ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to believe, coach DeBoer has lost two QB commits in 2024 class

I prefer the regional conferences: call me old fashioned. How much money does a conference need? Greed doesn't have to be the bottom line for everything.
Truth be known, greed is the pipeline supply to happiness. Don’t try and kid yourself otherwise. The aggressive ones, the ones who get there early, get the worm. It’s survival of the fittest in a pack of dogs willing to eat each other if that’s what it all comes down to…doing what it takes to get ahead. Advertising that the meek shall inherit the earth was a ruse to give the less aggressive false hope while wallowing in despair. Money speaks the language of greed and is why greed is seen everywhere. The accumulation of wealth is the drug of security. I wish it wasn’t so but it is and is why one needn’t look far to see it.

• Sad
Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
Truth be known, greed is the pipeline supply to happiness. Don’t try and kid yourself otherwise. The aggressive ones, the ones who get there early, get the worm. It’s survival of the fittest in a pack of dogs willing to eat each other if that’s what it all comes down to…doing what it takes to get ahead. Advertising that the meek shall inherit the earth was a ruse to give the less aggressive false hope while wallowing in despair. Money speaks the language of greed and is why greed is seen everywhere. The accumulation of wealth is the drug of security. I wish it wasn’t so but it is and is why one needn’t look far to see it.

Well said Gordon Gekko.... What branch of the Gemstone family are you from?

Last edited:

Only one slight disagreement regarding “the meek shall inherit the earth” interpretation.

I believe the intent of that was to convey that those who suffer /toil on earth during their lifetimes, they will all have power restored in the “new earth” or God’s kingdom. Their riches will be revealed to them after life on this earth.

Reactions: ESalum86
Only one slight disagreement regarding “the meek shall inherit the earth” interpretation.

I believe the intent of that was to convey that those who suffer /toil on earth during their lifetimes, they will all have power restored in the “new earth” or God’s kingdom. Their riches will be revealed to them after life on this earth.
Fair enough. I never argue with another one's personal beliefs. It's whatever gets you through the day without harming yourself or others.

Reactions: jsenleo
I love how people like you think you can ignore human nature. You can ignore reality but reality doesn't ignore you. So keep playing the fool.

Whoa there "Francis"... Sounds like you're reading way more into this than just a joke... but I'm not surprised, you've never sounded intelligent.

Reactions: muubell
It is sorry to hear you buy into the false story that money buys happiness. It seems the less wealthy are happier people as they don't worry about losing all their wealth or how to hang on to it. My family hasn't chased wealth yet we are happen with our station in life. Would more money have made our life easier, yes but easier doesn't mean happier. Often struggle, in small measures lead to happiness. I wouldn't trade my life for more money and there are many of us like that.

It is sorry to hear you buy into the false story that money buys happiness. It seems the less wealthy are happier people as they don't worry about losing all their wealth or how to hang on to it. My family hasn't chased wealth yet we are happen with our station in life. Would more money have made our life easier, yes but easier doesn't mean happier. Often struggle, in small measures lead to happiness. I wouldn't trade my life for more money and there are many of us like that.
It’s Man’s nature to be aggressive and for some that carries over into bulging portfolios, the size of the pouch, packaged as “good box”. For others, they toil longer but eventually find their way.

Happiness comes in many forms, some not easily recognized.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT