ADVERTISEMENT

Grand jury votes to indict Trump

Are you really comparing lying about a blow job to bribing another country to get dirt on your opponent? Or inciting a violent mob? What Nixon did was serious and it was taken as such, by both parties. The Same should have happened with Trump.
Tell me seriously, do you think if you were asked for a jury you could even be 1% honest about this? Yeah right its f@cking ridiculous .

It’s the least of the possible indictments and the easiest to characterize as political. Trumpsters have a martyr now and their slavish devotion will only increase. It’s also going to be hard for the prosecution to win according to legal beagles. It’s just not the case that’s going to end Trump as a political player IMO, more so if he wins.

Won’t be boring here for a while.
And yet the indictments have not even been released yet! Why don't you share with us all that you know! I'm particularly interested why the legal beagle contacts don't think there will be convictions on any of the 30+ charges.

I'm not doubting that you heard or read this. But at this point it's just people talking out their ass.

Last edited:
If I had committed this crime, a regular Joe Schmo, would I be charged
How many regular Joe Schmos have been accused of commiting campaign finance crimes while running for president? John Edwards was indicted on six charges. He was found innocent on one charge and the good old boys of North Carolina could not agree on the other five charges. The judge threw the case out so there was no retrial. Oh, and he was a Democrat.

Same situation. Accused of paying off someone that he filed a child with out of wedlock.

Lmao. Again please point out where I defended Bill Clinton? I’m going to bed. Republicans are testy tonight. I don’t blame you. Hypocritical …. Word of the night!!

Aloha is calling you hyper partisan and a hypocrite for supposedly downplaying the bj, while he has been currently downplaying trump's indictment.

Irony.

They all broke a law and deserve(d) to face the music. Now it is trump's turn. Hardly partisan or being a hypocrite. No one is above the law.

Last edited by a moderator:
e2d6049b-1f0b-4666-853b-ec131f808431-medium16x9_1280x960_80216P00JZQWU.png

Playboy model

Who says money can’t buy happiness? Look at that f*cking smile.

Uhhh, that’s not how it works, Nancy.

Oof.

And yet the indictments have not even been released yet! Why don't you share with us all that you know! I'm particularly interested why the legal beagle contacts don't think there will be convictions on any of the 30+ charges.

I'm not doubting that you heard or read this. But at this point it's just people talking out their ass.
There is a lot known about the case because everything about the Cohen case is known. They know there were payouts. They know what the possible state charges might be (falsifying business records seems to be the near unanimous possibility) and they know what it would take to take that misdemeanor charge and make it a felony. Much is known. We’ll all know after Trump is booked.

Aloha is calling you hyper partisan and a hypocrite for supposedly downplaying the bj, while he has been currently downplaying trump's indictment.

Irony.

They all broke a law and deserve(d) to face the music. Now it is trump's turn. Hardly partisan or being a hypocrite. No one is above the law.
Unless you’re an idiot, and you got me wondering about that, you know I think Trump probably violated the law, but this is also the least serious and weakest case of the possible allegations and making it probably helps Trump politically.

Unless you’re an idiot, and you got me wondering, you also know that I think Trump and Trumpism is a cancer in the GOP. I want him purged from the party. I’m not defending him. You know this, right? Unless you’re an idiot, you would.

Finally, you got why I called Zeke a hyper- partisan wrong, which got me thinking about that idiot thing.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_mya1phvcpf5x4
How often are we going to play this game? When Democrats blow up the filibuster to appoint judicial nominees they turn around and get smacked with three SCOTUS justices. When Pelosi blocks committee assignments, McCarthy comes back and does the same thing. When the wield the judicial system to go after political opponents for nonsense, how are us Republicans supposed to respond to their incredulity when the same happens to them?

Democrats need to stop trampling all over norms. It’s literally destroying our federal government.

Unless you’re an idiot, and you got me wondering about that, you know I think Trump probably violated the law, but this is also the least serious and weakest case of the possible allegations and making it probably helps Trump politically.

Unless you’re an idiot, and you got me wondering, you also know that I think Trump and Trumpism is a cancer in the GOP. I want him purged from the party. I’m not defending him. You know this, right? Unless you’re an idiot, you would.

Finally, you got why I called Zeke a hyper- partisan wrong, which got me thinking about that idiot thing.
Of course you have to resort to insults after missing the point of my post entirely.

You are doing the same thing that you accuse zeke of doing and saying she is hyper partisan just because she is on the other side of the coin.

Maybe worry more about debating the point than throwing around labels and insults.

Make sure you come back here to bitch and moan after some district attorney somewhere trumps up some reason to indict Biden.

I think we need to define "trumps up". It appears Trump put down a payment to cover up an affair as a retainer to a lawyer in his business deductions. Is that legitimately a crime? I don't know, @stollcpa may well know though I doubt he knows NY law.

The question becomes, what normally happens in these cases. Are there comparable cases, where people charged?

If Biden violates a law that you or I would be charged with, he should be charged. If it isn't one, he shouldn't be.

I am not sure we KNOW if that's the case here. But offhand, it seems probable to me your normal business person would have been given a chance to pay a fine and avoid criminal. But that's just guesswork. I imagine in the coming days we will learn if there have been similar crimes and what happened.

I think we need to define "trumps up". It appears Trump put down a payment to cover up an affair as a retainer to a lawyer in his business deductions. Is that legitimately a crime? I don't know, @stollcpa may well know though I doubt he knows NY law.

The question becomes, what normally happens in these cases. Are there comparable cases, where people charged?

If Biden violates a law that you or I would be charged with, he should be charged. If it isn't one, he shouldn't be.

I am not sure we KNOW if that's the case here. But offhand, it seems probable to me your normal business person would have been given a chance to pay a fine and avoid criminal. But that's just guesswork. I imagine in the coming days we will learn if there have been similar crimes and what happened.
Lol that’s what it is. Hilarious. I could easily see how that was for business. Prosecutor is just determined to get him.

Reactions: stollcpa
Lol that’s what it is. Hilarious. I could easily see how that was for business. Prosecutor is just determined to get him.
And Al Capone was convicted of not paying his taxes and thrown in jail. Obviously a regular Joe would have been given a payment plan. Maybe a slap on the wrist. Or maybe nothing at all.

Trump has had, up to this point, better accountants.

While I get where you’re coming from, I don’t think the “would you or I be charged” comparison is valid when we’re talking about an ex president.

The fact that this is the first time EVER that a former president has been brought up on criminal charges should give us all pause.

And Al Capone was convicted of not paying his taxes and thrown in jail. Obviously a regular Joe would have been given a payment plan. Maybe a slap on the wrist. Or maybe nothing at all.

Eliot Ness was a partisan hack.

• Haha
Reactions: Zizkov
How often are we going to play this game? When Democrats blow up the filibuster to appoint judicial nominees they turn around and get smacked with three SCOTUS justices. When Pelosi blocks committee assignments, McCarthy comes back and does the same thing. When the wield the judicial system to go after political opponents for nonsense, how are us Republicans supposed to respond to their incredulity when the same happens to them?

Democrats need to stop trampling all over norms. It’s literally destroying our federal government.
This post will look strange if Republican-controlled Georgia indicts him.

Maybe Trump is the one doing the "trampling all over norms" and "literally destroying our federal government."

While I get where you’re coming from, I don’t think the “would you or I be charged” comparison is valid when we’re talking about an ex president.

The fact that this is the first time EVER that a former president has been brought up on criminal charges should give us all pause.
I really think it's b/c Trump wasn't part of the club before his election. He remains an outsider to the PTBs

This is where I have doubts, I said earlier I don't like the charges and I stand by that. But that means I am accepting that some are above the law and I am not entirely comfortable with that either. Does that not give you at least a little pause?

That’s a big deal for Desantis to write that. Contrast that with Pelosi and McCarthy and you have the sides lining up. You have to wonder what behind the scenes discussions transpired with this goofball Bragg Biden and Doj.

This is a really bad move. If it were a nasty crime that you have no choice that would be one thing. But this is truly a case where the best interests of the country should have been considered and prosecutorial discretion used, assuming what we think serves as the meat of the indictment is accurate.
Dumb people in important positions

That’s a big deal for Desantis to write that. Contrast that with Pelosi and McCarthy and you have the sides lining up. You have to wonder what behind the scenes discussions transpired with this goofball Bragg Biden and Doj.

This is a really bad move. If it were a nasty crime that you have no choice that would be one thing. But this is truly a case where the best interests of the country should have been considered and prosecutorial discretion used, assuming what we thing serves as the meat of the indictment is accurate.
Nixon wasn't charged.

Nixon.

The possibility that a former President may have committed crimes should give you pause, too.

Make sure you come back here to bitch and moan after some district attorney somewhere trumps up some reason to indict Biden.

I won't bitch about it if it as valid as what Trump is being indicted for.

Trump is getting his day in court. Isn't that how our system is supposed to work? or are you wanting to argue trump is above the law?

This post will look strange if Republican-controlled Georgia indicts him.

Maybe Trump is the one doing the "trampling all over norms" and "literally destroying our federal government."

Yea, but then those people would just be RINOs and doing dem's bidding.

It will be interesting what goo bitches about when there are no dems involved in the indictment.

I won't bitch about it if it as valid as what Trump is being indicted for.

Trump is getting his day in court. Isn't that how our system is supposed to work? or are you wanting to argue trump is above the law?
You have no idea about a grand jury how it works etc but you know this is valid lol

Desantis knows all about weaponizing the powers of government.
purepng.com-mickey-mousemickey-mousemickeymouseanimal-cartooncharacterwalt-disneyub-iwerksstudioslarge-yellow-shoered-shortswhite-gloves-1701528648495s7kem.png
We all know Mickey is woke so that was ok.

If only conservatives could just boycott disney and then we wouldn't have nearly the lines to deal with at the parks lol.

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU

This is a really bad move. If it were a nasty crime that you have no choice that would be one thing. But this is truly a case where the best interests of the country should have been considered and prosecutorial discretion used, assuming what we think serves as the meat of the indictment is accurate.
I'm just passing the info along...Twitter this morning btwn the Trump stuff, the trans people and the gun stoppers has absolutely gone off the rails. I mean its just bonkers. I'll keep posting.

And he campaigned on it. The prosecutors, judges and jury all left wing in Manhattan. I hope the republicans figure out a way to get Bragg’s law license. He will then be able to join Clinton and other disgraced attorneys.

I'm just passing the info along...Twitter this morning btwn the Trump stuff, the trans people and the gun stoppers has absolutely gone off the rails. I mean it’s just bonkers. I'll keep posting.
Yes. Please keep posting. Please. And if you see Matt in Dallas tie him in. It’s important. Our democracy is in peril

And he campaigned on it. The prosecutors, judges and jury all left wing in Manhattan. I hope the republicans figure out a way to get Bragg’s law license. He will then be able to join Clinton and other disgraced attorneys.
No. He’s not doing anything unethical or wrong. It’s just bad judgment imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT