ADVERTISEMENT

"Harry Connick Jr's house." "Good work."

Aloha Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
Like Harry Connick Jr. or not, these are a couple of good lines from the show "Preacher." I've watched it from the beginning and actually started to lose interest, but the shows this season have been very entertaining and witty. If you haven't watched it, you might want to try it.

By the way, the point of the subject line is that the bad guys, if they're really the bad guys, redirected a missile from killing the "good guys" to inflict minimal damage.

Like Harry Connick Jr. or not, these are a couple of good lines from the show "Preacher." I've watched it from the beginning and actually started to lose interest, but the shows this season have been very entertaining and witty. If you haven't watched it, you might want to try it.

By the way, the point of the subject line is that the bad guys, if they're really the bad guys, redirected a missile from killing the "good guys" to inflict minimal damage.

Apparently it's based on a comic book series. It's best when it's ultra-violent- kind of like a great comic book series that involves superheroes. The scene on the plane involving Cassidy was insanely good in season 1, episode 1.

The whole episode of Season 1 episode 1 was epic. Then it kind of faded away. This season (season 2) is really, really good. And it's because it is more like season 1, episode 1. At the end of every episode this season, my wife says "damn!", because it leaves you wanting more. A hallmark of a good series episode. This season is a lot like Fargo in this regard.

I also enjoyed the "torture room" scene in the New Orleans mansion this year. It was very well done.

I'm with Aloha on this one. You need to check out this series. It's well worth it- if you can get past season 1. But, without season 1, you'd lack the back story for this season. And this season is well worth the watch. Kind of sad it ends soon.

"I'm with Aloha on this one."

You say this like you wouldn't be with me on much. I bet that is wrong. ;)

It's a heck of a series and Seth Rogan is doing good work with it.

I too lost interest about 1/3 through Season 1. But the few times I've caught bits of Season 2 have been entertaining. The scenes with Hitler in Hell were great and I did see the torture scene too (which was excellent). I love their ability to inject humor into the oddest scenes.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Like I tell those close to me that tend to lean a different direction politically than I do- if we start with what we agree upon first, and ignore the labels, we will find together that we agree on much more than we disagree on, for almost every topic/issue.

And, I'd bet you and I tend to be a lot closer on issues than we'd both realize.

That's the problem with politics- it's become tribalized, and talking about issues using labels first while ignoring principles leads to unnecessary disagreements. And the hardening of positions. And eventually, ad hominem attacks or moving the goal posts on the initial discussion.

But NONE of that ever happens here, does it? ;). And sadly, I'm just as guilty as others (if not more, at times) of engaging in counter-productive discussions.

And yes, I'm very pleased with the way this season has developed. Looking forward to the season finale soon. It's been a helluva ride this season.

Thanks Aloha. I started watching it today -- binge watching!

Quite the motley crew of characters. May not be everyone's cup of tea -- a tad sacrilegious of a few here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Thanks Aloha. I started watching it today -- binge watching!

Quite the motley crew of characters. May not be everyone's cup of tea -- a tad sacrilegious of a few here.

No more so than the jokers in the "religious right" that continuebtobmake excuses for Trump ;)

Jerry Falwell jr. is on record as saying that Trump had more "sources" for his comment that Trump had a basis for saying that there were good people among the alt-right/Nadia/white supremacist demonstrators.

And don't forget the other guy that said that Trump has a mandate from god to kill others in other parts of the world.

Truthfully, the religious right is morally and spiritually bankrupt right now, and has been for quite a while. If anyone should've condemned his Charlottesville false equivalency, it would've been the pastors/preachers at the mega churches. Instead, we mostly see support for Trump's ridiculous (and harmful) position.

This series really kind of makes one ask many questions about religion, primarily who are the "good guys" and the "bad guys", and why are they viewed that way? I still haven't figured out who is who in this series, and we're closing in on the end of season 2. It also makes you examine whether someone can be good, if they do bad things to achieve a "good" result. Hopefully someone much smarter than me can write a piece after this season is over exploring some of these topics. It would be a fascinating read for sure.

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT