ADVERTISEMENT

having the Zags and Duke lose...

Purdue has looked very good -- certainly better than what most preseason expectations were.

If those games are any indication, they're going to be among the contenders for the B1G this year.

The early success for the B10 teams will help the conference establish itself as one of the top ones. There will be quite a few B10 teams in KenPom top 20, for example. Now is when the big moves happen for teams. Once we get into conference play, teams will have solidified themselves and be beating up on other big ten teams.

I’m other words, the conference is playing itself into a favorable NCAA seeding situation once again, as the early games are basically establishing the B10 as one of the top conferences. That’s not going to change once we start beating up on each other. Hopefully it translates to some post season success this year.

Reactions: Imsowyctcwuzbetta
The early success for the B10 teams will help the conference establish itself as one of the top ones. There will be quite a few B10 teams in KenPom top 20, for example. Now is when the big moves happen for teams. Once we get into conference play, teams will have solidified themselves and be beating up on other big ten teams.

I’m other words, the conference is playing itself into a favorable NCAA seeding situation once again, as the early games are basically establishing the B10 as one of the top conferences. That’s not going to change once we start beating up on each other. Hopefully it translates to some post season success this year.
Exactly! As I said above, it only helps when B1G wins big and often in pre-conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT