ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest/worst experiences as a fan.

Best IU Football 1A - 9/17/1994 - IU at Kentucky - Alex Smith goes for 221 - IU wins 59-29 and it wasn't that close.
Best IU Football 1B - 11/17/2007 - Austin Starr Wins the Bucket Game - IU plays 13 for Hep

Best IU Basketball - 1987 NCAA Championship game - never thought that team could win it - and they just kept winning

Reactions: Radio Zero and 76-1
The best game I attended ofcourse being a Colts season ticket holder is the 2006 afc championship game against the Pats! Ive never been in a place so loud! Rated one of the best ever games in nfl history! I also attended the 2007 Bucket game, but that doesnt compare to the Colts game!

the worst game I attended was the Colts/Steelers 2004 playoff game! Close 2nd was the cheatn Pats 2001 game I think( when Willie mcginnis faked injury). Ive attended so many bad IU football games over the years theyve mostly are a blur to me since I was usually hammered, the shlacking we took from Wisc a few years ago when they put up 70pts rings a bell!

As far as the worst game ever, was my final high school game in the 1st round of the sectionals against our rivals Southport hs! I was injured all season with a dislocated knee injury and probly could have played but coaches held me out! As a senior against our rivals, I was extremely pissed off, because we ended up losing 7-6 thanks to a last second fg shank! This was a team we whooped by 30pts in the regular season! If we woulda won we woulda played James Banks and Ben Davis! I still have nightmares about that night and have never forgiven the coaches for keeping me out!

Reactions: Radio Zero
If coach had put you in, you'd have won state.

giphy.gif

LOL
If coach had put you in, you'd have won state.
Lol.

The coach just saved them a whooping by Banks & Ben Davis. Those guys were good. Not "2003 Warren Central 50-0 halftime lead over Penn in the Finals" good, but a really good team.

Speaking of, there was a great photo from the State Finals that year with Banks at DB lined up against Jeff Samardzija at WR for Valpo. Just two kids oozing talent. One became a TD monster for ND and the other shot himself in the foot in the biggest ways possible.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
LOL

Lol.

The coach just saved them a whooping by Banks & Ben Davis. Those guys were good. Not "2003 Warren Central 50-0 halftime lead over Penn in the Finals" good, but a really good team.

Speaking of, there was a great photo from the State Finals that year with Banks at DB lined up against Jeff Samardzija at WR for Valpo. Just two kids oozing talent. One became a TD monster for ND and the other shot himself in the foot in the biggest ways possible.

we felt like we could beat that team! We beat them in the offseason camps and 7 vs 7 tournaments! I think they ended up whipping southport 50-0! I think CTA was with them then too!

Funny you mention NC State in 2000. My dad and I came down for that game. We had just gotten to our seats when his chest start hurting him. Fortunately he was able to walk back down to the tunnel and I ran for an employee on a golf cart I spotted. He ended up in the hospital in Bloomington with a heart attack. He survived, and a pretty nurse just getting off her shift gave me a lift back to our car near Memorial Stadium.

Definitely the worst "game experience" I've ever had as a person.
then she gave you buck buck in the whip?

• Haha
Reactions: Radio Zero
I can point directly to the single, greatest 9 month period as an IU fan bar none:

April 1987 - November 1987

National champs in b-ball. Beat OSU and then Michigan in same football season 7 months later. Played for the Rose Bowl.

Would be hard pressed to find any other stretch where both major men’s sports were achieving at a high level.

I remember that stretch of time thinking how surreal it was.

I can point directly to the single, greatest 9 month period as an IU fan bar none:

National champs in b-ball. Beat OSU and then Michigan in same football season 7 months later. Played for the Rose Bowl.

Would be hard pressed to find any other stretch where both major men’s sports were achieving at a high level.

Had PED testing been a thing at that time, IU would have had a national championship in April, and been playing in the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day.

Exactly right!

I had a period like that in '81-'82. Hoosiers won the title. Dodgers won the WS. At that time the Colts had not come here, so I was a Bengals fan then and they made a completely unexpected run to the Super Bowl.

I had a period like that in '81-'82. Hoosiers won the title. Dodgers won the WS. At that time the Colts had not come here, so I was a Bengals fan then and they made a completely unexpected run to the Super Bowl.

I was a big Dodgers fan back from the days of Steve Garvey, Ron Cey, Davey Lopes. I thought I may have been the only person in the entire state who was a Dodgers fan at the time. I was surrounded by Reds and Cardinals fans though, I do know that.

Reactions: 13thman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT