ADVERTISEMENT

Have fans seen enough

Dobson may not be the decision maker.
So the question becomes what does the decision maker (board? Quinn? Wealthy alum?) decide.
I see no way Woodson is not back.
We have a lot of losable games remaining in the schedule.

NIL and athletic dept donors may get upset.

Ware to pros, we may have portal xfers as the programs continues to capitulate. Doubt we get Queen.

Dolson and co may have their hand forced. Hopefully.

I'm done with this team for the year. Trying the same things game after game and expecting a different result is madness.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Woody just needs to walk away. Enjoy life.
Although unlikely - that is my hope. Maybe some objective people in his inner circle could talk to him about the seemingly increasing chances that this could go really bad next year. Get a nice settlement. Say you did your best. Thank everyone. Walk away with your head up. Say that you think it is best for the program to hand it off to someone else.

I'm done with this team for the year. Trying the same things game after game and expecting a different result is madness.
We do not have a very intelligent coaching staff. It is obvious. Watch them on the sideline and listen to the press conferences. Dolson was a ball boy who fetched the equipment and uniforms. What can one expect from this crew? Exactly what we are getting. My high school coach had more knowledge than these folks. How can this be allowed to happen in a basketball state. Pathetic!

Although unlikely - that is my hope. Maybe some objective people in his inner circle could talk to him about the seemingly increasing chances that this could go really bad next year. Get a nice settlement. Say you did your best. Thank everyone. Walk away with your head up. Say that you think it is best for the program to hand it off to someone else.
JFC, just say you’re stepping away for “health reasons”. No need to elaborate beyond that. You don’t even have to say if it’s mental or physical health. I’m sure someone has used that excuse before. If not “health”, go with “personal reasons”.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
JFC, just say you’re stepping away for “health reasons”. No need to elaborate beyond that. You don’t even have to say if it’s mental or physical health. I’m sure someone has used that excuse before. If not “health”, go with “personal reasons”.
He won’t leave millions on the table. Has to be terminated and bought out.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
He's going nowhere without his 8 figure buyout. Do you have a wife and daughters like Woody? Would they ever let you go anywhere with $10M guaranteed?

He won’t leave millions on the table. Has to be terminated and bought out.
Probably. I can at least hope for some sort of settlement. If he’s fired and it comes out later that IU offered him a multi million dollar settlement to leave on his own and he turned it down, Id have to believe he’d never be welcome at IU again.

Probably. I can at least hope for some sort of settlement. If he’s fired and it comes out later that IU offered him a multi million dollar settlement to leave on his own and he turned it down, Id have to believe he’d never be welcome at IU again.
They will just fire him with a buyout. Will never be a nasty divorce, could hurt future recruiting and he is a former legend. He has certainly tarnished his history though. Just a major mistake by Woodson and IU.

They will just fire him with a buyout. Will never be a nasty divorce, could hurt future recruiting and he is a former legend. He has certainly tarnished his history though. Just a major mistake by Woodson and IU.
Outright firing him won’t look any better.

They have to wake him up first to have the conversation.

And I really dont think he would care.

We do not have a very intelligent coaching staff. It is obvious. Watch them on the sideline and listen to the press conferences. Dolson was a ball boy who fetched the equipment and uniforms. What can one expect from this crew? Exactly what we are getting. My high school coach had more knowledge than these folks. How can this be allowed to happen in a basketball state. Pathetic!

Most folks on here think the solution to IU's problem is "a ball boy who fetched the equipment and uniforms".

• Haha
You like the product on the floor? It is unobjectively. bad, unmotivated basketball anywhere, from the moon it would still be visible as a poorly coached, poorly contracted (edit - unintentional misspelling, but it's probably more accurate) team. $1M Bonus, sends me into "Refund, Refund .." territory. Unwatchable, Fisher just said "unbelievable", it should be, but it isn't. This team quit today.

No. But bitching and moaning on some fan forum does nothing. What have you done for the IU program? Did you donate to IU or the fire Archie fund? Have you donated to a buyout of Woody? Are you protesting right now at SSAH?

Or are you, like many, doing NOTHING but sitting on you arse hoping someone ELSE does something?

You are just like a bunch of other lazy keyboard warriors who like to bitch but do NOTHING! Just keep ordering McD's from GrubHub and peck away!

Reactions: hickorytree1
Hope will spring eternal in 2024-25. Cignetti, new as to be named BBall coach, soccer finally wins another title, I finally have that affair with Playmate of the year…

Cignetti is intriguing. Talking an awful lot of smack for a guy who just took the Indiana job.
No. But bitching and moaning on some fan forum does nothing. What have you done for the IU program? Did you donate to IU or the fire Archie fund? Have you donated to a buyout of Woody? Are you protesting right now at SSAH?

Or are you, like many, doing NOTHING but sitting on you arse hoping someone ELSE does something?

You are just like a bunch of other lazy keyboard warriors who like to bitch but do NOTHING! Just keep ordering McD's from GrubHub and peck away!

It would be way worse if nobody cared.

I'm suddenly in the mood for a 10 piece.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Yea. Admit this isn’t his thing, let someone how knows what they’re doing (a college bball coach) have the job, and it’s cigars and wine night everynight.
Yep if he hangs in another year it will get much worse

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT