ADVERTISEMENT

Hay Jeopardy! nerds

I could never pull off being a sockpuppet or a troll (in the true sense of the word).

rR4wzk@facebook.gif

Oops.
That seemed obvious. Jeopardy would not like controversy.

Alex gave an interview where he named his choice, she was never given a guest host slot. I think she might be the best bet. It makes me wonder if Richards blocked Laura Coates from that opportunity to boost his stock.

That seemed obvious. Jeopardy would not like controversy.

Alex gave an interview where he named his choice, she was never given a guest host slot. I think she might be the best bet. It makes me wonder if Richards blocked Laura Coates from that opportunity to boost his stock.

Well he clearly had his finger on the scale throughout the process, so who knows. Whether Coates would be interested or not is another question. As of now it seems as if Richards is staying on as executive producer so he's still heading up the search. It will be interesting to see if a choice is made from those who have already hosted, of if they continue with additional guest hosts and Coates gets a run.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
They were supposed to start filming the new season yesterday, so this is awkward. Hopefully thay can work something out to be Bialik full time. I knew nothing about her, but she was great.

There is a campaign against her too, though:

I recorded the LeVar Burton week of episodes and still need to watch them, as I watched the Olympics instead. I heard that he was good. But he also has probably said something stupid to someone about something, some time in the past.

Reactions: UncleMark
They were supposed to start filming the new season yesterday, so this is awkward. Hopefully thay can work something out to be Bialik full time. I knew nothing about her, but she was great.

There is a campaign against her too, though:

I wonder what Alex would have been done in by back in 1984 if this level of scrutiny had been possible in those days.

I wonder what Alex would have been done in by back in 1984 if this level of scrutiny had been possible in those days.
Alex though came up through the game show hosts ranks, unlike all of these folks. When he took over the show in 1984 it wasn’t that good and frankly Alex wasn’t that great. They showed reruns of the early years after his death and it made you wonder how the show got so popular. They both got much better as the years passed.

Alex though came up through the game show hosts ranks, unlike all of these folks. When he took over the show in 1984 it wasn’t that good and frankly Alex wasn’t that great. They showed reruns of the early years after his death and it made you wonder how the show got so popular. They both got much better as the years passed.
Times have changed, as have production values. That said, I watched back with Art before it went away and came back.

I haven't read the whole thread but ran upon this about who should be the new host.

Joe Buck was the best
I thought he was pretty bad, TBH. Better than Dr. Oz, Savannah Guthrie, Katie Couric, but not by much.

Ken Jennings impressed me, if he stands up to scutiny for any past misstatements. He interacted very well with the contestants, ws witty, not forced, and added informative / interesting comments on some questions, like Alex used to do. So many other the others were forced, cold, and formulaic.

I haven't read the whole thread but ran upon this about who should be the new host.

Joe Buck was the best

Joe B then got a little snippy about Holzhauer's tweet.

“I wouldn’t know James Holzhauer if he was sitting here in my room,” Buck said. “I don’t know much about him. I know about his success on the show, but I don’t know what kind of a guy he is. I have no idea. I couldn’t care less. I’m at the point now where I am so overreacting to Twitter.”

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter

Joe B then got a little snippy about Holzhauer's tweet.

“I wouldn’t know James Holzhauer if he was sitting here in my room,” Buck said. “I don’t know much about him. I know about his success on the show, but I don’t know what kind of a guy he is. I have no idea. I couldn’t care less. I’m at the point now where I am so overreacting to Twitter.”

Jeopardy James is a Cub fan, turned degenerate gambler, turned Jeopardy millionaire, turned weak sauce smack talker.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
And, he's out as Executive Producer. What a massive fail for Mike Richards. The dude could have coasted at that gig for years, but he just wanted too much. Oops.

And, he's out as Executive Producer. What a massive fail for Mike Richards. The dude could have coasted at that gig for years, but he just wanted too much. Oops.

I knew nothing about him other than he was a Producer for the show. I watched all the guest hosts objectively, as in I don’t care about any of them as people outside of this gig, and he was the best in my opinion. Burton was the second best. The rest were basically adequate. Maybe Joe Buck slightly better than the others, but only slightly.

If they offered the job to me, I’d turn them down. Apparently, the crazy fans are out to crucify anyone not named Alex Trebec.

Last edited:
I have been watching the LeVar Burton episodes that I recorded during the Olympics.

He seemed super-stiff the first day, but he has grown on me a lot through days 2 & 3. That Matt Amadio guy is amazing.

Last edited:
I knew nothing about him other than he was a Producer for the show. I watched all the guest hosts objectively, as in I don’t care about any of them as people outside of this gig, and he was the best in my opinion. Burton was the second best. The rest were basically adequate. Maybe Joe Buck slightly better than the others, but only slightly.

If they offered the job to me, I’d turn them down. Apparently, the crazy fans are out to crucify anyone not named Alex Trebec.

That's not why they crucified him. And it wasn't his past alleged comments, although that's why Sony canned him. It's because he was a snake who gamed the entire process for his own benefit from the inside.

I heard the best answer for Alex's replacement, Watson the computer. The all-time Jeopardy champ and its voice can be altered. No chance it has offensive podcasts.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
That's not why they crucified him. And it wasn't his past alleged comments, although that's why Sony canned him. It's because he was a snake who gamed the entire process for his own benefit from the inside.
I know that’s what they think, and maybe it’s right, but as someone that has no dog in the fight I think he was the best of the guest hosts. My wife liked the woman from Big Bang Theory, but I’ve heard the crazy fans are gunning for her now. Is there any choice they wouldn’t start gunning for at this point? I’m kind of doubting that. My second choice is Burton - would he be acceptable?

I know that’s what they think, and maybe it’s right, but as someone that has no dog in the fight I think he was the best of the guest hosts. My wife liked the woman from Big Bang Theory, but I’ve heard the crazy fans are gunning for her now. Is there any choice they wouldn’t start gunning for at this point? I’m kind of doubting that. My second choice is Burton - would he be acceptable?

I don't much care myself. I'm merely parroting the mood from the jeopardy subreddit, which is surprisingly active. A lot of them seemed to like Richards' performance but when the details of how it all came about and his behind the scene's manipulations were revealed, let's just say no one on that sub was in his camp. Those people aren't your casual fans. They are purists and don't want a smiling game show snake at the helm. But no, it's not a case where they won't be happy with anyone but Trebek. He's dead, after all.

I don't read that sub religiously, but last I looked they were good with Burton, Jennings, Bialik, Buzzy, and thought that maybe Coates should have been given a run if she'd been interested. Mostly they just want a choice made.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT