ADVERTISEMENT

Cignetti press conference after going 10-0 and then losing

secondasky

Junior
Sep 8, 2013
Here's a guy who is going to produce and contrary to the negativity about his talk on this site he has backed it up with an actual record. This will tell you something about the character of the man after a big loss. Focused and knowledgeable.

Last edited:
The man had to be crushed by that loss but handled that press conference with class and extreme composure. Pretty much 180 degrees from the fast-talk nonsense we’ve heard over and over around here. Like others, I’m high on this guy. We’ve got ourselves a real football coach.

Here's a guy who is going to produce and contrary to the negativity about his talk on this site he has backed it up with an actual record. This will tell you something about the character of the man after a big loss. Focused and knowledgeable.
I look forward to his work with Don Fischer … post game, pre game, and the weekly radio show.

Game week Mondays will be different, too.

Last edited:
Did he say "we gotta execute better, we gotta coach em up better, that's on me" then do nothing?

Listened, nope not much, refreshing.

Yeah, I like that presser. How it's done. Makes me feel good about Coach.

Last edited:
Kind of, yeah. “Poor execution and turning the ball over. The plays were there we just didn’t make ‘em. There’s some guys hurt in in the locker room, they’ve got to bounce back for next week.”
He did say that, and said needed to prepare the players better. Gave credit to App state too.
But I was joking of course, riffing on how the past season or two at Indiana that would be said, then nothing would actually improve.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Refreshing. Will be able to watch a press conference again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT