ADVERTISEMENT

Has patriotism in the U.S. become political?

• Thread starter anon_6hv78pr714xta
  • Start date
Ok I have to tell the story of what happened yesterday.

To begin, I've noted here and elsewhere that I absolutely hate the Cole Haan's with the white soles or really anything with white soles besides pure tennis shoes. So I'm rooting around in the walk in closet looking for something and there are about 9000 boxes of shoes. Not gonna lie, upwards of 5 of those are mine.

For Christmas my wife bought me some Johnston and Murphy loafers. Which I love to death. Really. They're great.

I had placed them on top of what I thought was the johnston and murphy box which my previous set of loafers had come in. But then I nudged it and it was heavy. Which shouldn't be the case b/c the shoes were on my feet (for reference I don't store them in the boxes but I keep the boxes. No I don't know why).

So I pop this open and sitting there are these:

first.jpg

I checked the receipt in the box. It was from September 2020. Apparently I had purchased these and then, without wearing them, developed an intense hatred for them.

So I tried them on and wore them today. Dammit they're comfortable. Shit.

Jesus Christ. I often forget the simpletoness of the psuedo-enlightened hippies in the Midwest.

Those shoes rule.

Get yourself some Biion's for summer...create your own, and then order some MILF repellent so you can get through dinner at the lake, club, beach, or pool (assuming you're into chicks, but not meaning to be offensive by assuming you're a dude, or that you're a dude that's into chicks), without interruptions.

Jesus Christ. I often forget the simpletoness of the psuedo-enlightened hippies in the Midwest.

Those shoes rule.

Get yourself some Biion's for summer...create your own, and then order some MILF repellent so you can get through dinner at the lake, club, beach, or pool (assuming you're into chicks, but not meaning to be offensive by assuming you're a dude, or that you're a dude that's into chicks), without interruptions.
That’s cute calling others simpletons at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

Those shoes rule.

Biions are awful. I already have a MILF at home and she’s even four years older than I am. The golden age difference where it’s appropriately dirty.

Also, you claim Dallas. Fly over country is fly over country.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Biions are awful. I already have a MILF at home and she’s even four years older than I am. The golden age difference where it’s appropriately dirty.

Also, you claim Dallas. Fly over country is fly over country.
I'm supposed to wear these with my flatbill cap and lulus?

I'm supposed to wear these with my flatbill cap and lulus?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Roll w these at the pool, even w the flatbill.

Reactions: larsIU
Biden is coming around. He was carrying a MAGA hat up the steps to Air force 1 today. I think maybe Orbrador gave it to him as a gift on his trip to Mexico.

Reactions: Crayfish57
sadly... I have stopped wearing my red IU baseball cap, since at first glance, wearing any red hat makes you look like a MAGA Klansman.
If thats why you won’t wear an IU cap, you are one weak-minded pathecic individual. Not surprising you are a liberal Democrat. The cap is on your head, not a Trump head. I bet you think ignore buttons are useful things.

I saw these cool Americana caps (Aloha, thought of you on the 1812 cap):

I'd like to buy one. But where I live, I have to think about looking MAGA, which is sad.

I already wear a South Bend Cubs hat with the logo of the bear in stars and stripes, and I get looks from people. I think it started in 2020 after the George Floyd incident and protests, and it seems to me that in certain deep blue areas, patriotism is now frowned upon. I think the woke (or call them those heavily invested in the the current social justice movement if you hate the term) frown upon patriotism, and so do a lot of young people. (By the way, I'm not accusing anyone on here of being ashamed of the U.S. or frowning upon patriotism and don't think anyone does).

There are a lot of reasons to be critical of the U.S. past and present (and each party's policies and actions are to blame), and I am critical of it. But I still identify as an American.

I think I like the hat that says "Liberty" in the crescent the best, in terms of style and symbol. But two things make me pause: (1) Liberty has become the buzz word of the anti-maskers to such an extent some of the left seem to openly mock the term; and (2) the symbol was created and used by American Revolutionaries in South Carolina--so they were fighting for liberty while simultaneously supporting a system of slavery. That bothers me, although I guess it's a great reminder of the contradiction at the heart of the U.S. founding.

This is something that I experienced two weekends ago at the Rolex Sail Grand Prix Chicago. I went down to watch it and there was a place where you could buy ridiculously overpriced “stuff”. A cap was $50. And I saw people walking around with New Zealand, Australia, UK, and every other team that was there. There were obviously a lot of people wearing American hats too, but I was hesitant to buy a cap for that reason, which is tragic.

I ended up thinking…why am I letting these idiots define who is American? So I bought one and wore it proudly. I’m tired of Trumpian, Boebertian, Taylor-Greenians, etc. telling/dictating to the rest of us who are “real” Americans or “patriots”.

I know damned well Aloha, Rockport Zebra, Cajun, and some others who I’m not politically aligned with are patriots. Some others, who scream the loudest, I’m not so sure.

This is something that I experienced two weekends ago at the Rolex Sail Grand Prix Chicago. I went down to watch it and there was a place where you could buy ridiculously overpriced “stuff”. A cap was $50. And I saw people walking around with New Zealand, Australia, UK, and every other team that was there. There were obviously a lot of people wearing American hats too, but I was hesitant to buy a cap for that reason, which is tragic.

I ended up thinking…why am I letting these idiots define who is American? So I bought one and wore it proudly. I’m tired of Trumpian, Boebertian, Taylor-Greenians, etc. telling/dictating to the rest of us who are “real” Americans or “patriots”.

I know damned well Aloha, Rockport Zebra, Cajun, and some others who I’m not politically aligned with are patriots. Some others, who scream the loudest, I’m not so sure.
In your skechers?!!! Did you get punched? If you didn’t I don’t believe your story.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and snarlcakes
In your sketchers?!!! Did you get punched? If you didn’t I don’t believe your story.
Sketchers are your world, not mine. And here was the event, moron:

But, then again, you’d have to be in a world class city to see something like this. It doesn’t happen in Missouri. Plus, the black people would terrify you.

Sketchers are your world, not mine. And here was the event, moron:

But, then again, you’d have to be in a world class city to see something like this. It doesn’t happen in Missouri. Plus, the black people would terrify you.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I have also decided to not let MAGA scum set the standards for what is acceptable.

They want to put out 20 flags in their yard for the 4th of July, with (not surprisingly) 20 violations of the flag code, since they don't take them down at dusk and they don't illuminate them.

I will put out my one well-illuminated flag, and display it proudly. I will also wear my Reds cap or my IU cap, proudly, whenever I feel like it. if someone remarks that my hat looks like MAGA hat, I will tell them that I am not a member of that gang of a$sholes.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and DrHoops
I have also decided to not let MAGA scum set the standards for what is acceptable.

They want to put out 20 flags in their yard for the 4th of July, with (not surprisingly) 20 violations of the flag code, since they don't take them down at dusk and they don't illuminate them.

I will put out my one well-illuminated flag, and display it proudly. I will also wear my Reds cap or my IU cap, proudly, whenever I feel like it. if someone remarks that my hat looks like MAGA hat, I will tell them that I am not a member of that gang of a$sholes.
They love America, as long as it’s their way.

Your stories lately have been really inspiring. I’m glad you were able to overcome MAGA and buy the hat. Stay strong my friend.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66

Atta boy, Bob!
Bill Murray Nw GIF

• Haha
Got damn, when you mean business, you really bring the fire don't ya ? I can't imagine them MAGA's not runnin for mercy. God save the Ayatollah .

• Haha
Three years ago, Kapernick and his cronies browbeat Nike into halting production of their Betsy Ross shoe with an American flag so I’d say you’re right.
Examples from nuts on both ends but the magas have made it an art form. Hell they have their own lines from Under Armor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT