ADVERTISEMENT

Green

Kyser123

Sophomore
Feb 16, 2019
In 40 years of watching IU hoops , I don’t recall a player who can be so good one day, and so bad on another. When he’s on , he’s game changing , but when he’s off , game changing as well. Hopefully good Devonte rest of the game.

In 40 years of watching IU hoops , I don’t recall a player who can be so good one day, and so bad on another. When he’s on , he’s game changing , but when he’s off , game changing as well. Hopefully good Devonte rest of the game.
We got some good and bad this half. Thought maybe he was going to hit that long shot at the end since he did it last game though it didn't count. lol

Archie sat Green at end of the game, and won the game.
So minor modification to your original mantra. Now its "sit Green at end of fame"="win game". 10 points and 3 assists today. Yeah he is inconsistent. We get it. Cant say he had a bad game today. May not have won without him.

Last edited:
I agree mostly, but your memory is failing you … one word "Verdell"

Green is like the old Nursery Rhyme about the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead. When he's good, he's very, very good, but when he is bad he is horrid. Unfortunately, you can't determine which one it is unless you put him on the Court and play some minutes.

Green is the one guy on this team that is going to decide Archie’s future. Good Green, Archie stays. Bad Green, Archie goes. Helluva predicament for the coach, but he partly created the situation by leaving 2 open schollies.

Durham was worse than Green in the 2nd half. How many TOs did he have in the 2nd half? . I can think of 4 off the top of my head. A junior starting guard, at home. No excuse for his terrible passing.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Idk if it showed on TV or not...but Green got taken out after Al threw that high ghost pass out of bounds...I wondered if that was to Green if he’d quit on his cut or something making the pass look like Al was clueless...

Then did tv show when Green came in and IU had 6 guys on the court as PnSt was ready to shoot freethrows...I cant remember last time Ive seen that in a college game...lucky the hadnt handed the ball to freethrow shooter and frantically Archie was able to get someone off the court

Durham was worse than Green in the 2nd half. How many TOs did he have in the 2nd half? . I can think of 4 off the top of my head. A junior starting guard, at home. No excuse for his terrible passing.
Agreed. And I read his post game comments about how they’ve been taking care of the ball. He was very loose with the ball.

Green is like the old Nursery Rhyme about the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead. When he's good, he's very, very good, but when he is bad he is horrid. Unfortunately, you can't determine which one it is unless you put him on the Court and play some minutes.
You can not risk horrid Green surfacing at the end of a close game, Green must sit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT