ADVERTISEMENT

Have a drink and then watch this video of Crean's signature defense

I could watch that trainwreck all day. Switching defenses mid possession ??? are we the only team to ever do that on purpose??

Jesus christ......dumbest coach in America.

Give me another bartender.....

If a top tier coach, let's just say Izzo, saw that happen in a game, he would bench that entire lineup for the rest of the game and maybe the next game as well. What does Crean do? Not a damn thing.

Reactions: IUecho87
Do you have any videos of Yogi leaving his feet along the baseline then looking for someone to pass to? I'd really consider putting a video like that on an endless loop on that monitor in the corner of my office and letting it run over and over 24/7 until Crean is gone.

I honestly thought Apathy was going to be my last emotion until a coaching change. This defense is so outrageous that I am back at a hate fueled sadness cocktail...after tomorrow's game i am hoping for a learned helplessness/beaten dog nirvana. One has to literally give a lot of effort to be this bad on defense.

Reactions: mike41703
That is absurd. They could give my high school coach a case of Coors light, gas money, and a room at Holiday Inn for two weeks to teach them man to man that would be infinitely better then that garbage. I can't believe they tried to pull that crap against arguably the best coach ever on his home floor.

that's a set play, or better said, an option of a set play. There should always be a shooter in the opposite corner, and that pass can't be stolen unless the defender is out of bounds. We're not the only team that does it.

Do you have any videos of Yogi leaving his feet along the baseline then looking for someone to pass to? I'd really consider putting a video like that on an endless loop on that monitor in the corner of my office and letting it run over and over 24/7 until Crean is gone.

Last edited:
That vid really highlights how stupid this coach is.

Name a game where our speed of play was a deciding factor in a win? Can't do it. Wisconsin. lol

Name a game where our switch everything defense was the deciding factor in a win. Can't do it. Butler lol

Name a game where our switching defenses was the deciding factor in a win. Can't do it. Illinois lol

Name a game where one more dribble was the deciding factor in a win. Can't do it. Syracuse lol

If we gain nothing from doing this stupid shit, and each has cost us a game or two, why are we doing it? Why can't this numb nutted tangerine tard figure out all that gimmicky shit is for EA sports.

That vid really highlights how stupid this coach is.

Name a game where our speed of play was a deciding factor in a win? Can't do it. Wisconsin. lol

Name a game where our switch everything defense was the deciding factor in a win. Can't do it. Butler lol

Name a game where our switching defenses was the deciding factor in a win. Can't do it. Illinois lol

Name a game where one more dribble was the deciding factor in a win. Can't do it. Syracuse lol

If we gain nothing from doing this stupid shit, why are we doing it?

Why can't this numb nutted tard figure out all that gimmicky shit is for EA sports.

Why can't the AD see there is a performance issue that is affecting the department and remove the problem employee???

This dude is just NOT going to change. He averages like a half a tournament win per year as head coach. He gets paid top 10 money. This is insane.

I could watch that trainwreck all day. Switching defenses mid possession ??? are we the only team to ever do that on purpose??
Crean has talked about switching defense mid possession. I was telling some friends about it a couple weeks ago. These guys are all Illinois fans and even they understood the how ridiculous that is.

This dude is just NOT going to change. He averages like a half a tournament win per year as head coach. He gets paid top 10 money. This is insane.

Glass bought into all the hype just like most of us did while Cody was here. I think he stuck with him from ego and hoping but you're right, this doofus won't change and he'll continue playing these stupid gimmicks hoping and praying but never truly knowing if they work or not. Glass has to see it by now. All talk, no results. Con-artist ..

I'm just sick of all the dumb crap he does.

Seriously... how dumb is this..

We play fast but never get fast breaks. So why play fast? To jack up shots early in the half court. Isn't that what most coaches consider a mistake and bench players for?

We play with obsessive subbing and emphasize our conditioning but never tire the other team. So why play so deep and with so many rests? We don't pressure defensively,and we stand around on offense. You can't tire the other team out doing that. S0 how in the hell is anyone so tired they need a rest every 5 to 7 minutes of play?

He's an idiot ..

"no doubt about it".

He's gotta be trying to get canned by Christmas. Right? Otherwise there's no possible explanation for basically everything he does. Switching defenses mid possession? Check. Playing fast, Fast, FASTER? Check. Making mass subs for no apparent reason? Check. Lack of player development? Check. Mass exodus of players because of over-recruiting? Check. There's no reason why this guy should still be the head coach of this basketball program

He's gotta be trying to get canned by Christmas. Right? Otherwise there's no possible explanation for basically everything he does...

I'm pretty sure that Crean considers himself the smartest guy in the room. Isn't that more or less why Bo Ryan calls him Tommy Basketball? That's his problem. It's OK to be an idiot so long as you're aware of your limitations and either work to improve them or accommodate them in some way. But Crean is the kind of idiot that thinks he's a genius.

Reactions: kkott and mike41703
Glass bought into all the hype just like most of us did while Cody was here. I think he stuck with him from ego and hoping but you're right, this doofus won't change and he'll continue playing these stupid gimmicks hoping and praying but never truly knowing if they work or not. Glass has to see it by now. All talk, no results. Con-artist ..

I'm just sick of all the dumb crap he does.

Seriously... how dumb is this..

We play fast but never get fast breaks. So why play fast? To jack up shots early in the half court. Isn't that what most coaches consider a mistake and bench players for?

We play with obsessive subbing and emphasize our conditioning but never tire the other team. So why play so deep and with so many rests? We don't pressure defensively,and we stand around on offense. You can't tire the other team out doing that. S0 how in the hell is anyone so tired they need a rest every 5 to 7 minutes of play?

He's an idiot ..

"no doubt about it".

I concur. It's depressing. What an asshole.

That's what I hate most about how we play under him. I can't watch it and I don't. I have watched probably all of 3 minutes total of this season so far. Can't take it and I just change the channel. I won't even be bothering to tune in from here on out. I'm over watching Crean-coached IU BB. Sadly.

Why can't this numb nutted tangerine tard figure out all that gimmicky shit is for EA sports.
That's probably how he game-plans - playing video games.

I'm not sure how any of that surprises anybody since it has been going on for the better part of 3 years, and for the most part, since the beginning of the Crean era.

that's a set play, or better said, an option of a set play. There should always be a shooter in the opposite corner, and that pass can't be stolen unless the defender is out of bounds. We're not the only team that does it.

If the corner player can catch it in-bounds, it can be stolen in-bounds, but I get your point. The problem is if Yogi leaves his feet, headed out of bounds and the defense reads it and covers the corner shooter, there aren't a lot of options left. Lesser skilled PGs--especially, short ones--can keep their dribble there and drive under the basket and back out of traffic without ever leaving their feet. I'm not a fan of the aforementioned play.

I'm not sure how any of that surprises anybody since it has been going on for the better part of 3 years, and for the most part, since the beginning of the Crean era.

If the corner player can catch it in-bounds, it can be stolen in-bounds, but I get your point. The problem is if Yogi leaves his feet, headed out of bounds and the defense reads it and covers the corner shooter, there aren't a lot of options left. Lesser skilled PGs--especially, short ones--can keep their dribble there and drive under the basket and back out of traffic without ever leaving their feet. I'm not a fan of the aforementioned play.
Oh I don't like it either. Just sayin though, it's partly by design.

Reactions: FL33
I'm pretty sure that Crean considers himself the smartest guy in the room. Isn't that more or less why Bo Ryan calls him Tommy Basketball? That's his problem. It's OK to be an idiot so long as you're aware of your limitations and either work to improve them or accommodate them in some way. But Crean is the kind of idiot that thinks he's a genius.

Per his latest statement, the gameplan was to keep Duke off the line and he thinks we did a great job of it.........the fact that we just allowed them wide open 3s and uncontested drives to the lane seems to escape him. Of course we kept them off the line, none of our guys were anywhere near a Dukie as they attempted to score.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT