ADVERTISEMENT

Harris raises over $50M is small donations

In the debate she should thank Trump for the $5000+ he gave to her in 2011 for her political campaign and that he helped play a small part getting her to the top.

Last edited:
As of June 1, Trump had raised $38 million in small campaign donations, although not in a single afternoon, and $196 million in large donations. This was before the $45 million per month pledged by Elon Musk.

Playing the long game back in 2011?

If this is even real, you give him entirely to much credit.

It’s not about giving credit. The point is, she can’t play those cards if he was a willing donor to her election.

I don’t know if that check is real but I’ve seen from a few places that he had donated to her.

Reactions: 76-1 and dbmhoosier
It’s not about giving credit. The point is, she can’t play those cards if he was a willing donor to her election.

I don’t know if that check is real but I’ve seen from a few places that he had donated to her.

Sure, I agree she can't use that card, but to act like it was some stroke of genius he did that 13 YEARS ago isn't being truthful.

If I'm in the Harris camp, and that check is real, that's a lifeline to me. If and when Trump starts in on her about how bad she's been politically, all she has to do is point to that check and ask him why did he donate to her campaign then.

This check, IMO, is better for her then him.

Remember, that much of the fundraising claims are simply restarts and catchups from the donors that withheld until Biden stepped away. Not new money

Never said that was the original plan back in 2011. But he's always written these checks just in case.
If this was just to get a leg up politically (which I highly doubt), then it isn't really proof of not being a racist.

Of course there is a high probability that the image is fake.

Trump often refuses to pay his contractors and attorneys but makes random campaign contributions to people in other states and on the other political party....sure

Reactions: jestyles
If this was just to get a leg up politically (which I highly doubt), then it isn't really proof of not being a racist.

Of course there is a high probability that the image is fake.

Trump often refuses to pay his contractors and attorneys but makes random campaign contributions to people in other states and on the other political party....sure
I'm old enough to remember when Trump was a dem and Joe Scarborough was a republican congressman.

Trump has changed Party affiliation nearly half a dozen times, including points in time when he was neither R or D. With business interests in California why not throw a little cash at the sitting attorney general? He probably donated to her opponent too.

That’s just silly. One donation doesn’t undo his current remarks and sexist posts about her. Of course she will call him on it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Remember, that much of the fundraising claims are simply restarts and catchups from the donors that withheld until Biden stepped away. Not new money

So her first official act in her campaign is a lie. And useful idiots like Zeke and the NY Times are only happy to repeat it. The difference is...the NT Times knows better.

Over $81M in 24 hrs and Dems are rallying huge around her. Biden just flipped this election on its head, and if this works, he'll be remembered as saving Democracy twice.

So her first official act in her campaign is a lie. And useful idiots like Zeke and the NY Times are only happy to repeat it. The difference is...the NT Times knows better.
Because one poster says that, this is what you believe. Speaking of useful idiots. Lol And don’t pretend to be concerned with lies, even though she didn’t.

Because one poster says that, this is what you believe. Speaking of useful idiots. Lol And don’t pretend to be concerned with lies, even though she didn’t.
If you think about it MAGA are just repeating what was said about Trump and MAGA over the last ten years, and have been since Biden was elected. We can all think of numerous examples.

It's basically a bumpkin version of I know you are but what am I. Biden Crime Family was originally Trump Crime Family. cult, sheep, too old ..etc ... Useful idiot was something that was commonly used by the left to describe Trump's relationship with Putin.

The common clay of the new West are always behind the times and do nothing more than copy popular trends made by others after they're long outdated. They also tend to be easily trained to repeat almost anything through nothing more than repetition and familiarity.

btw - Trump is too old and senile to be our president. Pass it on... vbg

Last edited:
Sure, I agree she can't use that card, but to act like it was some stroke of genius he did that 13 YEARS ago isn't being truthful.

If I'm in the Harris camp, and that check is real, that's a lifeline to me. If and when Trump starts in on her about how bad she's been politically, all she has to do is point to that check and ask him why did he donate to her campaign then.

This check, IMO, is better for her then him.
Not really... He could easily rebuttal----"I had no idea at the time, youd be this bad. I was simply trying to help and encourage a young, and seemingly bright, vibrant, young woman of color."

Reactions: JBT Assoc
As of June 1, Trump had raised $38 million in small campaign donations, although not in a single afternoon, and $196 million in large donations. This was before the $45 million per month pledged by Elon Musk.
Trump campaign can only control campaign funds. The total contribution limit per donor is $3300. Musk’s pledge is to unaffiliated PAC which can support political causes without any coordination with the political candidates. Anyway two different things.

This all reflects a pitfall that pretty much everyone falls into, but which is particularly hard to avoid when your side of the partisan divide controls most of the media: playing to those within your coalition rather than those who you might be able to drag into it. All of the winking, self-impressed meme politics going on right now are useful if you want to win the day on Bluesky but profoundly useless if you want to herd many of our dumbest voters onto the Democratic party’s pasture. If Harris is going to win, the absolute last thing she should do is to run a meme candidacy like that presided over by Robbie Mook in 2016, where Hillary’s agenda took a back seat to a never-ending procession of glamorous celebrity photo ops and a wince-inducing attempt to make the candidate into America's cool grandma. In many ways, during the 2016 general election it felt like the primary never ended for the Democrats, the party seemingly certain (as I was) that Trump could not win and Hillary determined to match Barack Obama in inspiring the base, which was simply not what she needed to be focusing on. These strategic mistakes were not the reason that Hillary lost, but they played directly into her biggest weakness, which was how her underlying unpopularity fit squarely into the perception that Democrats came from a different strata of life than swing voters. You can’t fix that by disappearing further up the ass of popular culture. (If you’re over the age of 25 and you catch yourself earnestly discussing whether something is “brat,” please find Jesus. Or heroin. Or Dianetics. Whatever it takes to change your life.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT