ADVERTISEMENT

Harris vs. Trump 2024

Reactions: BCCHoosier
What in the hell are they thinking by bringing Liz Cheney, one of the world's biggest warmongers, out onto the campaign trail?

It's not like that at all.

The goal of betting is to win money, not support your favorite team/candidate.
I could easily make an argument crypto people are incentivized to bet on Harris. If Trump wins people owning crypto are most likely going to already make a good amount of money. Taking Harris to win, at good odds, would be a smart hedge if you thought it was a true coin flip.

It’s not the “bishops” forbidding it.

It’s in the Ordnung. Thats been their way of life for hundreds of years.
In Daviess & Martin County Indiana the Bishops make many of the rules. I’ll give you some examples. This would have been when I was in my teens. I could give you many more.

Some Bishops allowed rubber tires on tractors, some didn’t. Some bishops allowed a one row corn picker pulled by a tractor but run by a gas engine. Others made the folks shuck their corn at harvest (I’ve worked that job). Some bishops allowed phone booths in the barnyard. Some allowed the phone booth in the barnyard with the phone connected to a ringer in the house.

My parents were raised Amish part of their lives. I lived my entire youth in the middle of the Amish with Amish neighbors on all sides and interacted daily.

To this day I’d guess my office has far more than 1,500 Amish clients. I’ve seen more stuff than you can imagine. One of the clients is my Amish neighbor that I asked him he was going to jump out of the car if Christ returned while I was speeding towards Vincennes with him in the car. I was at an Amish wake a few months ago. He and I sat for 30 minutes talking about old times. I reminded him when he fetched my brother out of his hog sh!t pit and saved him from drowning. He loved it when I reminded him about paying me a penny for every nail I pulled out of a bunch of old lumber he bought. 10-15 others guys were gathered around laughing at the stories. I didn’t remind him about the car story. 😂 Not the time or place. 😂

In Daviess & Martin County Indiana the Bishops make many of the rules. I’ll give you some examples. This would have been when I was in my teens. I could give you many more.

Some Bishops allowed rubber tires on tractors, some didn’t. Some bishops allowed a one row corn picker pulled by a tractor but run by a gas engine. Others made the folks shuck their corn at harvest (I’ve worked that job). Some bishops allowed phone booths in the barnyard. Some allowed the phone booth in the barnyard with the phone connected to a ringer in the house.

My parents were raised Amish part of their lives. I lived my entire youth in the middle of the Amish with Amish neighbors on all sides and interacted daily.

To this day I’d guess my office has far more than 1,500 Amish clients. I’ve seen more stuff than you can imagine. One of the clients is my Amish neighbor that I asked him he was going to jump out of the car if Christ returned while I was speeding towards Vincennes with him in the car. I was at an Amish wake a few months ago. He and I sat for 30 minutes talking about old times. I reminded him when he fetched my brother out of his hog sh!t pit and saved him from drowning. He loved it when I reminded him about paying me a penny for every nail I pulled out of a bunch of old lumber he bought. 10-15 others guys were gathered around laughing at the stories. I didn’t remind him about the car story. 😂 Not the time or place. 😂
great stuff

I could write a book. Using the Bible as the authority for making dumb man made rules caused me and many others in my generation to be conflicted. Christ, I am now in my sixties and still conflicted.
How’s your new wife like the Amish? Had she had experience with them before?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT