ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard's Case Study for Problems in Broader Colleges and Universities

How would colleges face the downside of loans that could be discharged in BK? Schools don't loan the money out.

I agree, though, that it would make sense to tie incentives better between school and student. I worry, though, that it might lead to a lot of unintended, unforeseen consequences.
The incentive to decrease costs would be enforced by banks not being willing to give out $100k loans for philosophy degrees.

How would colleges face the downside of loans that could be discharged in BK? Schools don't loan the money out.

I agree, though, that it would make sense to tie incentives better between school and student. I worry, though, that it might lead to a lot of unintended, unforeseen consequences.
We should probably go back and look at the cost of college and see when it started to significantly increase….then see if anything changed in the process that might have had an effect

We should probably go back and look at the cost of college and see when it started to significantly increase….then see if anything changed in the process that might have had an effect
My daughter is a freshman at IU now. She has a normal 2 person dorm room with bathrooms on the hall. Most all her friends have suites and apartment type dorms. It’s insane to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT