ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Seventh Anniversary of the Dumbest Play in NFL History

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001

The ball wasn’t supposed to be snapped.

Pat McAfee apparently confirmed that when he went over the play on his podcast. The guy who was supposed to pretend to snap the ball was injured before this play. If they got a certain look, there would be some sort of signal to snap it, but otherwise try to draw offsides and if that failed, just take the delay. The substitute player got confused.

Bad coaching.

The ball wasn’t supposed to be snapped.

Pat McAfee apparently confirmed that when he went over the play on his podcast. The guy who was supposed to pretend to snap the ball was injured before this play. If they got a certain look, there would be some sort of signal to snap it, but otherwise try to draw offsides and if that failed, just take the delay. The substitute player got confused.

Bad coaching.
You mean dumber than Jim Marshall running the wrong way?

Dumb is still preferable to evil.
I think you're seeing things.

The main problem the Colts had with the Patriots (other than Manning & Harrison often choking) was extreme paranoia, the overwhelming irrational fear of the imaginary bogeyman: the supposedly evil, supposedly genius, supposedly always doing everything possible to cheat (but actually not) Patriots.

The main problem the Colts had with the Patriots (other than Manning & Harrison often choking) was extreme paranoia, the overwhelming irrational fear of the imaginary bogeyman: the supposedly evil, supposedly genius, supposedly always doing everything possible to cheat (but actually not) Patriots.
As a Colts fan, I somewhat agree with you, at least as far as Manning goes. As great as he was, he was a head case against the Patriots. At times they’d been better off playing the backup over him (OK that might be a little too far)

Nah, it’s obvious to anyone with eyes what that was. That was Belichick attempting to trip Marvin Harrison.

There’s no ambiguity about what’s happening in that video.

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT