ADVERTISEMENT

Hazel vs Brohm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not listen?

Why not get paid by Purdue what the market demands?

If you work for a company and a competitor offers you more money would you not leverage it for a raise? It’s not complicated.
Not blaming him just saying Pu fans believe or want to believe that hat coach stayed for love of school or players or whatever nothing to do with that and everything to do with. $ 6 million.

The problem was they were never gong to be able to afford Brohm after the financial tsunami Louisville allowed to be concocted made it impossible for them to fire their winningest coach and pay his $14 million buyout, pay Jurich’s buyout, cover the revenue losses from a nightmarish football season and set aside money to cover the potential of a legal loss to Pitino in court that could run up to $30 million plus.
I don’t know if they could or couldn’t afford him but people believe that he stayed for any other reason but money are mistaken.

The problem was they were never gong to be able to afford Brohm after the financial tsunami Louisville allowed to be concocted made it impossible for them to fire their winningest coach and pay his $14 million buyout, pay Jurich’s buyout, cover the revenue losses from a nightmarish football season and set aside money to cover the potential of a legal loss to Pitino in court that could run up to $30 million plus.
Petrino was earning $3.5 million a year, and Satterfield is going to earn $3.25 million a year. Brohm is making $3.8 million a year at PU. It appears that Louisville wasn't willing to pay more than 3.8 a year for a .500, unproven coach and feel they got as good or better coach for 3.2: the Auburn debacle only helps to prove Louisville's point. Finances were the main evidence for Louisville's and Brohm's decisions.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Speaks volumes about these pu clowns that on a day they ought to be over on their own site (or literally anywhere but here) eulogizing their biggest fan, they're over on here hoping to, in any small way, muck up our board.

I say ban em all and let Rivals sort em out! ;)

I'm really going to enjoy these next few years... That Auburn first half is something they'd best get used to...

I'm not sure you're worth it but I'll play along. I didn't "dump", I am a realist. Auburn's recruiting classes over the past 4 years are7th, 8th, 14th and 12th. I don't have enough fingers to count Purdue's.

Ball State? go crawl back in your delusional hole and let me know the next time you beat a ranked team, or better yet, the next time you beat Purdue or even better yet - the next time you even make it to a bowl game. I'm old, but I'll still be around.

Six posts...six trolls.

Reactions: 76-1

Thank you, this is what I tried to say previously when the rabble melted down. UL couldn't get the deal done...or he would be long gone.

Thank you, this is what I tried to say previously when the rabble melted down. UL couldn't get the deal done...or he would be long gone.
Who cares? Purdue paid up to keep their coach. It’s $6 million out of the $40+ million they receive from the BTN alone. It’s a drop in the bucket. Tip of the cap to them for being committed to winning.

Reactions: reabhnt
Who cares? Purdue paid up to keep their coach. It’s $6 million out of the $40+ million they receive from the BTN alone. It’s a drop in the bucket. Tip of the cap to them for being committed to winning.
Remember how Tom Crean fleeced IU after 2012? I guess a .500 coach is half winning.

Last edited:

Absolutely. But That isn't the point being discussed now is it?

Absolutely. But That isn't the point being discussed now is it?
Then what’s being discussed?

I see all these IU fans making fun of PU for “overpaying” Brohm in their opinion. Who cares? Is it your money? It’s as if we’re bragging about building student dorms with our BTN money rather than reinvesting in the program.

It’s a joke. PU cares about improving their program. We don’t. Let’s quit bragging about being cheap.

You’re still commenting on Brohm after all your whiffs and lies? Shocker.
You're still commenting after Brohm gave up 56 points in the first half during the biggest ass beating in bowl game history and his pay has proven to be more than he is worth? You spew BS non-stop, and 99% of the board thinks you are a pretentious ass and broken record. You totally lack self awareness and have a totally inflated view of yourself. You have more than worn out your welcome: just go and play with yourself.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
His pay has proven to be more than his worth?

Because of one game?

What if I just picked out one game as his value? Let’s say beating OSU by 29. In that case he’d look like a huge bargain.

Relax and get a clue man.
Does Louisville not care about improving their program by not overpaying Brohm? Brohm wanted Petrino money, and Brohm hasn't earned it: that is why he isn't at Louisville right now. All PU did was overpay his value.

Brohm went 6-7 this year, a losing record, and is a .500 coach. Cherry pick all you want. If IU hires a good OC, then there is literally no difference between IU's and PU's coaches, just as Brohm isn't any better than Wilson as head coach and Allen as DC. Crap offensive play calling was the difference this year, and the Auburn game proves it.

Then what’s being discussed?

I see all these IU fans making fun of PU for “overpaying” Brohm in their opinion. Who cares? Is it your money? It’s as if we’re bragging about building student dorms with our BTN money rather than reinvesting in the program.

It’s a joke. PU cares about improving their program. We don’t. Let’s quit bragging about being cheap.

You seem to do two things.

Trash IU any chance you get

Promote and defend PU any chance you get

I have disagreed with those that want to ban people they don't agree with and I stick by that, but you sure sound like one of Twin Degrees' profiles that he brags about having over here.

Does Louisville not care about improving their program by not overpaying Brohm? Brohm wanted Petrino money, and Brohm hasn't earned it: that is why he isn't at Louisville right now. All PU did was overpay his value.

Brohm went 6-7 this year, a losing record, and is a .500 coach. Cherry pick all you want. If IU hires a good OC, then there is literally no difference between IU's and PU's coaches, just as Brohm isn't any better than Wilson as head coach and Allen as DC. Crap offensive play calling was the difference this year, and the Auburn game proves it.

UL AD wanted to do it but could not get it approved.

UL AD wanted to do it but could not get it approved.

Truly not attempting to undercut your argument but my stance on the whole Louisville thing has from the start been that everyone's 6-7 hero up in WL knew pretty much to the penny what could be offered him down at the Lou (he's probably got a better feel for the details of what's going on down there then their AD does) and simply used that interest as a lever to fleece Bobo and Mitch (along with some unnamed "friends of the program) for all he could get out of them...

Hopefully our board can claim an assist by pointing out multiple times that he might take his recruiting class with him. ;)

The best part of all this is that by about 7 minutes prior to half time of that Auburn game that group mentioned above had come to grasp the complete and total fleecing that has happened to them.

Personally, I'm thrilled they've got him.

You'll understand why over the next two years...:D

Last edited:
Truly not attempting to undercut your argument but my stance on the whole Louisville thing has from the start has been that everyone's 6-7 hero up in WL knew pretty much to the penny what could be offered him down at the Lou (he's probably got a better feel for the details of what's going on down there then there AD does) and simply used that interest as a lever to fleece Bobo and Mitch (along with some unnamed "friends of the program) for all he could get out of them...

Hopefully our board can claim an assist by pointing out multiple times that he might take his recruiting class with him. ;)

The best part of all this is that by about 7 minutes prior to half time of that Auburn game that group mentioned above had come to grasp the complete and total fleecing that has happened to them.

Personally, I'm thrilled they've got him.

You'll understand why over the next two years...:D

Yep, beating a dead horse. I still think he is a pretty good coach and if he is; he won't be there very long.

Bobo and the unwashed rabble up there panicked and paid the ransom. Will be interesting to see it play out. Do they have enough money left to do something about that shithole of a Stadium?

You know you are either being facetious or ignorant andI know it isn’t the latter!

You are saying they didn't pay him? I believe they did. Or do you disagree with my assessment that he is a good coach? I think he is.

A new audio system was installed for last season. We got a good deal on a closeout onindividual speakers from a former drive-in theatre supplier. FYI, my last visit to Memorial Stadium was the Corso debut with the double decker buses against the Illini in September of 1973. Other memories of that day included breakfast with legendary sportscaster Hilliard Gates, Quinn Buckner’s football debut, a great visit with another legend, Bob Dro, and seeing Lafayette native Tracy Dodds who was the first woman to join the Big Ten Skywriter’s tour and perhaps the most successful female IDS alum with a long sportswriting career in Milwaukee, Houston, Los Angeles among others.
Buckner’s IU debut was in the Fall of 1972.

Reactions: kmathum
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT