ADVERTISEMENT

Hay TMP . . .

Genius .. but a fretboard masturbator at the same time. I guess it goes with the territory.
That’s how I felt about Steve Vai when I saw him play years ago. It was impressive to see him play but I didn’t feel anything special from the experience.

That’s how I felt about Steve Vai when I saw him play years ago. It was impressive to see him play but I didn’t feel anything special from the experience.
They play to impress .. and the technical expertise, which is extensive, is always on display but it gets boring fairly quickly.

Wow there you guys go with the Secret double knot spy code word “ Hay”

Genius .. but a fretboard masturbator at the same time. I guess it goes with the territory.
Yeah, I listened to him years ago with his album American Garage and the next one with San Lorenzo on it . . . but it got old after a while, even a little dated, after about a decade, and then didn't like his new stuff and quit listening.

But when surfing the net a couple of nights ago I heard him, Jaco Pastorious and Lyle Mayes (among others) backing up Joni Mitchell. I was captivated with that performance for a good bit . . . even liked their treatment of Free Man In Paris . . . thought I'd ask to see if someone was seeing something that I was missing . . . .

On edit . . . here's the concert I was listening to:

Last edited:
Reactions: T.M.P.
Yeah, I listened to him years ago with his album American Garage and the next one with San Lorenzo on it . . . but it got old after a while, even a little dated, after about a decade, and then didn't like his new stuff and quit listening.

But when surfing the net a couple of nights ago I heard him, Jaco Pastorious and Lyle Mayes (among others) backing up Joni Mitchell. I was captivated with that performance for a good bit . . . even liked their treatment of Free Man In Paris . . . thought I'd ask to see if someone was seeing something that I was missing . . . .

My favorite shredder is Al Di Meola .. mostly because of his tone.

Reactions: Sope Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT