ADVERTISEMENT

Harrell fired by Purdue

Very enjoyable to watch their program implode again.

I've watched a lot of Purdue football games over the year, At least a portion of most every game since games began to be regularly televised. And I've missed only a few IU games that were televised. And I believe their first half against ND was the most brutal half I've seen for either program.

The two for IU that were most similar were the first half v. Nebraska in '73? when Corso was here, and the 2nd half of the Wisconsin game when BB ran it up on Lynch with 80+ points. But I don't think they quite matched the level of Purdue futility v. ND. Nebraska looked amazing that day v. IU. I've never seen an OL that looked that physically imposing. And I.M. Hipp looked like the greatest TB that ever played college football. So I didn't feel at the time that it was a case of IU not showing up, although it might have been more discouraging because we just didn't look like we were playing the same game. As far as the Wisconsin game, it was just the extent of the carnage. We knew we were horrible and a 50 point loss would not have surprised.

I've watched a lot of Purdue football games over the year, At least a portion of most every game since games began to be regularly televised. And I've missed only a few IU games that were televised. And I believe their first half against ND was the most brutal half I've seen for either program.

The two for IU that were most similar were the first half v. Nebraska in '73? when Corso was here, and the 2nd half of the Wisconsin game when BB ran it up on Lynch with 80+ points. But I don't think they quite matched the level of Purdue futility v. ND. Nebraska looked amazing that day v. IU. I've never seen an OL that looked that physically imposing. And I.M. Hipp looked like the greatest TB that ever played college football. So I didn't feel at the time that it was a case of IU not showing up, although it might have been more discouraging because we just didn't look like we were playing the same game. As far as the Wisconsin game, it was just the extent of the carnage. We knew we were horrible and a 50 point loss would not have surprised.
Nice thing about it is, get a good coach and it can look better again next year.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
After extension, this has 6.6 mil with bonuses. So first, confirms they could pay 7 mil in 2024. They were close 5 years ago. But let’s say he made a base of 5 mil. Per the same article, that would be 14th, which is close to top 10 money.

No. They paid $6.6M in 2019 w/ one-time retention bonuses (basically catch-up for previous years where he didn't make much), and then after 2019 he made around $5M/yr through 2022. If he would have stayed his comp would have increased to $5.5M over a few years.

Brohm made about $5M/yr at PU. Not close to $7M, and not close to the current top-10.

No. They paid $6.6M in 2019 w/ one-time retention bonuses (basically catch-up for previous years where he didn't make much), and then after 2019 he made around $5M/yr through 2022. If he would have stayed his comp would have increased to $5.5M over a few years.

Brohm made about $5M/yr at PU. Not close to $7M, and not close to the current top-10.
Gilligan struggles mathing

Sure and 5 mil was 14th highest in 2019. So Purdue has shown they will pay top 10-20 money.

Gilligan struggles mathing
How did I struggle to math? I wasn’t trying to compare 5 mil to 7 mil. Thought that was pretty obvious. I get it. You want to believe Purdue is a poverty program that can’t pay more than 4 mil and has terrible facilities, support staff, and no plans to improve anything.

Sure and 5 mil was 14th highest in 2019. So Purdue has shown they will pay top 10-20 money.
The more relevant time period is last year, and the $5M and change you would have paid Brohm if he stayed would be 30th or so. We’ll see what mighty Purdoo does with Walters and the next hire.

Reactions: 76-1
The more relevant time period is last year, and the $5M and change you would have paid Brohm if he stayed would be 30th or so. We’ll see what mighty Purdoo does with Walters and the next hire.
Sure. Purdue had two options and chose cheap. That shouldn’t be an option this time around. The money is there if they decide to spend.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT