ADVERTISEMENT

Great read from the Chicago Tribune

davegolf

All-American
Sep 18, 2001
"It's obvious the American political system is breaking down. It's been crumbling for some time now, and the establishment elite know it and they're properly frightened. Donald Trump, the vulgarian at their gates, is a symptom, not a cause. Hillary Clinton and husband Bill are both cause and effect."

"FBI director James Comey's announcement about the renewed Clinton email investigation is the bombshell in the presidential campaign. That he announced this so close to Election Day should tell every thinking person that what the FBI is looking at is extremely serious."

...." If ruling Democrats hold themselves to the high moral standards they impose on the people they govern, they would follow a simple process:

They would demand that Mrs. Clinton step down, immediately, and let her vice presidential nominee, Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia, stand in her place.

Democrats should say, honestly, that with a new criminal investigation going on into events around her home-brew email server from the time she was secretary of state, having Clinton anywhere near the White House is just not a good idea."

A bulwark in the mainstream print says what a lot of us have been thinking for a long time. It says exactly what I said about "conscience" and high moral standards and the rule of the law. I was called cuckoo! Democrats are good people and it is time for them to take a stand on the moral high ground instead of criticizing the messenger. This is not NewsMax or Drudge speaking it is the Chicago Tribune in print since 1847.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/

Reactions: Lucy01
650,000 e-mails WOW,I see why all you lawyers on the board defend democrats, Its job security

650,000 e-mails WOW,I see why all you lawyers on the board defend democrats, Its job security

IIRC that includes Wiener's,on the same laptop.And just for perspective,I am not in govt and probably have written less than 300 personal emails.But my inbox on MSN has over 100,000 emails on it right now,and that's 1 of about 4 or 5 email accounts I have...

IIRC that includes Wiener's,on the same laptop.And just for perspective,I am not in govt and probably have written less than 300 personal emails.But my inbox on MSN has over 100,000 emails on it right now,and that's 1 of about 4 or 5 email accounts I have...
Ok let's go with say 250000 e-mails and trash 400000 is that fair enough

Trump has major flaws in his character. Hillary has major flaws in her soul. That is why I could not in good conscience vote for either.
I'm not asking this to be glib, but what does that even mean? Major flaws in her soul? Could you please explain that.

It may be more about Huma than HRC. But if I'm HRC the last thing I'd want is Huma being under the gun and facing something. Worst case scenario for HRC would be if Huma was using some other account to document stuff for her own protection. I said in another thread that the only way Hillary gets any dirt on her here is if a John Dean character emerges. If Huma ends up in serious jeopardy here for something, it might be a Jane Dean instead.

"It's obvious the American political system is breaking down. It's been crumbling for some time now, and the establishment elite know it and they're properly frightened. Donald Trump, the vulgarian at their gates, is a symptom, not a cause. Hillary Clinton and husband Bill are both cause and effect."

"FBI director James Comey's announcement about the renewed Clinton email investigation is the bombshell in the presidential campaign. That he announced this so close to Election Day should tell every thinking person that what the FBI is looking at is extremely serious."

...." If ruling Democrats hold themselves to the high moral standards they impose on the people they govern, they would follow a simple process:

They would demand that Mrs. Clinton step down, immediately, and let her vice presidential nominee, Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia, stand in her place.

Democrats should say, honestly, that with a new criminal investigation going on into events around her home-brew email server from the time she was secretary of state, having Clinton anywhere near the White House is just not a good idea."

A bulwark in the mainstream print says what a lot of us have been thinking for a long time. It says exactly what I said about "conscience" and high moral standards and the rule of the law. I was called cuckoo! Democrats are good people and it is time for them to take a stand on the moral high ground instead of criticizing the messenger. This is not NewsMax or Drudge speaking it is the Chicago Tribune in print since 1847.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/

I thought you guys didn't like Chicago. Hell, you guys don't like anything to do with the entire state of Illinois. Now a Chicago newspaper is a bastion of trust, integrity, and just pure and true journalism.

They just revoked your republican registration. Better tell your guns goodbye because they're coming for those next.

It's been crumbling for some time now, and the establishment elite know it and they're properly frightened.

1) The establishment elite should be frightened.

2) I hope he's right that they know it.

3) What's badly needed here is a mea culpa -- in deed, if not in word.

...The political establishment seems content to sit back and watch the country's finances go to hell
...They keep trying to ram through unpopular immigration reforms
...just like they rammed through an unpopular healthcare reform that is plagued by foreseeable and fatal flaws.
...They seem to put real effort into new trade pacts, and just lip service to addressing those hurt by globalization.
...Taxpayers are underwriting some $2 trillion in student debt that is almost certainly going to see high rates of default
...Massive pension shortfalls, both public and private, are piling up with no solution in sight.
...We've experienced a palpable uptick in Islamist violence on American soil, and our leaders are so vexed by political correctness that they won't even so much as call it what it is.
...Medicare and Social Security are unsustainable, but untouchable.
...We have the cognitive dissonance of near "full employment" at the same time as near record enrollment in the food stamp program.
...the surest (and least risky) way to wealth in this country right now seems to be by amassing and peddling political influence.

Meanwhile, we have a presidential election that is basically a contest to see which candidate can emerge as the least unpopular.

Donald Trump, the vulgarian at their gates, is a symptom, not a cause.

Yes, he absolutely is. I hope they understand this -- but I fear they don't.

Hillary Clinton and husband Bill are both cause and effect.

I'm not sure I fully agree with this. Clearly, Hillary is the establishment's only candidate...even if many in "the club" can't stand her. But it's a minor quibble. Either way, she's obviously not going to be asked by anybody to withdraw at this point. And even if she was, the chances that she would aren't slim, they're absolute zero.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT