let that go.

To quote (paraphrase?) Jon Stewart, it's a job where, if you do a really good job they build a giant monument of you. And if you do a great job, they carve your face into the side of a mountain.

I've said this elsewhere, but if it's Harris, I hope Josh Shapiro is the VP pick. I think we all check back on that duo 2-3 weeks from the day they'd be off and running and see where the chips fall. I don't think it'd be tough to package them as new and invigorating.

In a way, this also makes Trump's pick of JD Vance a relatively wasted pick. There was some speculation that picking Vance was an indication that Trump already felt like he had this election in the bag and that had he thought he needed help with additional votes, he would have picked someone more strategic. Some pundit said Vance helps with Michigan and Pennsylvania, but I think Shapiro would nullify that. Getting Whitmer out on the campaign trail with them in Michigan probably does to some extent too.
This is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on the Water Cooler! Kamala is a DEI hire at best.

Sounds like a mess. AOC saying the people behind wanting to punt Biden don’t just want him gone. They want the whole ticket gone.
Standard Democrat mulligan. ... oooops, what we intended to create is kinda going bad so we need another chance to use a new corrupt tactic to maintain ourselves as supreme leader.
This is as normal as the directions on a shampoo bottle.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Sounds like a mess. AOC saying the people behind wanting to punt Biden don’t just want him gone. They want the whole ticket gone.
This reminds me of Woodson having to scramble to get a new team from the portal. Dems need to dive into their “portal” and get a couple of blue chip recruits and then throw gobs of money at them and hope for the best.

This reminds me of Woodson having to scramble to get a new team from the portal. Dems need to dive into their “portal” and get a couple of blue chip recruits and then throw gobs of money at them and hope for the best.
Definitely

Guess it should be clear which party is the actual "threat to democracy" now... The Democrats are perfectly willing to circumvent the will of their own primary voters simply because they fear losing Power...

Per usual, anything the Democrats acuse the Republicans of hoping to do is either what they are already doing or plan to do...

How do the Democrats square Biden being too cognitive challenged to be prosecuted for clear security violations and too cognitively challenged to continue to run for reelection but are fine with keeping him in office during one of the most dangerous times in our history (thanks to Joe).

If he isn't sharp enough to run they need to 25th .4 him if they are serious about his degree of impairment... Even Cackling Kamala has to be an upgrade over clearly impaired Joe (one would hope, although she hasn't shown anything that might indicate that..)...

Guess it should be clear which party is the actual "threat to democracy" now... The Democrats are perfectly willing to circumvent the will of their own primary voters simply because they fear losing Power...

Per usual, anything the Democrats acuse the Republicans of hoping to do is either what they are already doing or plan to do...

How do the Democrats square Biden being too cognitive challenged to be prosecuted for clear security violations and too cognitively challenged to continue to run for reelection but are fine with keeping him in office during one of the most dangerous times in our history (thanks to Joe).

If he isn't sharp enough to run they need to 25th .4 him if they are serious about his degree of impairment... Even Cackling Kamala has to be an upgrade over clearly impaired Joe (one would hope, although she hasn't shown anything that might indicate that..)...
In an odd twist, it would be odd if...
They do pull the 25th card, and Joe is to remain in office only because the pub's vote no... You know this is part of the calculus, of "what if's"... They can't even take their own dud out.. muahahahahahahaha

Reactions: 76-1

That’s bullishit. You guys have been crowing for awhile now how unfit and senile Joe is and now once the Dems are catching on (he’s declined much further since the SOTU) you cry foul and say they’re cheating. In fact, polls a year ago showed that 2/3 of Dem voters want Biden replaced, so why is this going against “the will of the people?”

That’s bullishit. You guys have been crowing for awhile now how unfit and senile Joe is and now once the Dems are catching on (he’s declined much further since the SOTU) you cry foul and say they’re cheating. In fact, polls a year ago showed that 2/3 of Dem voters want Biden replaced, so why is this going against “the will of the people?”

Problem is they don't want to take him out... They want to leave him in place but not run him (or Kamala) and pick their own in house candidate in a rigged "mini-primary"...

"The people" voted slow Joe in as their Democratic candidate for President... Now your team has decided since it appears he's going to lose, they want to pick their own candidate... Now that doesn't seem very Democratic to me..., nor will it to the rest of the American people when they get a close look at how you guys operate...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT