ADVERTISEMENT

Hate our helmets - and POTFB

Cream&Crimson

All-American
Apr 15, 2003
wtf is up with the helmets that you can't even make out what the sliver marking is on it? Gawd-awful choice especially for the Bucket Game. Whoever picked that should be immediately fired.

P.O.T.F.B.

Reactions: Tillman1
They can wear them every game if they keep playing like this in them.

That's something a female would bitch about. Nice work

Touché.

That said, it's something that someone who works in and has a clue about marketing and branding would bitch about. You can barely make out any branding for IU on those uniforms except the logo on the hips. You can't read what's on the helmet or the across the chest. It's just really dumb.

Touché.

That said, it's something that someone who works in and has a clue about marketing and branding would bitch about. You can barely make out any branding for IU on those uniforms except the logo on the hips. You can't read what's on the helmet or the across the chest. It's just really dumb.
Which explains why Oregon is doing so poorly not having their logo on their helmets and always changing.

JUST STUPID!!!!!!

Which explains why Oregon is doing so poorly not having their logo on their helmets and always changing.

JUST STUPID!!!!!!

Except that since its on TV, the school name is always plastered in the corner and literally everyone knows who is playing. Loved them.

Folks, I'm pretty sure this is something that was a package deal with Adidas. This is known as the "ice" trim. IU wore them this past week in Maui. This was a one time deal only for the basketball team and IU football.
635843159083482702-02-IU-Purdue-FB.jpg

Touché.

Loosen that turtleneck bubba

WOW...didn't realize this forum was full of fashion merchandising majors. Who gives a crap about branding right now. Our 'brand' is the losingest D1 football program in the NCAA. We just stomped our biggest rival AND became bowl eligible. You're gonna complain about the unis?

wtf is up with the helmets that you can't even make out what the sliver marking is on it? Gawd-awful choice especially for the Bucket Game. Whoever picked that should be immediately fired.

P.O.T.F.B.
I believe these uniforms were meant to take advantage of the rich tradition of Indiana football. The name Indiana football speaks for itself and the traditionalist enjoy seeing a team that allows its play, football heritage and national appeal to speak for itself. Not unlike Alabama and Penn State. My guess is this is perhaps the angle.

Reactions: jsenleo

P.O.T.F.B.
Totally agree....horrible....Yankees/ Alabama/ do not do this ....you could go on and on...the only angle is for addidas to sell something way out there to a minority fans who think they are "cool" and will fall for everything "new"

POTFB

WOW...didn't realize this forum was full of fashion merchandising majors. Who gives a crap about branding right now. Our 'brand' is the losingest D1 football program in the NCAA. We just stomped our biggest rival AND became bowl eligible. You're gonna complain about the unis?
If you had actually been on this board when I posted that, you would have known that I posted it prior to the game actually starting, so it wasn't a case of me choosing to bitch about the uniforms when we came off a big win, as you are apparently asserting. And you'd have also seen that I was fired up about the win. The win and the uniforms are not mutually exclusive subjects. I still stand by my opinion that the uniforms sucked and that's not an opinion from a "fashion merchandising major." And I'm also stoked that we won, beat Purdue, and are going bowling.

Go IU!

I believe these uniforms were meant to take advantage of the rich tradition of Indiana football. The name Indiana football speaks for itself and the traditionalist enjoy seeing a team that allows its play, football heritage and national appeal to speak for itself. Not unlike Alabama and Penn State. My guess is this is perhaps the angle.

Love it.

This forum needs a a good tongue-in-cheek/sarcasm emoticon because some on here never get it...

Actually, I think the angle was for CKW to show how much better looking White & Silver is when shown right next to Black & Gold.... Uhm??? I think he succeeded! (insert a halfway-serious sarcasm emoticon here)

:)

Good Guys wear white and the Bad Guys wear black. Even little kids know that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT