ADVERTISEMENT

Harrell fired by Purdue

Yup. The offseason prior, he went to a Louisville booster meeting and announced he was planning to coach Louisville soon. Then once the Brohm family got satterfield to leave, it was a done deal. Purdue had a year to prep, they just decided not to pay a good coach…. Big ten championship game was horrible timing.
And now the script is flipped. IU has the better coach and program. With our new president committed, I expect that to continue. IU was always somewhat of a sleeping giant (the state school, beautiful campus, Lake Monroe, coeds, alum money, cool town) but past administrations never saw the potential financial ramifications of a winner (alumni donations). Seemed like they were satisfied with BB. Purdue took most of the good Indiana players that ND didn't want. That's partly how Purdue has survived all these years. State isn't big enough recruit wise to satisfy three schools. Now it's up to the school to come through on more upgraded facilities. I've always seen Purdue as a stepping stone school and sadly IU as career ender. Don't know what the final W-L record will be this year but the foundation is being built.

Reactions: red hornet
And now the script is flipped. IU has the better coach and program. With our new president committed, I expect that to continue. IU was always somewhat of a sleeping giant (the state school, beautiful campus, Lake Monroe, coeds, alum money, cool town) but past administrations never saw the potential financial ramifications of a winner (alumni donations). Seemed like they were satisfied with BB. Purdue took most of the good Indiana players that ND didn't want. That's partly how Purdue has survived all these years. State isn't big enough recruit wise to satisfy three schools. Now it's up to the school to come through on more upgraded facilities. I've always seen Purdue as a stepping stone school and sadly IU as career ender. Don't know what the final W-L record will be this year but the foundation is being built.
Yeah things can change quickly. I’m not getting overconfident yet. I like what I’ve seen. Let’s see if the recruits do.

Reactions: red hornet
Yeah things can change quickly. I’m not getting overconfident yet. I like what I’ve seen. Let’s see if the recruits do.

What would there be for recruits NOT to like?
It is obvious that CCC has loyalty from his staff since that all came with him and most have been with him for an extended time.
It is obvious that the players like playing for him as evidenced by how many players came with him from JMU.
Hell, I would like to play for him but alas I have no eligibility left! :D

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT